dawnguard is hostile glitch (spoilers)

brom94

If you where in Beast form they well be hostile, but if you where in human mod and your using mods it may be a mod causing the issue

Psychic parrot time

could you please list all mods you may use so others can pin point the troublesome mod

Edited by sinnerman69

Well that's just it I had not installed any new mods for about a week. Then suddenly it just started happening out of now where. The only mod I have running currently that might be the problem is the Unofficial Dawnguard Patch Version 1.0, but I haven't had any such problems with it before though, so I'm thinking it's a game glitch. I was wondering if anyone knew workaround, or a fan created patch that might help. I have tried fast traveling, waiting, and reloading the game.

I avoid community made patches because they cause more trouble for me then what there supposed to fix, if you keep a minimal mod list and avoid certain mods you won't have troubles

I run ten mods and that's it, I used to run over 60 mods when playing Fallout 3 and NV and had tons of CTD's I most of conditioned myself to CTD's , you've got to ask yourself is that hair mod or nude skin worth it and how often well I see it and well it cause interference in the games functioning or interfere with other mods is it worth the headache?

I never run more then one clothes mod and player made home at a time to avoid problem's

# This file is used by Skyrim to keep track of your downloaded content.

# Please do not modify this file.

Dawnguard.esm

Conjuration & Summoning fixes.esp <-- this surprisingly fixed conjuration issues for me

dbmisc.esp <-----------moves annoying dark brotherhood forever quest to misc menu

BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp

GriptzionTeleportMenuSpellv3.1.esp

Dawnguard Breezehome Fix.esp <---- adds the alchemy lab to breezehome that dawnguard busted

JiubQuestMarkers.esp

Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp

hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp <----Immersive Armors

LevelersTower.esp

Edited by sinnerman69

Dawnguard glitched out the first three times I tried to play it. I could not really get it to work until my fourth attempt. On my third attempt, when I first went to Fort Dawnguard, everyone attacked me even though I was not a vampire. I couldn't even receive the quest because the quest-giver was ceaselessly attacking me. I don't know how exactly the problem got fixed. It just sort of went away on my forth attempt to play the buggy DLC.

It happened to me too and here's the fix.... :happy: ....Go back to your last load just prior to them turning hostile....from that load fast travel to another location....set your wait to 24 hours and let the wait timer complete itself....fast travel back to your previous location....and 'abracadabra' the hostility should be no more.... :biggrin: .....What it actually does is reset the NPC's in game and corrects what was glitched....Good luck brom.... :happy:

There is a known glitch where if you have any kind of bounty no matter how small in Riften's hold they will attack.

Try going to town and seeing if you can pay off your bounty to a guard. If it is extremely small and a long time since it happened the guards may not attack out right but claim to know you. Talk to them to pay it off.

Hope this helps.

ill be honest i used to run over 70 mods and if i had kept adding and not deleting any i would have a lot of mod issues. atm i have like 50 and some mods they all work well however (since i had some months without playing skyrim) wen it updated a lot of mods would crash and i was like o.o" then i updated all possible mods and i was still getting some issues so i started by removing all weapon/gears mods that i didnt actually used or had just a few uses(overpowered weapons and armors mods ended up deleted also because i didnt wanted the trouble to change those armors or weaps stats with creation kit. then ive uninstaled all mods and waited for my ordered dawnguard since i was told that patch would be worth it (and actually i loved it specially cus it adds crossbows and great quest) then i just kept instaling mods and opening and closing the game (to check any mod conflicts) and ended up deleting like more 5 mods (i think it was 1 quest mod 2 of weapons/armours 1 of clothes and another of only one armour set) now i added some new mods and i have like 50+ mods activated)