How to make Skyrim use more than 1Gb ram?

rcreaper2

I´m getting lot of game crash(not CTD), because after a wille playing, it uses more than 1 Gb of ram and game crashes. Does anybody knows how to make Skyrim use more than 1Gb?

I have this on my laptop:

Processor:Intel core i5 2410M 2.30GHz

Memory: 4Gb

Motherboard: HP 3581

Graphics Card: radeon HD 6490M

The screen freezes, and only way i got to exit is by pressing Ctrl Alt Del, and start task manager, in process, i see 1. little something Gb of ram in use by Skyrim. Wierd thing because in Prototype 2 it went to almost 3.5 Gb of ram and didn't crash.

Maybe some frostbite spyder went inside my laptop wille i was playing. lol

Thanks

Edited by rcreaper2

:facepalm:

Dude, Skyrim has been patched to use the max RAM possible without a mod. 2gb for 32bit OS, and 4gb for 64bit OS.

Even with sufficient RAM, you'll still be limited by your graphics card. And a weak processor can cause crashes as well. Just like a car, all the parts matter.

Anyways, to answer your original question... The only way to get Skyrim to use more than 1gb of RAM is to have more than 1gb of RAM in your computer.

There are no options to change. It uses the memory automatically if it is there.

didn't one of the last patches (before dawnguard) nerf large address aware for both the built in beth fix as well as those 4gb mods?