Castle Volkihar door won't open

JeremeW5257

Hey peeps, so I had the same problem, and I have mods installed, UFO,... So I was freaking out because none of the help here was helping.

I spoke with Serana and had her change into her heavy armor, a mod that has two other preset armor choices for Serana.

Then I brought up command console, clicked on Serana, (took a few tries to get her exact id) typed in "coc dlc1vampirecastleguildhall"

NOTE: this may not work for you and if it doesn't then it might because Dawngaurd isn't your first DLC, so you would might have to "dlc2" or "dlc3" or "dlc4", but I don't know if that's right or true. Just guessing as to why it may not work.

Then again in console, typed in "moveto player", and I wasn't expecting it work but there she was, standing next to me in her heavy armor. And so far, we are approaching her father as I type this and all is in order so far. Hope maybe this helps someone, cheers!!

• 1 month later...

Pitching in here as I encountered the issue of the bugged door. I had followed the tutorials here first (teleporting in, moving Serana and moving on) however they didn't work for me. The fix I found was instead to use quest stages.

As I wanted to become a Vampire Lord, I looked up the stages and ensured or set accordingly:

Outside Castle: 6

Inside Castle: 10

Speaking to Harkon: 20 (Do not have to set, I skipped and it works fine. It's just for that mid-long conversation)

To become Vampire Lord: 180, 190 then 200.

To stay Human or otherwise: 25 then 30. (You will then be banished and return to Isran. If the quest does not finish, stage 200 is the full end. Cannot say if it makes you join Volkihar).

By going the route of the Vampire Lord using the stages you will speak to Harkon and he will bite you. You will not be knocked out and will be given the quest to fill the Chalice. After filling the Chalice and completeing the quest is when you black out and awaken to your training. A minor swap but is fixed afterwards. I have no information for staying with Dawnguard but the pervious tutorials should help with that.

I hope this helps anyone still stuck and anyone in the future, happy travels!

Edited by xShey

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you!!! Works great. I eat t seems like the programmers throw little loops in the code for this game like it was in nightingale quests with the gate not opening workaround had to be put in and start working like it did originally now this but glad to work around this flawless thank you I've given up on my lover's lab account but still love Skyrim.

• 4 weeks later...