How to uninstall and re-install Dawnguard on PC?

Schattenu

I realize I probably sound like an idiot asking this lol, but I'm not exceptionally tech-savvy. I've hit a number of borderline quest-breaking bugs in Dawnguard, some of which I'm told can only be solved by uninstalling and reinstalling Dawnguard. How do I go about doing so on PC with Steam? I wasn't sure if simply unchecking and rechecking the box in the Data Files window would work, and before I start messing with stuff, I figured I'd ask here, since Google didn't seem to help much.

Again, apologies for sounding so dumb lol, but any help is appreciated.

I realize I probably sound like an idiot asking this lol, but I'm not exceptionally tech-savvy. I've hit a number of borderline quest-breaking bugs in Dawnguard, some of which I'm told can only be solved by uninstalling and reinstalling Dawnguard. How do I go about doing so on PC with Steam? I wasn't sure if simply unchecking and rechecking the box in the Data Files window would work, and before I start messing with stuff, I figured I'd ask here, since Google didn't seem to help much.

Again, apologies for sounding so dumb lol, but any help is appreciated.

I'm not exactly sure these are the only two files that are added by the DLC, but by the looks of it, they are.

All you need to do is delete dawnguard.esm and dawnguard.bsa in your data folder. Then go to Skyrim in your Steam library, and verify the integrity of the game cache.

• 1 month later...
I'm not exactly sure these are the only two files that are added by the DLC, but by the looks of it, they are.

All you need to do is delete dawnguard.esm and dawnguard.bsa in your data folder. Then go to Skyrim in your Steam library, and verify the integrity of the game cache.

i did that

but then how do you re-intall it?????

i went to the store and it said i already own it >.<

• 2 months later...

i too am having the same issues. there's some incompatibility issues with some of my mods and my characters where suck in first person. I have removed dawnguard but how do you re down load? Im going to try to verify the game cache and see if that with re install the dlc.

"edit" So you go to the page of the dlc and click the already own play now button. it will be green and its will start the download process.

Edited by Icydawn

• 5 months later...

It doesn't start the download process. It just starts the launcher and doesn't do anything more that if I were to just hit 'Play Game' on my home Skyrim tab.

I played Dawnguard once, but then my game CTD, and Dawnguard disappeared. It's like I had never bought it. And it refuses to redownload.

• 3 years later...

Launch the Steam App Go To your Skyrim Game Page scroll to bottom, See DLC Bit with Boxes & Ticks?

Untick to Uninstall DLC

Tick to Install DLC

And in 1 month time I will ticking for the Special Edition

If it unticked by default on launch? :happy:

Then I'll mod it :laugh:

cuz what Modded Skrim vs Special Edition,

No ~ Skyrim Special Edition Modded is Best!!! :mellow: Just Saying, Cuz It What We Do Here. MOD :devil: