Water Walking?

RazielSilver

I have figured out a solution! :)

I am not sure whether this mod caused it or if it is just a solution, but download Athletics Training 1.41 from here. (requires SkyUI 3.1+)

In game, go to the mod config menu, athletics training, options and DISABLE waterwalking.

Ta-da. You can now save and remove this mod if you so desire.

I had the same problem. But I somehow typed "help waterwalking" on the console. I typed "player.removespell <effectid>", but it said "Spell was not found on <player>". So I added it first by entering "player.addspell <effectid>" (just to remove it again). But I noticed my character's legs were dipped in the water.

I know it's kinna awkward. But it's the only solution for me at least. You should have Dragonborn DLC for waterwalking if you want to try this awkward fix of reverse of course.

I also found a post about this waterwalking here:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/919992-water-walking-bug-not-the-intended-kind/?p=7674935

I had the same problem. But I somehow typed "help waterwalking" on the console. I typed "player.removespell <effectid>", but it said "Spell was not found on <player>". So I added it first by entering "player.addspell <effectid>" (just to remove it again). But I noticed my character's legs were dipped in the water.

I know it's kinna awkward. But it's the only solution for me at least. You should have Dragonborn DLC for waterwalking if you want to try this awkward fix of reverse of course.

I also found a post about this waterwalking here:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/919992-water-walking-bug-not-the-intended-kind/?p=7674935

Ok, this fix I have mentioned only made the glitch worse. Four days later, I don't know when it occurred. I still had the Waterwalking spell I had added with console, when I noticed my character - walking on the water again. So I removed the Waterwalking spell, but my character was still on the water. I have a suspicion that this glitch is triggered by mods or items or spells that gives you the ability to walk on water, but the spell does not end properly.

I know in my hunch that there will be a fix for this eventually. Some sort of "cleaning" maybe?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone found a fix to this, but my character and all the NPCs where talking like a bad animated ghost on an 80s cartoon, the issue for me was the Mod that is under Animation: Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS - FNIS Behavor V3_5 Always Necessary (once I disabled it everything returned to normal)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

PEOPLE OF NIRN!!

I think I has the solution!

Browsing the description of the Colorful Magic Mod by 184Gesu unearths this console command:

player.setav waterwalking -1

I used this, and my character can swim again!

player.setav waterwalking 0

may also work, but it didn't work for me.

• 1 month later...

Hey quick update! I just had this problem and everything didn't work. But the last solution did it kinda. But you have to use FORCEav NOT SETav.

So just type: player.forceav waterwalking 0

Then it resets. It was really weird because I didn't have any active effects for waterwalking.

Just wanted you guys to know. Hopefully it will help somebody.

Tags:

skyrim console waterwalking bug permanent active spell effect actor value disable

• 1 year later...