Which game (or games) do you have the fondest memories with?

MikeRyan

A ton of games have been released during the last 40 or so years so there are some that are sure to have left an impression.

One game that left a fond memory in em is the longest journey, a point and click adventure game. It is a fun experience to play that game and it has sure left its memory in me.

I remember borrowing the game from my uncle and getting far, but then the game stopped working so i couldnt finish it. But a few months ago i got it from steam through a gift and i couldnt be happier.

Another game that i love playing is age of empires 2, theres something epic with it.

Now i would like to know, which games do you fondly remember playing?

Oh and do forgive me for any typos, english is not my first language

Edited by MikeRyan

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Age of Empires 2. It was a great game, sure, but I used to make maps for my neighbour and vice versa and we would go play them...just too epic.

Renegade, the RTS C&C series made an excellent spin off FPS and it makes we wish more developers dare to switch. A TES strategy game for example would be rather lol as well.

Age of Empires 2. It was a great game, sure, but I used to make maps for my neighbour and vice versa and we would go play them...just too epic.

Renegade, the RTS C&C series made an excellent spin off FPS and it makes we wish more developers dare to switch. A TES strategy game for example would be rather lol as well.

I agree on the last part, a TES strategy game would be pretty sweet.

Commanding legions of imperial soldiers into battle against daedra and such hehe.

But more on tpic, another game i love is the gta series, there is something special about them

Halo: Combat Evolved. Playing it when I did, it left a deep impression-I remember like it was yesterday stepping out of the escape pod and onto the Ring for the first time, it was amazing. I'd never explored an open game world before, let alone a giant, beautiful one(for 2001) I've also got many fond memories about it's combat, story, and characters. I really like Halo, and one of the biggest reasons is the way it felt playing the original.

The DIRT series. It was with Dirt that I really started to get serious about racing games-and started to realise I was above average at them. In Dirt 2, I set my first world record time about eight months after launch, and while that's been an elusive feat since then, I've only had four others since, it's still something I'll never forget.

There are others, but I've not got the time to post them now.

Demon's Souls. I almost cried when I heard the credit music for the first time, after going through the whole game. The atmosphere is pretty intense.

Dragon Age II, by a long shot. Look, don't judge me. I actually loved that game! Male mage hawke- spirit healer- Merrill, Varric, and Aveline. Entire party maxed friendship, Merrill romanced. Sided with the mages. I had tears in my eyes at the end credits. Took me about 45 hours to complete (almost completionist), without the dlc.

The game really is better if you play as a mage- the mage/templar conflict feels much more personal, then.

Fallout 3 for me brings the fondest memories. New Vegas is my favourite game of all time if it has all the DLC's, but you'll never experience anything like playing Fallout 3 for the first time.

I would have to say the Dawn of War franchise. The game was first released back in 2004, and I have been playing it ever since. I met one of my best friends on GameRanger about a year ago, and to this day we still stay up all night playing Soulstorm together.

Then there's Diablo II, the game I basically grew up with (well one of the games at least, I could probably name a dozen more). I was still too young to fully understand the game then, putting too many points into Energy as a Barbarian, or using my Sorceress to melee. Needless to say, I rarely made it past Act 1 with any of my characters.

Fun times.

On a side note, this is my first post. :tongue: