[WIP] Cerwiden -SMART Healer- AI Configurable Companion

Mujuro

No problem, you have no idea how many times I've "borked" Ceri's code myself in the course of development; I keep multiple "progress copies" as I go just in case. :P That said, I'm not 100% sure what happened or what is causing the behavior issue. For example, a bunch of folks I know are using Convenient Horses, so that shouldn't be a problem unless it's interacting funny with another mod. Regarding the ESMify, that's the correct approach (in fact, I updated the instructions for the patch mod last night to include, specifically, ESMify instructions and screenshots); what COULD be causing the issue is if you forgot to ESPify afterwards.

Here's what I'd recommend that you try:

1. Disable the appearance patch mod, rebuild bashed patch, ASIS, etc.
  2. Load an earlier save, preferrably one where the patch mod changes aren't included
  3. Check and see if Ceri works properly
  4. If so, redo the appearance patch mod but be mindful of the steps listed below
  5. Reactivate the new appearance patch mod, rebuild bashed patch, ASIS, etc.

The steps:

1. Prior to loading the appearance mod in the CK, make sure all dependent masters are included (e.g., check via Wrye Bash)
  2. For any masters that are ESPs (including CerwidenCompanion.esp), ESMify and then add as master using Wrye
  3. Open the CK, make the desired changes, save (don't forget to do the purple forehead fix too)
  4. Do the CTRL+F4 export
  5. Reload the appearance patch mod in the CK and verify that all is good, exit the CK
  6. In Wrye Bash, ESPify any ESP that you ESMified

Regarding her neck seam issue, I've been told that using the console, clicking on her and doing a setweight adjustment "should" work, but I've never personally come across the seaming issue so I can't say (try e.g., setweight 80).

Regarding getting the CK to "remember" a load order, alas, there's no way I know of.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are awesome!! And extremely patient. :)

Everything worked, I had to go back 10 levels in order to find a save that worked, but at least I dont have to start over. LOL

I only have one more issue (hopefully)... While fixing the neck gap, when I use the SetNPCWeight it turns the color of her head back to it's original color, very pale. Trust me it does not look right having a tan body and a pale head. LOL

Is there a way to fix this? If not, it's ok I will just deal with the gap and cover it with armor. :)

Caliente's TexBlend is a neat little program, but unfortunately it doesnt work for this problem. I tried the SetNPCWeight, which fixed the gap, but it made the color wrong. I used TexBlend, and it fixed the color but put the gap back in there.

I also thought about switching to the UNP body, but one of the reasons I use the CBBE is because it seems to have more options for armor and clothes that are more to my taste. The UNP body has a lot of japanese anime clothing and armor, there's nothing wrong with that, it's just not my thing.

I will do some more research and see what I come up with. If you would like me to, IF I find a solution I will come back here and post it for future reference.

Anyway, thanks again for all your help, now I can play and be happy with Ceri's new look.

Peace

Sure thing, please do post if you find a solution. I've not tried this in quite a while, but I do recall that some CBBE armors work with UNP bodies (may not look quite as nice, of course); I remember downloading one a couple months back (can't remember which though) just to test and it worked on UNP body; something to do with whether the armor uses certain CBBE-specific skeleton bones/rigging or not. If so, it'll bork, possibly CTD. If not, it can be worn on UNP. Of course, take what I say with a huge pile of salt, as I'm no body/skeleton expert by any stretch.

@MstrShakta

One thing when using setnpcweight in-game, the head mesh changes a bit so the facegen export won't exactly 'fit' anymore. So the face will turn grey and lose the lip colors, etc.

I usually use setnpcweight in-game and note the value used for the desired look. Then make a save, and exit. Then open the custom plugin with the CK and set the same weight on the NPC record. Then export facegen so that it 'fits' the weight that you have in your save game.

I haven't had any luck with a weight other than 100 on NPCs, with the CBBE meshes. There is an air gap between the neck and body meshes with weights lower than 100. This is when trying to use CBBE as a custom skin (armor) on the NPC object. I have UPN as a general replacer, so I haven't tried CBBE that way. I haven't tried this yet, but the solution might be to make a custom CBBE mesh with bodyslide so it looks like you want it to be, with the NPC weight at 100.

@rickerhk

THAT DID IT !!! Thank you ever so much!! Color matches the rest of the body and no more gap.

@Mujuro

Coincidently, I created a new character to see if that would get rid of the gap, it did but when I went to recruit her as a follower she was wearing one of her alternate hair styles. Is there a way to get the hair style back to what I wanted her to have?

Thanks again to both of you for all the help!!

Peace

@MstrShakta She'll randomly change hairstyles periodically (about 25% chance during the day, 50% at night to put her hair 'down') if you don't toggle her wardrobe to player control. You can reset her hair back to default via the debug dialogue options (set kcfDebugmode to 1) and then speaking with her.