Rename items in skyrim

Magnus1009

Not sure if this is just not possible or what, because I'm surprised it hasn't already been done. I, for one, am pretty tired of being stuck with certain names on items... Sure, you can rename items if you find a unenchanted item then proceed to enchant it yourself, but for everything else? And if you don't like the name of the item so much anymore, gotta go remake it... Maybe I'm alone in this, IDK, but I think it could be fairly popular. Sorry if this has already been brought up, honestly I'm surprised it's not already made (maybe impossible?) but I personally think it would be a great tool to rename items at will. Edited by Magnus1009

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
It should have a code after pressing the ~ button, but I don't know what's the code. After clicking on the item, door, NPC, or other object to rename, you should be able to anter a code like; for example "rename.av player ****" or something like that. But I have know idea what the actual code is. Someone out there out to have figured out the code by now, but no one seem to know it. :(

• 1 year later...

Yeah, I'd like a mod for changing the names too, as far as I know there are two already out, but for running them there are a lot of requirements: SkyUi, Skse, Skyui s#*! 1, skyui s#*! 2, 3, this and that, and you just cant install anything without crashing your game.

It'd be nice to have the mod in one file and without thousand requirements.

BY THE WAY: does someone know how to instal the creation kit on a mac, I know there is a video, but it is not well explained and the guys there are very selfish and dont want to help .

THANK YOU EVERYBODY