22 replies to this topic

Mujuro

Mujuro

Ronin

• Premium Member
  • 1,947 posts

Posted Image
Frequently Asked Questions

Because of Nexus space constraints on the main mod description page (I just realized with v1.6 that I reached the limit), I'm moving the FAQ for Cerwiden -SMART Healer- AI Configurable Companion from the main description page to here, broken out by sections below. Links to this FAQ will be provided from Ceri's main description page.

Please feel free to post any FAQ updates you'd like added/amended, and thanks to everyone for your feedback and support for Ceri! :)

FAQ Topics
Quest and Dialogue/Banter Information
General Information
Cerwiden's Wardrobe and Hairstyles
Use with Follower Management Mods (UFO, EFF, AFT, etc.)
Installation and Troubleshooting
Cerwiden Debug Modes

Mujuro

Mujuro

Ronin

• Premium Member
  • 1,947 posts
Quest and Dialogue/Banter Information

Q: I've been traveling with Ceri for a while now and she's still saying she's not ready to talk to me when I ask about her?
Spoiler

Q: How do I know if I've earned Ceri's friendship?
Spoiler

Q: How do I toggle/change the odds of the random assassins?
Spoiler

Q: I've been asking Ceri about the assassins and other quest topics, but she cuts the conversation short?
Spoiler

Q: What is "situation aware" random banter?
Spoiler

Q: How do I change the frequency of Ceri's random banter?
Spoiler

Q: What does it mean for a follower to be introduced to Ceri as a "friend"?
Spoiler

Q: How many followers may I introduce to Ceri?
Spoiler

Q: I'm stuck at some point in Cerwiden's questline. What can I do?
Spoiler

Q: Why are Elric and Rackhir not in the vanilla follower system?
Spoiler

Q: What does the "Taunt" ability do?
Spoiler

Q: What does "Call Target Focus" do?
Spoiler

Q: I just need a healer, I really don't want to get involved in Ceri's problems.
Spoiler

Mujuro

Mujuro

Ronin

• Premium Member
  • 1,947 posts
General Information

Q: Where can I find Cerwiden?
Spoiler

Q: I see different versions in the Main Files area. What's the difference between "Essential" and "Protected" versions?
Spoiler

Q: What is Ceri's specialty that makes her different from other mage followers?
Spoiler

Q: I prefer having a challenge in Skyrim; is Ceri balanced? What are her starting stats and spells?
Spoiler

Q: I've asked Cerwiden to heal me at X% health, but she's not healing until I drop below that?
Spoiler

Q: I've asked Cerwiden to cast certain offense spells or spell types, but she's not casting them?
Spoiler

Q: If I bring Ceri into a dungeon or any other place that has a lot of traps, will she trigger them?
Spoiler

Q: Cerwiden is killing everything in sight before I can even draw my weapon?
Spoiler

Q: Can I use Cerwiden along with Myshella from Stormbringer Chronicles?
Spoiler

Q: Will you be releasing your source scripts for Cerwiden?
Spoiler

Q: What tools did you use for this mod?
Spoiler

Mujuro

Mujuro

Ronin

• Premium Member
  • 1,947 posts

Cerwiden's Wardrobe and Hairstyles

Important note for AFT users:  Versions of AFT since Ceri's v1.7 release are interfering with Ceri's wardrobe functions.  This is because AFT forces Ceri out of her normal aliases and into AFT-specific packages, and there are conflicting commands being issued.  I've contacted Dheuster about this already.

Q: How often does Cerwiden change outfits/hairstyles?

Spoiler

Q: How will Cerwiden's outfit changes affect gear I give her?
Spoiler

Q: I don't want Cerwiden changing outfits/hairstyles, can I disable this?
Spoiler

Q: What do the "This outfit is special" and "This outfit is for adventuring" options mean?
Spoiler

Mujuro

Mujuro

Ronin

• Premium Member
  • 1,947 posts
Use with Follower Management Mods (UFO, EFF, AFT, etc.)

Q: Is Cerwiden compatible with UFO, Wearable Lanterns, BDO, EFF, AFT, Convenient Horses, Wearable Lanterns and other follower-oriented mods?
Spoiler

Q: Can I use a follower management mod like UFO, EFF, etc., to manage Ceri's spells, perks, etc.?
Spoiler

Q: I use another mod that controls where followers go upon being dismissed. How will this affect Ceri's dismissal configuration?
Spoiler

Q: I've asked Ceri to take me to her next questline destination, and she won't ride the horse given to her by Convenient Horses or purchased via UFO, and summons a new horse?
Spoiler

Mujuro

Mujuro

Ronin

• Premium Member
  • 1,947 posts
Installation and Troubleshooting

Q: During training with Vilkas during the Companions "Take Up Arms" quest, he keeps complaining about me using magic and I cannot complete the quest.
Spoiler

Q: Ceri is interfering with my brawls/fist fights! What gives?
Spoiler

Q: Ceri is frozen in combat-mode?
Spoiler

Q: Ceri has delayed reactions to situations, e.g., warns of assassin attacks after they occur?
Spoiler

Q: You've said for Cerwiden version X.X that I need a "clean save" mod install; how do I do that?
Spoiler

Q: How do I access Cerwiden's "Debug Mode"?
Spoiler

Q: Something is wrong, Ceri switches outfits while she's following me actively, and armor I give her is gone?
Spoiler

Q: I'm absolutely certain I installed properly, and Ceri is nowhere to be found in Riverwood?
Spoiler

Q: I've found Ceri in Riverwood, and she speaks with me, but I don't get the "Follow me. I need your help." dialogue option.
Spoiler

Q: I'm still having trouble, Ceri is misbehaving in one way or another (e.g., not healing when she's supposed to).
Spoiler

Q: You've asked that I do a "clean save" update but I'm married to Cerwiden; won't that bork marriage?
Spoiler

Q: I've recently updated to Skyrim 1.7 and all sorts of issues abound, Cerwiden's configuration dialogue is missing, etc.?
Spoiler

Q: You asked that I provide Papyrus log excerpts relating to an issue I've reported; how do I do this?
Spoiler

Mujuro

Mujuro

Ronin

• Premium Member
  • 1,947 posts
Cerwiden Debug Modes

Q: What are "debug modes"?
Spoiler

Q: What "debug modes" are available to users?
Spoiler

playtryout

playtryout

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 29 posts

Hello, I've recently had to reload my game. Part of my reload is Cerwiden.

Now, I am new to modding, I've only been playing this game since Christmas. It was a nice present, one that just keeps giving.

I've gotten back in to play after having restarted the game.

When I first entered the inn, she was there. However, she only has head, hands, sword and feet.

I've tried offloading and reloading Dimon99's UNP, now, in the two reloads I've done, there has not been an esp file for this mod. However, if I offload and restart the game I do get the "something's missing" message.

So either this mod doesn't drop an esp or something strange is happening in my system.

She was in the same condition, I have not spoken with her yet, I didn't want to mess something up.

Anyway, I've also done the same with the Ceri mod.

I will let you know that I have done clean saves before I performed any of these moves.

After I did her offload I went back to the inn, she wasn't there. Left the inn did another clean save, exited the game, reloaded Ceri with NMM. Went back in the inn, after reloading of course,.

She's still the same, no body just the extensions.

I tried speaking to her, no response. She looks at my character, but does not respond in any other way.

When I first tried the mod, I did read up what was available. I thought I had seen something similar to what I have happening. I've been looking but have not found it. i may have missed it for all I know and am bothering you needlessly, I'll keep looking and see if I find that item. 

Mujuro

Mujuro

Ronin

• Premium Member
  • 1,947 posts

@playtryout  Please post questions and issues into Ceri's main support thread.  What it sounds like you have going on here is either a bad install (possibly bad download missing asset files) or load order.  Try redownloading and doing the install again off a baseline/minimal save.  Also, verify your load order is OK.

ereboz

ereboz

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I try to change Ceri to a custom race. but following from the instruction it wont work. I already read the comment on forum and someone got the same problem as me but he already solve it but i cant. Need advise on Loverrace girl and SG hair.

Big thx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.962 seconds