Castle Volkihar door won't open

JeremeW5257

If you have this problem, the following worked perfectly for me:

1. While at the gate guard, type "getstage dlc1vq02" to verify that you are in stage "6.0"

2. Then, type "setstage dlc1vq02 8" and close the console.

3. Serana should head toward the door and try to open it (and fail)

4. Open the console and select Serana. Make sure you select her and not some of the background!

5. Type "coc dlc1vampirecastleguildhall" to teleport into the castle.

6. With Serana still selected (teleporting doesn't deselect her), type "moveto player" to move her into the castle.

7. Serana should immediately start moving through the room. If she does, check "getstage dlc1vq02" - the stage should now be "10.0" if everything worked right.

She wasn't stuck afterward, the quest continued, and I was properly banished when I refused her father's offer.

Thanks for the trick, it really helped and works perfectly so far. Hope the questline doesn't bug its freaking head out later :cool:

Edited by FadMad8

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i am SO sure they never tested their own game laughing all day long about all those surprised players outside.probably thats the goal of the game. making Beth a laughing company. have the same problem. this never ever should happen in such a game. they must have done that on purpose. i am sure about that...

• 3 months later...

I can confirm that the following worked for me (PC console commands). At least I was able to continue with the quests advancing themselves. I did not choose the vampire path and was banished.

type the following into your console:

coc DLC1VampireCastleGuildhall

You will load into the guildhall, then open your console again and type:

prid 03002b74

moveto player

The first part moves you into the guildhall, the second references Serana and moves her to you.

I am using Skyrim v1.8 (Steam patched this morning)

Remember, Serana's ID will be different based on load order of mods and DLC's. For me, she is like 06002b74. Easiest way to get the right code for prid command is type "help serana" in the console commands. That SHOULD get you the correct codes.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

I'm afraid the font on this forum may be messing with people on this - on my PC it looks like the command is "getstage/setstage dlclvq02" - but it is in fact getstage dlc1vq02" (i.e. with a"one" vq not "L"vq). Hopefully this should stop anyone getting errors if they miss read it like I did.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

1. While at the gate guard, type "getstage dlc1vq02" to verify that you are in stage "6.0"

4. Open the console and select Serana. Make sure you select her and not some of the background!

6. With Serana still selected (teleporting doesn't deselect her), type "moveto player" to move her into the castle.

7. Serana should immediately start moving through the room. If she does, check "getstage dlc1vq02" - the stage should now be "10.0" if everything worked right.

Wow, you just made my day <3

Thanks again, it worked perfectly for me!

Edited by plushyElve

She wasn't stuck afterward, the quest continued, and I was properly banished when I refused her father's offer.

First Serana was not even in her monolith crpyt and I had to spend an hour to find a trick how I can make her appear in my game, then we can't enter the damned castle... this really, really takes away all my mood from playing Dawnguard. But anyway, I just wanted to let you know (after more than 2 years later) that you're a life saver.