Golden aura left over after returning from sovngarde

vaal1

So i ve just completed the main quest-line returned from sovngarde to the "throat of the world", chatted with some dragons about alduin's demise & i was on my way. Then i realized my character is still glowing all the way from sovngarde like he's freaking Jesus!

It was cool at first but now its getting a bit annoying. Is this normal? i m guessing not.

Thought it might be some bug, but there s no mention of it anywhere. mod conflict ? Possible, I do have realistic lighting and a weather Enb going

Any ideas?

well since i m fending off advice with a stick :P let me rephrase my question.

Does anyone know on which questline exactly is the command to activate the glow effect on player? i confess i can hardly understand how quests work in skyrim CS but through trial i found out once the effect is enabled it cannot be turned off. same for the wisp effect or any other i tried through cmd

Well I am only answering because I feel bad for you that no one has helped. I have never run across your problem or any other threads that address it. I don't believe there is an intentional glow effect that is meant to attach itself to players permanently. I suspect that you either have a mod causing this, a graphics driver setting problem, or a corruption in your savegame.

(like I said, I don't have your answer, but I'm happy to try to figure it out with you....)

If you go into the magic section and then look at all of your active effects, is there anything at all there that suggests that you have an effect active that might cause a glow?

Have you ruled out issues with your AA or AO settings?

Have you tried a much earlier save? (If it appears in an old save where it was not before, it would suggest the problem is not with the quest but an active mod or driver setting)

I remeber something similar with the dwemer centurion steam effect (couple of funny you-tubes on that), one guy came up with the below, trouble is going to be which effect from what is stuck on you, perhaps trawling through the Creation kit could be usefull. Someone also used the the "Become Ethereal" shout. Hope one of these helps, but also Google 'Skyrim effect glitch' and trawl through these Skyrim bugs

(In the console)Type

help "ice wraith" 4

And look at the list for a spell effect called "ice wraith fx" or something like that. Note down the ID for it (the 10 digit number)

Now type:

player.removespell TheNumberYouWrote

if that fails, try:

player.dispel TheNumberYouWrote

Original post here

Also found this one (wouldn't do the add bit myself):

"

•  
  • Figure out what kind of enemy FX you've got spewing out of you. For the sake of argument, I'm going with the Spriggan here.
  • Open the console. Type, (leaving out the < >) . This will bring up a list of all the miscellaneous variables associated with the Spriggan. For a creature with a multi-word name, you'll need to use quotes (e.g. ).
  • Using Page Up and Page Down on your keyboard, navigate up this list until you find the variables staring with SPEL: . The ones that cause the glitch seem to be called either abilities or FX. So in this example, we see there's one saying "SPEL: (0009AA38) 'Spriggan Abilities' ".
  • We're going to add this ability to our character, and then remove it. (The adding may not actually be necessary, but I'm including it just in case). In the console, type . A message will pop up on screen saying something like "Spriggan Abilities added". If you look in your active effects in the magic menu at this point, you'll see a spell of that name.
  • Now to remove the effect. In the console, type . Again, a message will appear on screen confirming this if it's worked.
  • Exit the console and check your character. If you got the correct enemy FX, you should have successfully fixed the glitch. If it hasn't worked, you've probably got the wrong one; try a different one. For example, if the Dwarven centurion code doesn't work, try the one for the Dwarven spider. Also, some creatures have multiple visual FX; if you've got one of these, add and remove them one by one until you get the right one.

"

Original post link

And some people went for a sex change:

"Open console and type "sixchance", it will turn your char to the opposite six, then do it again to revert your char to original, the thing that was attached to your character will be gone."

Edited by Mercbird

Georgiegril: First of thanks for the reply. I can confirm however the effect does exist. its under magic/spells/abilities and its called "AbFXSovengardeGlow" or "Glow art for heavenly people" though i haven't found where in the code its is enabled on the player (by playing the game i recon its when u enter the hall of heroes or whatever its called)

Mercbird: You are correct a lot of people have those steam/smoke or wisp mother effects stuck on them. Now I tried disabling them through cmd like you mentioned but no such effect appears to be active (i.e. its been disabled but the effect is stuck). In fact i tried enabling some other effects with player.addspell ... then disabling and they all got stuck.

At the moment i am unsure if there is any solution to this bug. I even by started a new game (with no mods) and after activating the glow effect I would be stuck with it forever. All i could do was to use the creation kit to delete the effect used for the glow (called SovengardeEffect from inside AbFXSovengardeGlow) and replay the final mission. This way it never got enabled

AbFXSovengardeGlow 0010B2DE (http://fusromod.com/formids.php?idpage=spell_item) Hope it helps.... really.... cause... yep, I am glowing too!

Update: No it did not work. I am usually a pretty easy going person and I have struggled through all the bugs, glitches, mods and patches. Finding the fix for a broken "whatever" has taken up more time then the actual game. This, unfortunately, is a real game breaker for me. From what I can gather, I either have to GLOW (that really boosts the reality and immersion...NOT) or I can just NOT complete the ... "Main Quest". Great one. Wondering why I bother at all. I will not be buying Dawnguard or Hearthfire not with an unplayable game.

Last Update (promise): Creation Kit did fix the problem...after several failed tries. Thank goodness I backed up my Skyrim.esm. For those of you who (like me) are not at the top of the learning curve for modding and Creation Kit use... let me clarify vall1's solution: First and foremost make a BACK UP COPY of your Skyrim.esm and put it in a safe location. After opening Creation Kit mark Skyrim.esm as the "Active File". Look for the file AbFXSovengardeGlow and open this one for editing. When the edit screen opens, look to your right hand side and you will see a grid listing "SovengardeEffect". Completely delete this line from the grid and save your modded file. (Do not simply delete the file SovengardeEffect file itself from the Skyrim.esm as this had unfavorable results.) Make sure the mod is activated in NMM or whatever you use. Yes, you will have to start over at a point before you enter Sovngarde but admit it getting a chance to kill Alduin again....cool.

Edited by jaderoyale

• 2 weeks later...

AbFXSovengardeGlow 0010B2DE (http://fusromod.com/formids.php?idpage=spell_item) Hope it helps.... really.... cause... yep, I am glowing too!

Update: No it did not work. I am usually a pretty easy going person and I have struggled through all the bugs, glitches, mods and patches. Finding the fix for a broken "whatever" has taken up more time then the actual game. This, unfortunately, is a real game breaker for me. From what I can gather, I either have to GLOW (that really boosts the reality and immersion...NOT) or I can just NOT complete the ... "Main Quest". Great one. Wondering why I bother at all. I will not be buying Dawnguard or Hearthfire not with an unplayable game.

Last Update (promise): Creation Kit did fix the problem...after several failed tries. Thank goodness I backed up my Skyrim.esm. For those of you who (like me) are not at the top of the learning curve for modding and Creation Kit use... let me clarify vall1's solution: First and foremost make a BACK UP COPY of your Skyrim.esm and put it in a safe location. After opening Creation Kit mark Skyrim.esm as the "Active File". Look for the file AbFXSovengardeGlow and open this one for editing. When the edit screen opens, look to your right hand side and you will see a grid listing "SovengardeEffect". Completely delete this line from the grid and save your modded file. (Do not simply delete the file SovengardeEffect file itself from the Skyrim.esm as this had unfavorable results.) Make sure the mod is activated in NMM or whatever you use. Yes, you will have to start over at a point before you enter Sovngarde but admit it getting a chance to kill Alduin again....cool.

Hi

Is there a way to fix this glitch without tempering with the skyrim.esm because i am not good at editing in the creation kit application and i am long gone that main quest that messed with my caracter to glow? I'm looking for a bugfix or something like that. It's driving me nuts.

And if i use the sexchange command in the console twice, the headtracking mod will not work properly. My character is glowing like a golden torch. Please, help me !

• 4 weeks later...
At least im not alone with this bug, I have tried the removespell command, and tried also adding when I saw they couldnt find it anywhere, I resulted in 17 stacks of sovngarde glowing effects, my character is glowing so damn much my game lags and I look like a super saiyan, help is needed, at once.

Easily fixt, you just find the code for the spell effect, type player.addspell Code

and then exit console, reenter and type player.removespell code

and its gone