Water Walking?

RazielSilver

I recently got Dawnguard and just noticed that sometime after starting Dawnguard my character ALWAYS walks on water and will not swim EVER. I've seen YouTube vids on this, but it always occurs after

becoming a vampire of some sort and transforming.

Since I haven't even finished the first quest of Dawnguard I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to avoid it or if it may have been a mod that did it?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Active Mod Files:

00  Skyrim.esm
01  Update.esm
02  Dawnguard.esm
03  SkyMoMod.esm
04  JSwords.esm
05  Deus Mons.esm
06  moonpath.esm
07  ApachiiHair.esm
08  Realistic Lighting.esp
09  Warmer Magic Lights v2 - White - Big.esp
0A  StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
0B  BooksBooksBooks.esp
0C  dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
0D  dD-Dawnguard-MonsterMod EBT Patch.esp
0E  UnlimitedBookshelves.esp
0F  moredragonloot.esp
10  Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
11  dragonpriestmasks.esp
12  hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
13  Hvergelmir's Shield Retexture - HSR.esp
14  JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp
15  RingsOfPower.esp
16  Deus Mons_WithNPCs.esp
17  moonpath_questdata.esp
18  Proudspire Manor - Dragonborn Edition.esp
19  DovahkiinTemple.esp
1A  female mannequins.esp
1B  female mannequins in homes.esp
1C  Better Dynamic Snow.esp
1D  dD-No Screen Blood.esp
++  RichMerchants.esp
1E  UnreadBooksGlow.esp  [Version 1.5.2]
++  Skyrim Unlimited Rings And Amulets.esp
1F  Detailed Cities.esp
20  dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
21  DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
22  DeadlySpellImpacts - Two Fire.esp
23  Enchanting Freedom.esp
24  EnchantmentCleanser.esp
25  Balanced_Alteraton.esp
26  Balanced_Conjuration.esp
27  Balanced_Destruction.esp
28  Balanced_Illusion.esp
29  Balanced_Restoration.esp
++  Balanced_Magic_Novice.esp
2A  Uncapped Perks - Magic.esp
2B  Uncapped Perks - Combat + Stealth.esp
2C  FollowerWander2.esp
2D  FollowerWander2Serana.esp
2E  Spousetocustomhome.esp
2F  Extended Slider Colors.esp
30  WATER.esp
31  WATER - Get Wet.esp
32  Bashed Patch, Skyrim.esp

A messiah Dovahkiin that be great to have :tongue:

I've seen people with blood mods that had issues with dawguard have you tried disabling dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp ?

Just did. In fact just tried disabling Dawnguard as well and the problem persists. I assume that it's something permanent in the save now, but I'm going to try and deactivate all the mods to see.

Just turned off all of my mods and Dawnguard and I still walk on water. Whatever it is it is permanent once it happens. I just wish I knew what started it, so if I make a new character I can avoid it in the future...

If the scripts from that mod are still in your data folder the scripts may still activate and cause the undesired effect, so you might have to remove the esp/esm extension and scripts and textures and meshes all affiliated with that blood mod and start a new game and go to water and see if it happens again and if it does remove all mods completely from your game esp/esm extension and scripts and textures and meshes and put in one or a few at a time and start a new game play a bit or go to water and see if you still walk on it, and if the mods you left in 1 or 3 didn't cause trouble try another mod or more tell you track down the mod causing issues

If your in vampire lord mod try landing on the ground and quit hovering

Edited by sinnerman69

If the scripts from that mod are still in your data folder the scripts may still activate and cause the undesired effect, so you might have to remove the esp/esm extension and scripts and textures and meshes all affiliated with that blood mod and start a new game and go to water and see if it happens again and if it does remove all mods completely from your game esp/esm extension and scripts and textures and meshes and put in one or a few at a time and start a new game play a bit or go to water and see if you still walk on it, and if the mods you left in 1 or 3 didn't cause trouble try another mod or more tell you track down the mod causing issues

Unfortunately I've done all that, except the vampire lord part, because I haven't gotten that far. not even past the first quest. My new character does not have the same issue, but then neither did my initial character until an unknown, unspecified part in the game, and unfortunately I'm going to have to just deal with it for now, because I don't want to go through another play through without mods just to see if it ever happens again at some point and when.

Thanks for the help though.

• 3 months later...

Unfortunately I've done all that, except the vampire lord part, because I haven't gotten that far. not even past the first quest. My new character does not have the same issue, but then neither did my initial character until an unknown, unspecified part in the game, and unfortunately I'm going to have to just deal with it for now, because I don't want to go through another play through without mods just to see if it ever happens again at some point and when.

Thanks for the help though.

For those on a PC enter the console and run player.removespell 201462a. This is the enhanced abilities spell. Haven't noticed any change in the character other than now being able to swim.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...