[WIP] Cerwiden -SMART Healer- AI Configurable Companion

Mujuro

@Exsanguinatio Nope, I would not add new archetypes directly to Ceri, not to worry. :) I've not decided whether to make the other NPCs I plan to create for Ceri's quest followers or not yet. The first "mini-installment" of the quest (part backstory, part "friendship" with Ceri) will be included in v1.6.

BTW to everyone: I'll be closing this poll with the formal release of v1.6, and will be putting up a new poll at that time. Thanks to everyone who provided their opinions! :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, now that v1.6 is released, I'm closing this poll. I'll have another dev opinion poll up after I get some sleep, got an early day at work coming up.

@Triaxx2 I've been fiddling with some resurrection code but so far it's been unreliable in terms of interacting properly with the big companion framework mods, so I've got it on the backburner right now. Can't say I've even thought about horses. :P

Midas has a Resurrection spell. Works surprisingly well and doesn't seem to bother the UFO framework at least.

Ahem, yes, who'd have thought a full speed leap from the top of the Whiterun stairs to the top of the pond stairs would kill a horse? (Using Open Cities.)

@Triaxx2 It's not that the spell I was fiddling with isn't working; I was running into some weirdness having an NPC do the spell in the middle of combat. :P I have a feeling I know what's causing it, but just haven't had a chance to fiddle yet.

Ah. I wouldn't make it an in combat thing. Like diseases it's just going to happen again. And most spells require you to talk to the companion afterwards to rehire them, so it's not something to be stopping in the middle of combat to do.

Ah. I wouldn't make it an in combat thing. Like diseases it's just going to happen again. And most spells require you to talk to the companion afterwards to rehire them, so it's not something to be stopping in the middle of combat to do.

That was a discussion I was having with jburrowes, ironically. He's also favoring post-combat, but had asked me to look into a way to see if Ceri could resurrect the PLAYER by intercepting the load call (unfortunately, it appears to be hardwired in code/functions not available in the CK). In my games, if a follower ends up dropping, the rest of us are usually in serious trouble, so having the person up and about, even if it means Ceri has to down potions to get magicka back, was a good thing. It's still something I need to playtest much more, it's not even close to being ready for prime-time yet.

Interesting. I've seen two types of spell to do it. Midas uses a straight resurrection, functioning similarly to the console command 'Resurrect 1'. The other is from a standalone mod, which uses the summoned creature slot, then brings them back as a normal NPC. The former is faster, while the latter looks cooler.

Hey,

First of all damm Cerwiden is great to have a round but i'm having issues since 1.6.

-Call Cerwiden: Call's here but then she walks away from me out into god knows where. Talking doesnt help.

-Drops armor: I had Cerwin dressed in Dragon Bone armor... A. she dropped it (hopefully in her backpack) B. like above statment i cant talk to her to check because she walks away from me doing her own thing.

But i had fun killing some assasins for her that where after her.

Do you know if the above issues are familiar or something i can fix?

Thanks!!