Unable to play the game! Runtime errors after approx. 2 minutes pl

teddynicke94

Now I'm starting to get a mix of normal CTD's and pure virtual function calls. :/ Is it worth the effort to reinstall Windows, and would it fix the problem you think?

Not sure. Still think its more Bethesda's and DG fault rather than Windows prob.

Okay, now I'm starting to get pissed at them. Reinstalled Windows and upgraded to 64 bit due to RAM limitations in x32. Guess what? It still crashes frequently on me even though I have all the C++ patches and updates. Seeing as Bethesda can't get their game to work properly, I guess I have no other choice but to leave Skyrim until a official fix has been released..

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@thedoctor38 Too bad I'm not running AMD anymore (worthless Nvidia junk :P), but I did update to the latest drivers and I haven't crashed for like 5 minutes now. Haven't had the time to play properly though. Atleast you can play now! :)

@Reavon I feel your pain man, it's exactly how it is for me too. Have you tried updating to the latest drivers for Nvidia?

Bethesda seriously need to fix this, it's making the game totally unplayable.

for me it all started last week. Just after NVidea came with a driver update... Should I install an older video driver you think..? Don't think I have the previous driver anymore... and I doubt that you can download an old driver from the nvidea site, But I'll look into it

I changed videosettings to default, but then it looked as if I was playng Morrowind or something... :-) Then I changed it to 16:9 (It was on widescreen 16:10) And I've played for over two hours now without getting the error, so I think it might be the solution.

thanks.

-- Well, that was yesterday, but today I got the error again after just playing for 5 minutes... Just before that it also crashed once without any errors just closed the whole damned game and I was back at my desktop. --

Just downgraded my NVIDIA driver from 310.90 back to 310.70 I think that is what I had before. I made it a clean installation. Let's see if this works...

Well, I think I played a full minute before I got the error again... Looks like this isn't the problem

-- Finaly got a reply on my service call from steam support. They suggested a lot of things, but they all didn't work. How can it be that you can play this game for 130 hours and then suddenly it breaks like this... Is it a bug in Skyrim? a misconfiguration, a Windows Update, or a driver problem?

Only thing that changed before this error came along with me was that NVidea gave me a driver update I guess, but downgrading and cleaninstalling the videodrivers didn't help either.

Updated all steam files as suggested by steam, revalidating the gamecache etc.. Hell I even uninstalled Skyrim and downloaded the full game from scratch. Nothing seems to help

A virtual function call, seems to me like a programming error. Like the programmer calls a method on a virtual static class or so... But ofcourse it could also be that the programmer calls a function to a class that used to be method on a normal class that has been made virtual in an update in the c++ .dll or so...

Edited by macdoggie

• 4 weeks later...

People, the problem lies only with the Dawnguard DLC, if you don't believe me, you can open the skyrim Launcher, go to Data Files and untick the Dawnguard DLC. Make sure the save files you will load are Vanilla ones and not Dawnguard ones (still I'm not sure, even the Dawnguard save files could work). You can play as much as you want and you won't get any random CTD (just crashes to desktop without any warning) or Visual C++ Runtime Library R6025 Error.

I've found a person describing the problem EXACTLY as it happened with me, take a look (link of his post http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/864951657875734667/?l=spanish ) :

"Hello,
after 34 hours of trouble-free gameplay my Skyrim keeps crashing frequently. I have bought and installed the Dawnguard DLC and I was playing all the time with this DLC enabled without any problems until now. I do not have any other mods except this Dawnguard DLC. Yesterday I have decided to do the DG questline and at the Soul Cairn part the problems started to appear.

The first crash happened right after Valerica gave me the quest to kill three Keepers. Second one right after turning in this quest and another one after defeating the Durnehviir. From this time the game crashed every minute. I managed to leave the Soul Cairn thinking there was something that caused these crashes but I was wrong. The latest crash was at Winterhold College with 15 minutes since the previous crash.

Error message says something about C++ R6025 - Pure virtual function call related to the game itself (judging from the path the message shows)

I've been searching on the internet for some solutions but without any success. I have reinstalled my GPU drivers and C++ redist library though both were already at their latest versions.

Redownloading the game helped just for a few hours, I have experienced the crash again.

My specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ @ 2.0GHz
4GB Ram
GeForce GTS250 512MB
Windows 7 64bit
Direct X 11

I can run the game smoothly at medium/high setting so I guess my specs are okay for this game."

• 3 months later...

I also have the exact same problem. Problem began in Soul Cairn. Nice to see other people have it after days of searching and doing all other fixes out there to with no success.

I tried a save from Dawnguard without loading DG- it wouldnt work.... Then I loaded DG tried an earlier save before DG ran around for half an hour, it was fine, and then I tried a save after Soul Cairn during the DG but not doing anything that had to do with the DG quest. I fasttraveled, killed a couple of dragons and threw thing around. As I have the dragon born Quest I also traveled to Solstheim and ran around for like 20 min. Usually my freeze comes after 5-10 min. Nothing happened. Problem is definitely something with DG but can it be that it wont crash if not doing anything in DG-related areas? As Im rather deep in the DG maybe I will try to finish it and I when Im thru the problem will stop. Hopefully :P

Ok sad news. Back to square one again. Didn’t work after DG. Even without DG loaded the problem persists, no hard freeze, CTB and normal freeze. Things Ive done before: Re-installed. Deleted .ini files. Updated c++. Updated graphics drivers. Went though all Skyrim stability project guide here - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32363//? Not the mods part though cuz dont use mods. So think I will give in, seems the bug will win now.