Skyrim Crashes After Bethesda Logo

AffablySociopathic

Well so I've been playing skyrim for a couple of months and today I was updating my skse and downloading two new mods which are the "DragonsReach Hideout(Nightingale version)" and "Spouses can live Everywhere". As usual I launched through the skse loader and the usual message pops up saying this version skse is incompatible with the newest version of skyrim(or something along those lines) now I click okay and expect it to go down again but it still launches the game(which is weird cuz it usually doesn't do that if its incompatible and weirder still is that according to silverlock this version of skse should be compatible with my version of skyrim) but the game crashes after the bethesda logo, now my first thoughts are that I must have installed skse wrong so I go back into the folders and carefully make sure that I did everything right and then try again, the same thing happens which makes me think this might be a problem with the skse loader itself so I launch it via steam and still it crashes. So I use the launcher to access the data files and untick the above mentioned mods but it still crashes, so I go to desperate measures and manually delete all of the skse files after which it STILL crashes. I'm out of solutions here so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

To be more clear its after the bethesda logo and before the continue/save/load

Please Help ME, I AM GOING INSANE. :wallbash:

Edited by AffablySociopathic

Make sure you're not trying to load a mod without an active master.

Make sure there's only one instance of skyrim.esm recorded in your plugins.txt file located in [rootdrive]\username\appdata\local\skyrim.

My skyrim.esm file is located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data directory and as far as I can tell there's only one instance of it. As far as I can tell it should be working but the problem is that it just isn't, although wait a moment I might have misunderstood your instructions a bit a bit.

Edit: There is no instance of skyrim esm recorded in my plugins.txt and also according to some things I found on the net there should be a file called plugins.ini in my folder with a copy of all contents in plugins.txt but there isnt one. Created a plugins.ini with a copy of the contents of plugins.txt, still doesn't work. I'll attach a copy of my txt an ini files in skyrim

Edited by AffablySociopathic

i have this issue when i try to load in certain mods. process of elimination (un-plugging mods one by one to narrow it down) has left me with the two mods causing this same exact issue. also, when you load up the skyrim launcher, click on 'data files' and look to see if the 'skyrim.esm' file is current and checked. also try checking the 'load loose files' box at the bottom of the dialog box. it seemed to help my version load up completely.

Hey, what you need to do is uninstall ALL of your mods (except SKSE). Make sure Skyrim runs without any mods. If not, uninstall SKSE and Skyrim and reinstall Skyrim then make sure it'll run, then reinstall SKSE make sure that runs...if not, I am not sure what the problem is.

If Skyrim runs without any mods, install one mod at a time until you get the crash. I had this same problem and the mod that was causing it was Dual Wield Parrying (I forget the version number right now - 1.36 maybe?). Anyway, Skyrim works fine without that mod and I have other mods installed that do work. I haven't used either of the two mods you mentioned, but if you have other mods, chances are it's one of them causing the crash. So just use process of elimination. Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm really new to this kind of thing, but after a lot of research I followed every tip and trick to a Tee, and I've been stonewalled very very early on. I mean, I downloaded SKSE, with the 17.0.6 patch downloaded, I put the Data file in an Archive and used the Nexus mod loader to load it, so it wouldn't be permanent, but now I don't get past the bethesda logo! It just shows me a small peek of the Skyrim logo and then shuts down with barely a whimper! I followed the tips in here as well, I have only on instance of Skyrim.esp...I'm flabbergasted that I've failed so early on.

• 2 months later...

I had your same problem .. hte uninstalled skse and followed instructions that says to add only .exe and .dll files ...

You need no more than them i think, i'm still setting the game up so i cannot tell you if all worked well... but at leaste it started only adding .dlls and .exe in the rood folder of skse.

Hope this help.

• 4 months later...

hi guys.

I have a problem like this too. my game crashes after bethesda logo. but it started happening after I failed to install "project enb". I did all the things that install guide said, but it crashes anyway. I tried tried to fix it but being a noob in such things, I failed it too I guess :) I tried deleting all files related to enb from my skyrim folder and replaced them with my old files. But of course, game still crashes. Is there anything I can do to fix this ? I don't wanna loose my saves and mods. Please help :(

• 4 weeks later...

i have this iseu ass well but most off the mods are in fight with dawnguard that sucks

anyone know what to do because i dont use that much mods i use most likly only texture mods and guild mods some armor and weapons but tested those no problems

Edited by ssgohan91