Merged HGEC body parts.

Thorham

Hi,

I've been trying to use NIFSkope with some tutorials, but have failed to merge the four parts of the HGEC body. Are there any such merged bodies with all four parts removable as required? Or is it still easy enough to merge them with NIFSkope?

Any help is appreciated :thumbsup:

Look,

Okay, sorry about that ;)

What I want is to merge the four parts of the HGEC body replacer together in any combination I need, preferably using NIFSkope. So, for example, to get one complete body, except the head, I would want to merge the files femaleupperbody.nif, femalelowerbody.nif, femalehand.nif and femalefoot.nif into a single .nif file.

Because I need a full body without a head, the above example is actually just what I need. If I can do that, I can get other combinations by just leaving the parts out that I don't need.

As long as you copy and paste the Armature nodes as well first, there's no reason why this shouldn't work. If you try to copy the chest NiTriStrips/Shape into the lowerbody NIF, it will be missing the bone nodes it was rigged to and error out. Copy the required bone nodes first and everything will work.

A different solution would be to use a complete armature skeleton of bone nodes as a start and then copy each of the body NiTriShapes/Strips into this file. But you still need to compile one first or find a file where's already one inside.

A very primitive, yet functioning, approach would be to just copy&paste the NiTriShapes/Strips again and again, and every time it pops up with another bone node missing just copy this one over as well until there's no error anymore. But keep in mind it will need all bone nodes there are in the NIFs anyways, so just copying them all into one file first is likely the most simple way to go.

As long as you copy and paste the Armature nodes as well first, there's no reason why this shouldn't work. If you try to copy the chest NiTriStrips/Shape into the lowerbody NIF, it will be missing the bone nodes it was rigged to and error out. Copy the required bone nodes first and everything will work.

A different solution would be to use a complete armature skeleton of bone nodes as a start and then copy each of the body NiTriShapes/Strips into this file. But you still need to compile one first or find a file where's already one inside.

A very primitive, yet functioning, approach would be to just copy&paste the NiTriShapes/Strips again and again, and every time it pops up with another bone node missing just copy this one over as well until there's no error anymore. But keep in mind it will need all bone nodes there are in the NIFs anyways, so just copying them all into one file first is likely the most simple way to go.

Yeah, I've been getting errors alright. Namely this kind: failed to map parent link NiNode|Bip01 L UpperArmTwist when copying femaleupperbody to femalelowerbody. I'll see what I can do based on your advice. Thanks :thumbsup:

I can do that for you. What size bust and hips do you need?

I use Fighter Cup D, but the lowerbody isn't standard: I use the EVE HGEC Body Selector and Stock Equipment Replacer version of the lower body, which I've put in an attachment in case you don't have it:

Edited by Thorham

Thanks, your efforts are greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

When I loaded your new .nif into NIFSkope to check it out, I found that only the hands were separate, and I thought 'oh no, I've wasted someones time', and I wasn't too happy about that. Then I tried deleting the hands and body, and pasted body parts into your .nif, and lo and behold, it worked (including in the game)! So although I can't use your .nif for everything I need directly, I finally have a good basis which I can use to copy and paste things into as I see fit (it appears you've supplied me with that which DrakeTheDragon was talking about), and for that I thank you :)

No more searching for suitable models from which I can remove and add things and ending up with 2+ megabyte files filled with loads of clutter I don't need. You've made me a happy man :)

Now off to the scripts.

Edited by Thorham