Perk tree CTD

Onar23

Every time I try to open the vampire lord/werewolf perk tree, the game crashes to desktop. it doesn't hang, it doesn't freeze, no error message. it just crashes. I tried starting a fresh game, and seeing if that would help, but to no avail. I haven't seen anyone else mention this issue, so maybe I'm the only one.

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I try to open the vampire lord/werewolf perk tree, the game crashes to desktop. it doesn't hang, it doesn't freeze, no error message. it just crashes. I tried starting a fresh game, and seeing if that would help, but to no avail. I haven't seen anyone else mention this issue, so maybe I'm the only one.

I have the exactly same problem... I think it's a Dawnguard bug. Can't be anything else. Whenever I open werewolf perk tree, game turns off and I am on desktop. No Idea what happens. I am going to try the Unofficial Dawnguard Patch now... maybe that'll help.

I have the exactly same problem... I think it's a Dawnguard bug. Can't be anything else. Whenever I open werewolf perk tree, game turns off and I am on desktop. No Idea what happens. I am going to try the Unofficial Dawnguard Patch now... maybe that'll help.

I actually think I may have figured it out. I think the problem was actually my load order. one of the patches was loading before dawnguard when it shouldn't have been. Or maybe it was the other way 'round. Either way, try experimenting with your load order. Dawnguard is before all esms except for Skyrim, and the bug pretty much doesn't exist anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem... You go to the perk tree.. can't even see the 4-way selector to get to the magic section.. the screen goes black, hesitates a couple of times and the game goes POW.. I tried the above suggestion to no avail.. My copy is relatively heavily modded so I am going to list everything in load order from the list in the nexus mod manager... Any suggestions are welcome and considered. Nothing else seems to crash the game, but the unofficial dawnguard patch does seem to slow the game down so I am going to deactivate it since it did not help at all. I also would be interested in suggestions for ordering this massive tree of plugins... so far, it works neigh perfectly save for the werewolf perk tree crash.

Extentions>

SKSE v0.1.5.11

Plugins> WindowedRelocator.dll v.1.3.0.0

Associated Mod> SkyUI

ScriptDragon v.1.7.7.0

Plugins> autoPotion.asi

decoratorAssistant.asi ( Seems to not be working )

FOV.asi

fullautosave.asi

GSC.asi

horsespawner.asi

shoutCombat.asi

soulstoperks.asi ( yes.. I know that one is not working * sighs * )

ENB v0.119

ENB AntiFreeze Patch v0.096

Plugins>>

skyrim.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Update.esm

JSwords.esm

Lanterns Of Skyrim - all In One - Main.esm

Apachii Hair.esm

BBLuxury Suite.esm

Hideout.esm

retreat.esm

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp ( tried with and without this one - same result )

HighRezTexturePack01.esp

HighRezTexturePack02.esp

HighRezTexturePack03.esp

Weapons and Armor Fixes.esp

Weapons and Armor Fixes - Hacks.esp

StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp

BellyachesNewDragonSpecies.esp

Colored_Dragonscale_v1.esp

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Magic Light.esp

Tytanis.esp

Cloaks - Player Only.esp

Cloaks.esp

Cloaks - No Imperial.esp

Northborn Fur Hoods.esp

hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp

MCER_Classic_Nord_Shields.esp

RegentSword.esp

WVExpansion.esp

Smithing Perks Overhaul.esp

BBLSspouse.esp

BBLuxurySuiteExt.esp

BBLuxurySuiteClassier.esp

BBLSmusic.esp

BBLSVisitors.esp

BBLSGuysApachii.esp

Breezehomeshelves02.esp

HomeSweetStronghold v1.0.0.esp

Razorshade.esp

Sevenkeys.esp

Better Dynamic Snow.esp

LongerCraftingSurations.esp

MorePP.esp

ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp

WATER.esp

SummonSheogorath.esp

HiddenVale.esp

Kevin'sRiverwoodHouse.esp

CrystalReachHideout.esp

Cliffside hideout.esp

DaedricHideout.esp

DovahkiinKeep

Vampiric_Drain_Fix.esp

Gemtastic.esp

Elven Gold Armor - CCO - BS.esp

Nirnroot Placement Fix.esp

04 MD PM DwemerMusic v.1.0.esp

03 MD PM BlackreachMusic v.1.0.esp

02 MD PM v. 4.0.esp

01 MD PM NoVanillaMusic v.4.0.esp

Stolen Souls.esp

swiftdbsithisarmor.esp

BetterDaedricWeapons.esp

aaaadaedric1.esp

Unkillable Shadowmere.esp

TytanisDawnguardElementalBolts.esp

Dawnstar Sanctuary Redone.esp

HolyArmor.esp

IvarsteadDepository.esp

Azeal's Castle.esp

ElectricDaedricArrow.esp

00EButterfliegen.esp

MountainCastleSide.esp

nevperks.esp

See Your Neighbor.esp

SkyRe_Plugin_ImmersiveHeavyLegion.esp

DA_Skyship.esp

TYVM and Namaste...

Aurih.

Edited by Aurihazuma

• 8 months later...

Vampire Lord perk tree works fine for me, but Werewolf tree causes CTD every time. I'm thinking it's a problem with my load order, because I've been able to view it and add perks no problem a few months ago...alas. Anybody figure this out yet?

• 1 month later...

Any news on this? I'm having the same problem. even restarted the whole game from scratch (reinstal, etc.) to no effect. I do not think my mods are the problem. I tried disabling methodically the mods I have to find the one that may be responsible to no avail.

Any fix, patch or at least an explanation out there?

No solution, youre doomed!

No seriously, it's something in your mods.

Disabling mods and loading your save game is not going to work (since it's perks)

Disabling your mods and starting a fresh new game will probably work, have you tried that? If that works it's in a mod that does something to that perk tree which another mod (or skyrim for that matter) doesn't like at all. This can either be an incompatible mod or an error in your load order.