[Dawnguard - Spoiler]Curing Serana's Vampirism (Request)

DelariusAthradien

I managed to get the first command to work. I used the dialogue to send her off to get cured. Mission Accomplished.

BUT. When she got back, her eyes were just as yellow as the second command. I'm wondering if anyone else has the issue, and if so, I would hope that someone could fix the coloration with a minor mod.

I come here asking for one mod, and end up needing a different one all together XD.

Her yellow eyes have nothing to do with the use of a console command (how could it be? :x )

Her natural eyes after being cured are really slightly yellow in the game datas. It's just that they were not coded properly. I'd prefer to see a color changing mod for her natural eyes than a mod for a quest that can be triggered easily by a console command

In fact I'd even prefer Bethesda to fix it, I think the yellow color is unintended and they will fix it sooner or later (let's hope in the next patch)

Edited by Cemanana

If you haven't got the "I'm not talking about this with you any more." line yet after finishing the main dawnguard quest on the Dawnguard side, and you already have asked her about getting a cure and got the "I'm not letting go of this gift" line, try the following console command:

setPapyrusQuestVar XX002b6e ToldPlayerSheDidntWantCure_var False

The game will act like you've never asked her about the cure before the end of the main quest. If you ask her about that, you'll get the "No... why?" line, and from there it's ridiculously easy to get her to cure herself.

A person with more scripting abilities than me can use that knowledge to maybe make the mod as requested.

Note: The XX there is the number Dawnguard is in our load order. If it's the third file, it'll be 02 IIRC.

thank you mikethorgeo that console command code you posted saved me, I had made the mistake of talking to serena about curing herself when I first meet her and then later on in the game when I asked again, she was mad, but I loaded save before asking her again and then used setPapyrusQuestVar 02002b6e ToldPlayerSheDidntWantCure_var False and was able to get her to go cure herself!..

Yeah hey man, uhm... I typed that stuff and all. It worked swell in the console but when I talked to her about it she just went on to say "I'm not talking about this with you anymore" I did what you did with the setPapyrusQuestVar 05002b6e ToldPlayerSheDidntWantCure_Var False. After I typed that, every chat was the same, did that happen to you too?

If you haven't got the "I'm not talking about this with you any more." line yet after finishing the main dawnguard quest on the Dawnguard side, and you already have asked her about getting a cure and got the "I'm not letting go of this gift" line, try the following console command:

The game will act like you've never asked her about the cure before the end of the main quest. If you ask her about that, you'll get the "No... why?" line, and from there it's ridiculously easy to get her to cure herself.

A person with more scripting abilities than me can use that knowledge to maybe make the mod as requested.

Note: The XX there is the number Dawnguard is in our load order. If it's the third file, it'll be 02 IIRC.

thank you mikethorgeo that console command code you posted saved me, I had made the mistake of talking to serena about curing herself when I first meet her and then later on in the game when I asked again, she was mad, but I loaded save before asking her again and then used setPapyrusQuestVar 02002b6e ToldPlayerSheDidntWantCure_var False and was able to get her to go cure herself!..

Yeah hey man, uhm... I typed that stuff and all. It worked swell in the console but when I talked to her about it she just went on to say "I'm not talking about this with you anymore" I did what you did with the setPapyrusQuestVar 05002b6e ToldPlayerSheDidntWantCure_Var False. After I typed that, every chat was the same, did that happen to you too?

I think it only works if you haven't gotten to the point where she says "I don't want to talk about it." You have to input the command while you can still at least pull up the dialogue that would lead to her saying that.

I think it only works if you haven't gotten to the point where she says "I don't want to talk about it." You have to input the command while you can still at least pull up the dialogue that would lead to her saying that.

Yeah it cant be done when she says "I'm not talking to you about this anymore"... So I did the rational thing and loaded an auto save and boom! I did it! She's cured now! ^^

Yeah it cant be done when she says "I'm not talking to you about this anymore"... So I did the rational thing and loaded an auto save and boom! I did it! She's cured now! ^^

Good to hear! Are her eyes yellow for you?

• 2 months later...