1343 replies to this topic

rolloLG

rolloLG

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,575 posts
In response to post #8293375.

I can't understand the question.
I don't use mod managers or downloaders.
All you have to do is putting the .esp + .bsa in data...

rolloLG

rolloLG

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,575 posts
Parallel project started (see download section): Misc sound fixes (SMPC_sounds.esp).

The aim is to fix many sound issues in this game: too low/too loud sounds, restore some ambient sounds, give voice and fixes for creatures like Giants, dogs, etc. Please, report if you find other sounds to be fixed that may sound (or not) too high/low or missing....

Small history (just the more important features, since all fixed sounds are more than 200...):

Dialog Topics:
- corrected the distance for hummings and coughs
- (mute) dog barking fixed and distant sound enabled
- distant echos of elks and wolves (I really like it! )
- more audible cow moos, also in the distance

Footsteps:
- adjusted sound for bears, mucrabs, chaurus, foxes, spiders, horses, elks, and more...
- fixed elk footsteps. It was wrongly set.
- NPC/player footsteps adjusted to low down light armor boots...
- actors/followers' jump and fall sounds now distance based (was played as a 1st person sound always in your ears) (will be included in SMPC 1.43+)

Ambient sounds:
- banners flapping now produce an audible sound
- waterfalls much louder
- sewers in Solitued lowered
- improved sound distance and volume for many things like distant ship bells (Solitude), buzzing bees,
- some magic effects adjusted (were too loud and not distance based! )
- rolling bones distance effect
- windmills finally audible sounds in the distance
- sawmills finally audible sounds in the distance
- submerged sounds category lowered

FAQ:
Q: Is SMPC sounds compatible with Sounds of Skyrim and other sound-altering mods?
A: Yes and no, depending on the sounds patched they have in common and by their loading order. I suggest to use TES5Edit to troubleshoot these kind of conflicts. No risks for game stability anyway.

Edited by rolloLG, 15 June 2014 - 03:07 PM.

gsguns

gsguns

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
In response to post #8293375. #8293382 is also a reply to the same post.

In NMM,if you already have the same mod installed and you want to install a new version of it,the NMM will ask to upgrade or to install normally.Anyone knows the difference?

nurmi90

nurmi90

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
In response to post #8293375. #8293382, #8293565 are all replies on the same post.

Upgrade will disable the old and enable the new one, its just shortcut for clicking disable and enable yourself. Install normally leave the earlier version enabled, only case you want to do this is with minor fixes or additional things, like those sound fixes.

Edited by nurmi90, 20 June 2013 - 04:09 PM.

Gweneal

Gweneal

Old Hand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
In response to post #8041927. #8044332, #8044983, #8153480, #8156526, #8282257, #8293361 are all replies on the same post.

I have been using BOSS and both Unofficial Skyrim Patch + USKP. I come across the BOSS warning in the logs as well, but I never had problems before. Hopefully BOSS will update this info in a near future, it is not fair for any modder who spends his time to develop this very useful mod and see his work misjudged by a tool that has not been updated for too long, I guess.

As long as you keep it up to date with the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, I see no reason to stop using it. Thank you.

TheCompiler

TheCompiler

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts
BOSS puts this right after Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp and before DLC unoffical patches. Is it a proper order?

Also, can you please elaborate a big the thing about Hearthfire esp going after dragonborn for avoiding a bug? Would this introduce more bugs instead of just fixing one?

TheCompiler

TheCompiler

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts
In response to post #8296285.

bte, could you make an all-in-one esp for people who use all the optionals and want to save some esp slots? ;)

brammcnasty

brammcnasty

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
This fixes the problem with people sinking into bar stools and sitting in mid-air. Endorsed my friend.

rolloLG

rolloLG

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,575 posts
In response to post #8296285. #8298765 is also a reply to the same post.

It's in the Description page the suggested loading order. Ignore BOSS assumptions. Why people assume BOSS is THE TRUTH? It's not an advanced conflict detection tool. If you really want to check mods conflicts you shouldn't use BOSS, but TES5Edit and check them all together... About the problem of broken get-up animations on bar stools, yes, I've discovered that with all DLC enabled (DG, HF, DB) the game introduces a serious random issue in some animations in the game. Moving it down solves the strange problem. This fixes also the problem with people sinking into bar stools and sitting in mid-air, as user brammcnasty reported. fosuJjj3A5A

Edited by rolloLG, 21 June 2013 - 08:32 AM.

rolloLG

rolloLG

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,575 posts
In response to post #8299206.

Exatcly. Use my suggested loading order and my USKP addon and those bugs will disappear.

Page loaded in: 1.298 seconds