Only YOU Can Prevent Forest Fires.

missjennabee

My skyrim game keeps crashing. I have used BOSS to setup my load order and double checked that. Also i have about 48 mods on there I have not checked all of them to see which on might be the problem but I have gone through at least 20. It will start up show the bethesda logo and then crash I do not know what to do at this point can some one help me out?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,, i have a question about the " AI " mod. Where is the best place to put a " AI " mod in the last of the load order or in the begining ? example: i have this mod " AI Overhaul ", but BOSS don't reconize him,, so,, do i put it after all mod with NPC,, or before? thank you.

• 1 month later...

Great read. A quick question about load orders though, if you don't mind.

Let's say after LOOTing or BOSSing a load order, one goes about organising the load order like you have suggested. Does one then lock the load order so that no further changes can be made?

Also, I tend to be a LOOT user rather than a BOSS user. In that case, in order to obtain the kind of optimised load order that you have suggested, does this mean that I have edit the meta data such that a gameplay mod like say Better Vampires has to be loaded after the 50 or so hair/face/whatever mods? Cos if so that's going to be quite a large hassle XD

• 1 month later...

Thankyou for your post on load orders I am new to modding and had no idea there is a preferred order till I encountered problems. I had used both LOOT and BOSS but neither of them made sense to me Logically for a Load order. Your load order suggestion made sense and worked for me.... now if I could only start a new game lol but that is another headache.

• 4 weeks later...

been through all of it and still working the same game i started when i started skyrim over a year ago. I used skyrim save game cleaner found here on nexus, as well as papyrus script scalpel or something to that effect.) Both have saved my game and save file. Now i'm fine tuning my system to make skyrim work better.

though on a note about the memory thing, when the system RAM fills up, windows will automatically start paging the information, and this usually causes papyrus to go wonky and CTD.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...