Unable to play the game! Runtime errors after approx. 2 minutes pl

teddynicke94

I would like to start with: I love this game. So you can imagine how much this problem pisses me off. Just recently my game started to get these runtime errors at random times while playing. It's not after a specific action, just random running through the woods can generate the crash.

This is NOT a CTD crash.

The error I get is "r6025 pure virtual function call" runtime C++ error. I've read somewhere that the error comes if the program tries to call a function who does not exist, so I'm guessing it might be a coding error by Bethesda.

Game information:

Patch 1.6, Dawnguard installed right after Skyrim was installed.

Console commands:

set timescale to 3

Mods:

A Quality World Map - With Roads (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4929)

Belua Sanguinare Revisited - Dynamic Vampires (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17077)

Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel - Weather - Lightning (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17802)

Note: The game was working perfectly till just recently and I have not altered the game except when it was installed. So the problem just started occuring for no logical reason. I have been running these mods since I installed the game too, and I have over 40 hours of crash free gameplay.

DxDiag information:

(Tagged DxDiag.txt file)

Running the 296.10 drivers because the newest ones does not work with my system somehow.

Help really appreciated, I want to play!

I was getting that as well. All I did was make sure all my drivers were up to date. It seemed my AMD driver was not updated and after updating it so far not had any runtime error. Have you checked also to see if your Microsoft Visual C++ is up to date. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't get any more but since it only happened since I installed Dawnguard I'm not getting too confident.

I'm getting the same message and it's very frustrating. it doesn't CTD but the game screen halts and I get the windows error sound. The only way out is to ctrl+alt+del and end task. This happens on the average of 6-7 times a night, maybe more depending how long I can put up with it, and it's almost getting to the point where I don't want to play anymore. I've searched here, the steam forums, and goggled the error. I have found many fixes to try, and i've tried them all, from disabling mods, starting a new game, to reinstalling back to vanilla. Nothing on any of those threads have I seen a resolution. It mainly occurs more frequently in caves and dungeons. I've recently within the last month bought a new video card (MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX ) and besides this error the game runs excellent. I have other games that I play as well and have no problem with any of them. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I love the game and, just want to be able play without the frustration of restarting the game multiple times a night.

@thedoctor38 Too bad I'm not running AMD anymore (worthless Nvidia junk :P), but I did update to the latest drivers and I haven't crashed for like 5 minutes now. Haven't had the time to play properly though. Atleast you can play now! :)

@Reavon I feel your pain man, it's exactly how it is for me too. Have you tried updating to the latest drivers for Nvidia?

Bethesda seriously need to fix this, it's making the game totally unplayable.

To OP: The latest version of Skyrim is 1.7.7.0.6 So perhaps letting Steam get you updated to that might help you out.

Well the update didn't work for me. Played for about an hour outside all was fine, but not two mins in the temple of the divines and it happened again. :(

I looked up your error and found somethings you could try:

Update your Microsoft framework,

Uninstall/Reinstall skyrim,

Uninstall/Reinstal steam,

Also it could be copyright protection

ChewyBumFluff the video author Comments as how he fixed it "I fixed it! it wasnt anything to do with the drivers or windows or anything, it was to do with the copyright protection stuff because my computer was brand new and other people seemed to have the same problem as me when they had a, dell,geforce graphics card and dual core, so ive made another vid of how i fixed it and stuff for other people if they have this problem."

Last thing is could be spyware or malware Fix Run Time Error (youtube video)

I don't know if any of these would work for you. :unsure:

Copied from another topic:

a few other things I did Seems to be working for me now.

Scanned for all virus/spyware/malware (I used malwarebytes, ccleaner, Kaspersky. Yes, all three)

Verified the exe was running in Administrator mode (mine wasn't)

selected "windows 7" in compatability mode. (prob didn't need to, but couldn't hurt)

Replaced the exe to use the 1.6 version.

I played last night without one crash. :dance: :biggrin: