Castle Volkihar problem

Betze

Hi there, I have a big problem during the bloodline quest, you take Sarena home, and she tells the watchguard to open the gate, and then enter the castle. I have a problem where the gate opens but I can't enter the castle. I try and hit "activate" to enter but nothing happens. I've tried the usual including - waited, reverted to old save, started the quest again, downloaded the dlc again. but that doesn't fix anything! Does anybody else have this problem or does anybody know how to fix it ?

I think it's a Dawnguard thing. There is already a known issue that the Dawnguard does not always recognise key presses in respect of the Vampire Lord Tutorial, so I just wonder if Bethesda have done an especially lousy port from the console version and just not configured the wretched thing to work properly with PC, period.

They did tell me in response to my support ticket that they are working on the Vamp Lord Tutorial thing and maybe it will address the whole issue of keypresses not being recognised. Bad news is that I think you may have to wait until the patch...