Parallel project started (see download section): Misc sound fixes (SMPC_sounds.esp).
The aim is to fix many sound issues in this game: too low/too loud sounds, restore some ambient sounds, give voice and fixes for creatures like Giants, dogs, etc. Please, report if you find other sounds to be fixed that may sound (or not) too high/low or missing....
Small history (just the more important features, since all fixed sounds are more than 200...):
- corrected the distance for hummings and coughs
- (mute) dog barking fixed and distant sound enabled
- distant echos of elks and wolves (I really like it! )
- more audible cow moos, also in the distance
- adjusted sound for bears, mucrabs, chaurus, foxes, spiders, horses, elks, and more...
- fixed elk footsteps. It was wrongly set.
- NPC/player footsteps adjusted to low down light armor boots...
- actors/followers' jump and fall sounds now distance based (was played as a 1st person sound always in your ears)
(will be included in SMPC 1.43+)
- banners flapping now produce an audible sound
- waterfalls much louder
- sewers in Solitued lowered
- improved sound distance and volume for many things like distant ship bells (Solitude), buzzing bees,
- some magic effects adjusted (were too loud and not distance based! )
- rolling bones distance effect
- windmills finally audible sounds in the distance
- sawmills finally audible sounds in the distance
- submerged sounds category loweredFAQ
Q: Is SMPC sounds compatible with Sounds of Skyrim and other sound-altering mods?
A: Yes and no, depending on the sounds patched they have in common and by their loading order. I suggest to use TES5Edit to troubleshoot these kind of conflicts. No risks for game stability anyway.
Edited by rolloLG, 15 June 2014 - 03:07 PM.