Female PC Spellcasting Voices

AurianaValoria1

MotB made several changes from the OC, especially voices. I hate the changes made to the female PC spellcasting voice - it sounds like a child casting spells rather than a grown woman. I know there are a few mods that revert the voice back to the old spell chants, but that's not necessarily what I want. I noticed that the MotB spellcasting voices for female NPCs sound a lot more mature...is there a way to change the female PC spell chants to those of the female NPCs? (You can hear this voice a lot with the hags).

I know what you mean, and the answer is yes, but it'll take a little detective work. The task is to identify the file names of both sets -- the default female PC spellcasting set (there are different magic words for different schools of magic, etc.), and a more mature set. There are several, I think. I know at least one of the NPCs in SoZ has a more mature casting voice. The files would be in Sounds.zip, sounds_x1.zip, and sounds_x2.zip. Then, make copies of the files from the sound set you want for yourself, put those files in your override folder, and rename them to match the default PC files of the same purpose.

I checked, and the Soraevora casting sounds from sounds_x2.zip may be to your taste. Due to the codec, I could only play the sounds in VLC player, but you may find other usable players.

• 3 years later...