41 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942,784 posts
Do-It-Yourself Face Sculpting

You may purchase a kit from certaindisreputable merchants that, when used, allows you to alter your character\'s appearance, similar to the face sculptor in Dawnguard.

IanAvlid

IanAvlid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Lovely argonian and most likely an awaited mod.
I'll try it when I get the chance, but it looks good from here, good work :)

Genocyde

Genocyde

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
looks like it has promise will test it out here in a few

TheClassyPython

TheClassyPython

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Uh... Showracemenu?

PrinceShroob

PrinceShroob

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
Actually, no. Patch 1.6 introduced the "ShowLimitedRaceMenu()" papyrus command, which does not allow you to change your race, sex, or name (but it also doesn't reset certain skin tone sliders). Notice that there is no "race" heading in the picture. Dawnguard adds a professional face sculptor who will allow you to change your face for 1000 gold, but vampires can't -- with good reason; unplayable races don't work correctly. This has the advantage of being portable and useable by vampires, though the price is the risk of contracting diseases from the unsanitized tools. It's also a one-time investment, since you can use it over and over while the face sculptor must be paid every time. On the downside, it looks like Dawnguard has some additional scripting to ensure good lighting when changing your face, and you won't unlock the "A New You" achievement by using this.

Edited by PrinceShroob, 08 September 2012 - 06:02 PM.

CloudDragon

CloudDragon

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts
Well, I hoped somebody would put the new DG-function to good use. But I tend to be unsatisfied with my character appearance between Level 1 and 8 the most; tweaking here - tweaking there ;) Also I play most often freeplay. I hate to be forced to play the guild-questlines.

Isn't there a way for a lady to buy a cosmeticset at a local vendor or kill someone for it ;) ? Would be great to have it available much more early in game without the whole guild- and travel-torture.

Will try it anyway :D as the one I use now removes the paint, lipstic, eyeliner etc. every time and it's quite annoying to repeat this with different lighting.

PrinceShroob

PrinceShroob

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
I really wanted to do two items -- one that only allows you to change paint, makeup, dirt, and hair (I was thinking a wash basin in player homes?), and one that allowed you to actually edit facial structure. As of yet, though, there's no way to only allow editing certain portions of the player's appearance, so that idea's sunk unless SKSE has something in the works. *** I was worried that making the kit too accessible would render Dawnguard's sculptor useless, so I consider certain guild requirements fair. My reasoning for Enthir was that the main quest has you go into the College of Winterhold; the main quest can be done by any character regardless of alignment, and so was the perfect means for a good character to get the kit (even better that Enthir's a harder sell than other merchants). You don't really have to do much -- pass Faralda's little test and then ignore Mirabelle and find Enthir. Then you can go. Now, if I can eventually do the limited kit, I'll make that available at most merchants, but for now, I'll keep it limited to shady merchants -- because no matter how sleazy people think Belethor is, I doubt he'd carry something so obviously useful for a criminal.

Edited by PrinceShroob, 08 September 2012 - 09:06 PM.

CloudDragon

CloudDragon

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts
Ok, this time I let the Dark Brotherhood live and joined to buy the kit from Babette. Works as intended. Pretty nice actually. Hope the future of SKSE will offer the wanted option; I guess a vanity for the females in the playerhomes or a little cosmetic-/barber-shop would be a fine addition to the roleplaying-part of the game. Thx. Endorsed.

Edited by CloudDragon, 09 September 2012 - 08:42 AM.

Elizinator

Elizinator

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts
im finding a rather odd bug. at least, it appears to be a bug. when i use this object, i get TWO facepaints! :O

it actually looks kinda cool. however, i doubt this is intentional. im using wacky amounts of eye/hair/facepaint mods =/

PrinceShroob

PrinceShroob

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
It's possible to give an NPC multiple warpaints; the player is the only one who's limited to one.

This would appear to be a bug with the vanilla command rather than my mod, but try this:

Use the kit and remove what warpaint you can.
Then use it again and continue to do that until you have no more warpaint.
Then use the kit a final time and pick your favorite warpaint again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.087 seconds