Photo

Skyrim crashes after Bethesda logo (definitely a mod problem)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

KnightOfChronos

KnightOfChronos

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
So, my problem here is that Skyrim was clearly working with two mods before so theres no problem with those. But I did realize that there was some issues with new ones I downloaded. Here they are, the ones that aren't working:

Katamari Dovahkiin
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15182

Enhanced Blood Textures
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/60

Moonpath to Elsweyr
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9782

But yet, I have downloaded its recent updates and everything yet for some reason they still don't work and is crashing Skyrim after the Bethesda Logo. Here is my computer details if its necessary

AMD Quad-Core Processor A6-3420M with Turbor CORE tech up to 2.40 GHz

AMD Radeon HD 6520G with 512 MB Graphics System Memory

4GB of RAM

starffish

starffish

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the exact same problem after adding a couple of mods last night. Deleted the mods, but he problem remains. Thinking about doing a complete reinstall but any suggestions or solutions would be gratefully received...

Piririn

Piririn

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Check your load-order.
Only time it ever crashed for me at the startup was because i accidentaly messed up my load order.

Run BOSS and check if you got any conflicts.

cycloney911

cycloney911

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
I know for a fact that Enhanced Blood Textures is outdated and causes CTD/Freezes, i saw many people having this type of issues, maybe it that mod.

KnightOfChronos

KnightOfChronos

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Check your load-order.
Only time it ever crashed for me at the startup was because i accidentaly messed up my load order.

Run BOSS and check if you got any conflicts.

So, I ran BOSS and I saw I have 8 errors. All of them say this (obviously with different mod names): Error: Error: The modification date of "SkyMoMod.esm" cannot be written! Filesystem response: "boost::filesystem::last_write_time: Access is denied: "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data\SkyMoMod.esm"".

Any way to resolve this??

JackParker

JackParker

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have this annoying problem too... iv fixed it befor, but cant affter installing the drakian race mod.. il try reinstalling

lilbeaner

lilbeaner

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i have the same error im tryin to install the byog mod but every time i start skyrim it quits after the bethesda logo

ginnyfizz

ginnyfizz

The ONE AND ONLY Official Queen of the Nexus

• Premium Member
  • 3,471 posts
Use Steam to delete all local files and reinstall the game. Sounds like SkyMoMod is your problem. I would redownload your mods as well and reintroduce them one by one, and take particular care with SkyMoMod. Maybe leave it out altogether.

Page loaded in: 1.282 seconds