telvanni, redoran, or hlaalu

curtisdooley

You can't change from one house to another, but I believe that if you kill Orvas Dren and then join Redoran or Telvani you can talk to Duke Vedam Dren and he'll apoint you Grandmaster of House Hlaalu (under te topic of "Camonna Tong" I believe).

Note:this may not work on patched versions of Morrowind as it is technically a glitch and was probably fixed with all the others.

I never kill him. Blackmail is a far more Hlaalu like approach!

Silvuru I think you are getting two things mixed up.

If you are in Great House Hlaalu you become Grandmaster as part of the great house quest. Duke Dren confirms this. It has nothing to do with the main quest. To become Hortator you speak to Crassius Curio (whether House Hlaalu or not) and have no reason to speak to the duke.

The glitch is IIRC unpatched (though I don't know about the GOTY edition). After becoming Hortator speak to Duke Dren about the Camonna Tong. His dialogue says that he makes you Grand Master of House Hlaalu. In fact he doesn't. You are entered at the second level. This means you can do all of the house Hlaalu quests and rise through the ranks even if you are already Archmaster of House Redoran or Archmagister of Telvanni.

You cannot build a stronghold but by talking to the Duke again and completing his quest he then makes you Grandmaster and the stronghold is yours and useable as such.

If you do not want to do the Hlaalu quests keep re-opening the dialogue with the Duke re Camonna Tong and it will get you to GM anyway.

You can't become head of all the houses. At most you can be head of two. It's not just the lack of dialogue options that make this impossible, but the lack of the faulty scripting.

In any case I don't really see the point in leading all of them as head (rather than just Hortator). The strongholdsd aren't worth it because they're all out in the middle of nowhere. If you want somewhere to keep your stuff there are plenty of convenient house mods, and the mage's guild network is extremely easy to travel to, and has reasonable storage across its offices.

In terms of best house I think it's Hlaalu, because they're more devious and underhanded and their quests are better. Plus their prizes are pretty good and they have more influence and power than the other houses.

Well, I would just want to be the leader of all three houses cause of the feeling of power it would give. You rule the three ruling factions of Vvardenfell. It's less for rewards and more just for that sense, and it would be better to if the game more acknowledged you for being well known. And it is just annoying going to any place that is part of a house you didn't join since everyone in that house hates you.

Archived