Who is Weynon?

theseducer235

'Weynon' Stones landmark (+Blackreach pillar/star below) and 'Weynon' Priory (Oblivion) is suspected (theory) to be part of somekind of

unsolved easter egg or red herring or puzzle or conspiracy or possible DLC or Thalmor plot or end-of-the-world mystery -

- like the runes on the top lid/underside of the bug jars

(Elder Futhark runic language? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elder_Furthark),

more clues please Bethesda lol.

http://i40.tinypic.com/b5fo00.jpg

possible translation:

The runes on the bee one translate to GIANT/THOR-HAIL-NEED

The runes on the butterfly one translate to JOY-ICE-SORROW

The runes on the dragonfly one translate to NEED-HORSE-LAKE.

The runes on the moth one translate to DAY-NEED.

The runes on the torchbug one translate to YEW TREE-HORSE-HAIL-NEED.

scratch effect alpha channel looks like: DKT PIG MT ZW VWT

(Weydon-Priors: Thomas Hardy's The Mayor of Casterbridge?).

My vote is for:

[ ] Easter Egg

[ ] Red Herring

[ ] Puzzle

[ ] Conspiracy

[ ] Possible DLC

[ ] Thalmor Plot

[ ] End o' World Mystery

[x] Other: Incredibly lame inside joke at Bethesda

It's a Thalmor plot, envolving the end of the mankind and... The Bug Jar Conspiracy! Look here for more information: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114910-Skyrim-Fans-Uncover-Insectoid-Conspiracy

I'm telling you, it's the end of the world!

Edit:This is my vote:

[ ] Easter Egg

[ ] Red Herring

[ ] Puzzle

[ ] Conspiracy

[ ] Possible DLC

[x] Thalmor Plot

[ ] End o' World Mystery

[ ] Other: Incredibly lame inside joke at Bethesda

Edited by Dovahkiin069

this is my vote

[ ] Easter Egg

[ ] Red Herring

[ ] Puzzle

[ ] Conspiracy

[x] Possible DLC

[ ] Thalmor Plot

[ ] End o' World Mystery

[ ] Other: Incredibly lame inside joke at Bethesda

I think that 'Moth in a Jar' related to Dawnguard (Dawnguard have Moth Priest)

Day-Need, related to Dawnguard too (main quest, Auriel's Bow, Sunhallowed and Bloodcursed Arrows)

Edited by Guest

Weynon was a first era philosopher and scholar who traveled the world for the Allesian Empire, categorising places of power which had been sacred, respected or feared by the former Elven masters of Tamriel, including the Skyforge, the Adamantium Tower etc. When the Allessian Empire collapsed, and later when the Allessian Order was outlawed and destroyed, Weynon's decendants and acolytes became guardians of knowlege, and may have had something to do with the founding of the Moth Preists towards the end of the first Era. Eventually the order its self died out due to a combined lack of practical need, and the fact that between the Moth Priests, Blades and Mages Guild others were doing the same job, but the name 'Weynon' persisted to be attached to some of their holdings (such as the Priory, which came under the ownership of the Blades early in the 3rd Era) and sites which Weynon himself, or members of the later order, studied.

Nah, i just made that up on the spot.

The translations on the jars indicate some interesting possibilities, however.

Bee - Giants? Possibly a need for an alliance with them? We know the Giants are intelegent, as they introduced the Nords to the Dwemer (whom they called Dwarves, though they call everyone Dwarves).

Butterfly - Some kind of terrible winter, like the one which may have destroyed Atmora?

Dragonfly - No clue

Moth - Dawnguard, clearly

Torchbug - There is that mysterious 'Sleeping Tree' in the Tundra, which could be a remnant of the trees which controled Umbriel during the early 4th Era. If it is, then it's linked to some other plain of reality, and could cause all sorts of shenanigans.

I'm not sure where that would have come from, because Talos's Apothesis (despite being worshiped long before that) happened during the Warp in the West, when his being fused with that of Ysmir(Whulfhearth) and Zurin Arcturis. Or it happened when he acheived CHIM... Or because he was a great ruler...

Whatever the case, none of said events occured in Skyrim, but rather Highrock and Cyrodiil.