• Please log in to reply
2670 replies to this topic

1337s0u1

1337s0u1

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
Is this configuration compatible with new version of ENB 0.143?

MTichenor

MTichenor

Slayer of Trolls

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
@1337s0u1

It should be. I haven't had time to compare the enbseries.ini file in 0.143 with that from 0.139 yet. You could compare them and tell us if there's a new setting that's been added. :)

@metariuswine

1) There's a common misconception that the sun is "yellow". Consequently, many of the sun color settings (even those in the original game) have a faint yellow tint.

The edges of the sun sprite are translucent, meaning that the color behind them is visible through it, such as the blue sky.

Yellow + Blue = Green. This is why you have a green aura around the sun.

If you want to change that, you'll need to find all references to the sun in all the 80+ weather systems in Skyrim and change them so that the sun is white. If you're using CoT or another weather mod, you'll need to change the weathers from that too.

2) There's two kinds of Bloom: Vanilla Bloom and ENB Bloom. The Vanilla Bloom creates a halo around certain bright objects such as the mushrooms in Blackreach. The ENB Bloom takes the whole image, blurs it, and applies it as an overlay to the final image.

If you enable ENB Bloom and turn the intensity to 1.0, the screen should look like you've smeared it with Vaseline. Changes to the enbbloom.fx file only manipulate how this blurred version of bloom is created.

The setting for the Vanilla Bloom amount in the enbeffect.fx file. It should be very easy to find.

Edited by MTichenor, 24 January 2013 - 03:41 PM.

ned99

ned99

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Hey MTichenor

Love your ENB but I've getting some strange bugs moving from 0.119 to 0.139. With the new version my GPU (GTX 670) is kind of "hiccuping" every 10 seconds or so. Skyrim usually runs at around 50 fps but with 0.139 it'll freeze for about 1/2 a second every 15 seconds before continuing as usual so gameplay is extremely jerky. The capacitors on my GPU also make a slight squeal with 0.139 and not with 0.119. I've checked my VRAM usage and it's only around 1600 so it's not that. Turning off different effects makes no real difference either and I tried 0.139 with some other ENB settings and am getting the same problem.

I know that 0.139 is supposed to be faster than 0.119 but it's certainly not working as well in my case. I downgraded to 0.119 and have absolutely no problems. Just thought I'd share my experience in case anyone else is having similar issues.

diakan

diakan

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, first off let me say you have one of the best configurations in enb that i have used, its very balanced and colorfull without changing the atmosphere of skyrim , but the sky and snow are extremely bright .Could you point me in the right direction to tweak them? Im using fantasy preset with 0.119.(sorry for bad english) :)

1337s0u1

1337s0u1

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
I've been experimenting with 0.143 and everything seems to work fine. There is a changelog on the enbdev forums: http://enbseries.enb....php?f=2&t=1548

According the the changelog it looks like bug was fixed and a couple settings added.

MTichenor

MTichenor

Slayer of Trolls

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
@1337s0u1

Ah, cool.

@diakan

You'll need to activate and change the [SKY] section of the enbseries.ini file. I'm not sure how to help you with snow, except to say that I use Better Dynamic Snow, and don't have a problem with snow being too bright.

@ned99

I found that ENBSeries v0.120+ have problems with VRAM usage, not because it's reaching the VRAM limit, but because of the Shadow Maps. See the top of the main page for the relevant NOTICE and how to fix it.

BlazeDragoon

BlazeDragoon

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Man I just recently had that snow bug and was thinking it was something with my config and spent a while adjusting my settings to fix the bug and at the same time get the visual I wanted. It turned out nice because I got a better look imo, but sucks that it was just an enb bug. I'm using .139 and it's working almost flawlessly atm apart from the snow bug which I worked around.

My snow is way to bright because my direct lighting is a little higher, maybe I'll try better dynamic snow.

Southman

Southman

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
So i tried with increasing the star-intensity and curve. But that just increased the stars i already saw. So i guess it comes down to bloom as you said. Could you give a good solution for it? :) Any way to just change the bloom for the night, so the stars don't get so blurry and more sharpen? Thanks! Edit: I also tried lowering AmountNight-setting. Looks slightly better. I also set EnableBloom=true to false, but with no difference. Man this ENB is awesome, i just want the stars to be as visible as vanilla. =/

Edited by Southman, 24 January 2013 - 11:21 PM.

Th3Sa1n7

Th3Sa1n7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
MTichenor

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I love these ENB presets and documentation. I have "upgraded" to the 0.139 dll enb and have had no problems so far (though my system is fairly beefy).

Keep up the great work!

tVEC

tVEC

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
@ MTichenor

hi, thanks for your response regarding AA

I know about new ENBs no longer supporting hardware AA. I guess I'm just looking for something as good as 8xSSAA that I can use with them.

To clarify I have problems with aliased reflected light.....reflections from anything shiny or bright....when I move or look around. The ENB AA fixes edges but not the reflected light. I have a ATI 7950 and I know that patches for skyrim have change how the game uses AA since 11/11/11.

Just to clear it up for me....

Do the new ENBs support the game's built in AA?

if so....

If I am using SMAA or FXAA with ENB do I set the game's AA too?

thanks

Page loaded in: 1.277 seconds