Dwemer Auto-Crossbow and crossbow with bayonets!

hltvpro

Concerning the Dwemer not intending the crossbows for human use:

The only funny line I can think of is that we're reading the schematics at the wrong scale and it's meant to be plans for improved balistas.

funny thought but that shouldn't be, a ballista shouldn't have man-sized grips and trigger mechanism on the same scale.

This request comes up a lot, and by all means, the models are simple to make. However, they require new animations and some good scripting to run with. That is quite a lot of work and debugging.

Scripting the crossbow itself will be rather easy, but tweaking the animation of the player, remove clipping and get it all to run with scripts, is a lot of work.

I don't know much about actual modding, but what if we just skip the entire reloading animation? Then a new bolt just appears on the rack right after you shoot the first one.

As for scripting, it may be needed if the clip or magazine has a capacity, but might not require any if the crossbow is belt-fed, meaning all the "belt linked bolts" (crafted) in your inventory would feed directly into the weapon, just like a quiver.

I'm not sure if that makes it any easier, or maybe we can just learn from "Dwemer Rifle" mod and use the staff animation and mechanism.

Well, it appears that someone already made it happen. It was just like I said, the mod "skipped" the reloading animation. It looks a little weird but it works, and that's a good start.

Try it out: Semi-automatic Crossbow by Bzhuan

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22100/

help "machine crossbow"