skyrim dawnguard problem

Dracion

Ok I know Dawnguard just came out for PC and it my have some bugs. But before i got Dawngaurd for skyrim the game never crashed as much as it does now and barely ever froze. i dont know if it is one of my mods but now the game like freezes and crashes in meaning the game just quit and exits by it self and it does this every like 15 to 30 mins now. Here is the list of all the mods i have right now

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

SkyMoMod.esm

Magicka Sabers.esp

MidasSkyrim.esp

Nocturnal Robes - 1st person mesh fix.esp

Tools of Kagrenac.esp

Warglaive of Azzinoth.esp

wgoulart_Ifrit.esp

Neo's Swordmage.esp

Silverlight Armor.esp

Directors Tools.esp

Neo's Slave Leia.esp

survivor_armor.esp

portal2mod.esp

Neo's Witch.esp

Jackalhead's Monster Fix.esp [inactive]

R18Pn - Inner Wear Set.esp

IMAGINATOR - Visual Control for Skyrim.esp

Lady of Death.esp

Deadly Dragons.esp

WATER.esp

WATER - Get Wet.esp

The Dance of Death.esp

SkyMoMod_lists.esp

Phenderix's Magic Evolved.esp

Crimson Tide - Blood.esp

So can anyone help me fix this problem.

I can confirm that after installing Dawnguard,

I was getting instant crashes to desktop after the bethesda logo video.

After going ahead and uninstalling absolutely every mod I had installed. (Mods from both Nexus and Steam Workshop). It stopped crashing at that point. Heh...

oh wait. I left the portal 2 space core mod installed and it runs fine....

You are going to have to uninstall all your mods if you want to play the Dawnguard content.

Something just discovered... it may not be all mods that causes it to crash. Some mods may still work with dawnguard. Just a process of trial and error until you find which mod is the culprit.

Edited by Armaron

C'mon guys, the idea that you have to do a clean install and/or uninstall all mods to get a DLC to work is a little extreme. It's just the usual troubleshooting scene whenever a patch or DLC arrives on the scene.

edit: hmmmn, ok, the more I read about Dawnguard in the threads... maybe it's indeed more than just the usual troubleshooting scene. Technical support threads always seem to follow the release of a DLC, but I don't recall anything close to the number of new Dawnguard bug threads when any of the FO3 or FONV DLCs came out. (Personally, I never had any problems with the 2 FO3 DLCs i bought, nor with any of the full suite of FONV DLCs I bought. Literally just load and play without a hitch - easy peasy.)

Edited by kevkiev

I literally have started a new game, uninstalled all of my mods and I crash every single time try to load after entering fort dawnguard 100% of the time.. anyone have any ideas at all? i cant find anything about this. Everything works perfectly right up until the guy tells me to enter the fort and speak to isran.. then i crash when i enter....

well i just got done playing skyrim and my game dosnt crash aymore now after like thirty mins to an hour or so the game just freezes but it only does this in the skyrim world but when I was in the Soul Cirn or the forgotten vales it never crashed or froze but i was just lucky probebly that time. I dont know if you have a saved game for a long time does it like start getting old and start gettinng cruppted or something because I just uninstalled deadly dragons mod the WATER mod and skyrim monster mod becasue i though that might fix it and then when i play my saved game and went a dwemer ruin some of the dwemer enemys and falmer animations were messed up.

I have nearly all your mods and many many more and I have no crashes at all.

The only mod that I do not have is the SkyMoMod. Try to disable that for a while.

Also swith off the events in the DD see what will happen.

Disable the Dance of death and Imaginator (major bugs after patch 1.6 I am not sure if it was fixed after)

Tell me if you are still using any mods and which ones.

Did you start a new character?

If you are using the old saves what were the mods that you have before that were using scripts. (I need this since the beginning of this character)

Let me know how that goes. D13

The only mod that I do not have is the SkyMoMod. Try to disable that for a while.

Disable the Dance of death and Imaginator (major bugs after patch 1.6 I am not sure if it was fixed after)

If you are using the old saves what were the mods that you have before that were using scripts. (I need this since the beginning of this character)

Ok like i said in my last post my game dosnt crash anymore but instead it freezes now. And dont know what DD is or how to switch them off. and no I haven started a new game in a long time. and yes i am useing an old save. and i dont know what you mean by: If you are using the old saves what were the mods that you have before that were using scripts because i dont know what mods uses scripts. And i did disable SkyMoMod and it my game still freezes and after I disabled it some of the monsters and creatures in my game are now haveing animation problems.

Edited by Dracion

Ok like i said in my last post my game dosnt crash anymore but instead it freezes now. And dont know what DD is or how to switch them off. and no I haven started a new game in a long time. and yes i am useing an old save. and i dont know what you mean by: If you are using the old saves what were the mods that you have before that were using scripts because i dont know what mods uses scripts. And i did disable SkyMoMod and it my game still freezes and after I disabled it some of the monsters and creatures in my game are now haveing animation problems.

Hey dude the DD is Deadly Dragons mod. When you will be in the game open console and type in "set ddconfig to 1" close console a menu will show up. Make sure that the setting for the DDEvents are set to 0 hours that will disable them.

As for the Animation problem. Go and find the animation folder in the meshes folder and erase the whole thing. That will reset all animations to vanila ones.

As for future references when installing mods. Are you only using NMM to do the installation or do you use Wrye Bash as well?

Every more complex mod (quests, UFO, Monter mods, More enemies etc.) except armor mods and weapon mod usually use scripts. These things if they are not done properly can damage your save indefinately. Most scripts will dissappear automatically when a mod is disabled but some stay in the game and if they were not disabled manually they will cause a LOT of problems. Always read the full description on a mod ALWAYS!!! It will tell you if you can just disable a mod in NMM or do you have to disable the mod from within the game fist.

Let me know how it goes :) D13

Also what is your last save size in MB

Hey dude the DD is Deadly Dragons mod. When you will be in the game open console and type in "set ddconfig to 1" close console a menu will show up. Make sure that the setting for the DDEvents are set to 0 hours that will disable them.

As for the Animation problem. Go and find the animation folder in the meshes folder and erase the whole thing. That will reset all animations to vanila ones.

As for future references when installing mods. Are you only using NMM to do the installation or do you use Wrye Bash as well?

Every more complex mod (quests, UFO, Monter mods, More enemies etc.) except armor mods and weapon mod usually use scripts. These things if they are not done properly can damage your save indefinately. Most scripts will dissappear automatically when a mod is disabled but some stay in the game and if they were not disabled manually they will cause a LOT of problems. Always read the full description on a mod ALWAYS!!! It will tell you if you can just disable a mod in NMM or do you have to disable the mod from within the game fist.

Let me know how it goes :) D13

Also what is your last save size in MB

ok like i said in my last post i disable Deadly dragon because dragons spawned in the new dungeons in dawngaurd. And the skyrim monster mod didnt have a meshes or texture folder the there files were in the BSA File. And yes I use NMM to install big mods but any armor and weapon mod i install manully. as for Wrye Bash I dont use it because i dont trust it. And the size of my last save 14MB.