Tutorials WITHOUT "youtoob"

Allannaa

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question regarding mannequins. I do know that they tend to move about. I solved this by placing them on their own little navmesh. While this stops them from wandering, it does not stop them from changing poses. Their heads are sometimes turned, their arms slightly raised, legs showing in mid-step. Is there a way to stop this ?

Use the script version from the USKP or the Vanilla Mannequin Script Fix by sLuckyD (which I now manage). VMSF carries over USKPs corrections now rather than trying to implement its own. If one does not work for you, then the other will not either. New game recommended to be 100% sure that nothing has carried over in the save file.

Personally, I've only ever experienced any of the "common" mannequin issues on two separate occasions. The first was with the Proudspire mannequins. They would duplicate custom enchanted gear without the enchantment. The second was in a mod home with MLLY and a custom race. The mannequin actually disappeared after the switch to look like my character.

My thoughts on the issue are that as there is more stuff running in the game, there is more likelihood of problems occurring due to process timing. Mannequins need their AI active in order to ensure they are in the correct spot/pose etc. Then their AI gets shut off so that they stay in the correct spot/pose. But sometimes the game will lag slightly and they do not get into position before the AI gets turned off and locks them in place.

Since Hearthfires, code has been in place that moves them back to their correct position whenever you activate them. It is, as far as I know, the only workaround/solution given that the game is limited in its processing power by being a 32 bit application.

I've experienced this multiple times, both on the console and PC versions of the game. from what i've heard, though it's not a permanent solution, i think you can select the mannequin from where it's supposed to be (mine have sometimes wondered off a few paces), either put something on it or take something off, exit its "inventory" and that should fix the problem temporarily.

didn't realize at first this is pretty much exactly what the last poster said...

Edited by fruitierracer42

Well, after having had so much trouble with the copied Dragon Priest Mask Holder, I was able to create my first script. It is based upon the original script but with some parts removed, because the Ultimate Mask is now placed in ordinary Bust Holder.

It seems to works, but I would like a second opinion if possible. I used this script in 9 custommade activators.

Scriptname LabyrinthianMaskBustSCRIPT extends ObjectReference
{Handling Script for Mask Busts}

armor property myMask auto
{Which mask am I made for?}

message property defaultLackTheItemMSG auto

bool placed = FALSE

EVENT onActivate(objectReference actronaut)
if placed == FALSE
if actronaut.getItemCount(myMask) >= 1
blockActivation()
actronaut.removeItem(myMask, 1)
placed = TRUE
getLinkedRef().playAnimationandWait("on","TransOn")
blockActivation(FALSE)
else
defaultLackTheItemMSG.show()
endif
elseif placed == TRUE
blockActivation()
actronaut.addItem(myMask, 1)
placed = FALSE
getLinkedRef().playAnimationAndWait("off","TransOff")
blockActivation(FALSE)
endif

endEVENT

Edited by Grathagis

Well, after having had so much trouble with the copied Dragon Priest Mask Holder, I was able to create my first script. It is based upon the original script but with some parts removed, because the Ultimate Mask is now placed in ordinary Bust Holder.

It seems to works, but I would like a second opinion if possible. I used this script in 9 custommade activators.

bool placed = FALSE

if placed == FALSE

blockActivation()

placed = TRUE

blockActivation(FALSE)

else

endif

elseif placed == TRUE

blockActivation()

placed = FALSE

blockActivation(FALSE)

endif

endEVENT

You need to change the scriptname, or it will overwrite the vanilla script.

bool placed = FALSE

if placed == FALSE

blockActivation()

placed = TRUE

blockActivation(FALSE)

else

endif

elseif placed == TRUE

blockActivation()

placed = FALSE

blockActivation(FALSE)

endif

endEVENT

You need to change the scriptname, or it will overwrite the vanilla script.

It is another name. The original one has "dun" at the start of its name.

Edited by Grathagis

Use the script version from the USKP or the Vanilla Mannequin Script Fix by sLuckyD (which I now manage). VMSF carries over USKPs corrections now rather than trying to implement its own. If one does not work for you, then the other will not either. New game recommended to be 100% sure that nothing has carried over in the save file.

Personally, I've only ever experienced any of the "common" mannequin issues on two separate occasions. The first was with the Proudspire mannequins. They would duplicate custom enchanted gear without the enchantment. The second was in a mod home with MLLY and a custom race. The mannequin actually disappeared after the switch to look like my character.

My thoughts on the issue are that as there is more stuff running in the game, there is more likelihood of problems occurring due to process timing. Mannequins need their AI active in order to ensure they are in the correct spot/pose etc. Then their AI gets shut off so that they stay in the correct spot/pose. But sometimes the game will lag slightly and they do not get into position before the AI gets turned off and locks them in place.

Since Hearthfires, code has been in place that moves them back to their correct position whenever you activate them. It is, as far as I know, the only workaround/solution given that the game is limited in its processing power by being a 32 bit application.

If I create a mod in the CK, with the USKP ticked as well, does this mean that the user will have to be in possession of the USKP as well ?

For myself that isn't a problem, but not everyone has USKP installed.

If you do it that way, yes, the user would need the USKP installed as well.

The USKP team actually recommends incorporating the fixes into your mod rather than parenting their mod. That way you'll be providing a little bit of correction to those users that do not use the USKP but do use your mod.

However, in the case of the mannequins, it is modifications to the script and nothing to the mannequin records. So, stating what script(s) are safe to use is about the best that you can do. As far as the USKP goes, it is probably OK to pack their script in your mod BUT your mod would need to use a BSA so that if the user does want to use some other script version, they can use the loose file of that other version.

Suggest you ask here for assistance/permission in passing various types of USKP corrections into your mod.

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/forum/345-unofficial-skyrim-patches/