Robot realism

Aurum10000

Can someone create a mod that requires the repair rather than the medic skill to fix robot companions?the player save on Stimpaks.

Does the medicine skill come into play when you administer a stimpack through the companion wheel? Since that's the only way you can heal companions in teh vanilla game the skill (medicine vs repair) might be a none issue. I'll try to look into it.

For non vanilla companions it's probably best to ask their authors to alter them. I'd have to have their permission to do so.

Or at least replace healing them with Scrap Metal/Electronics instead of Stimpaks? It would add much needed realism in this regard and help

I think I can whip you up a robotic repair kit for ED-E, with a simple recipe. Maybe scrap metal, scrap electronics, wrench, super glue ie similar to a weapon repair kit. I don't know for sure, but I would think it could be used in place of a stimpack for Ed-E, I'll check some of the companion wheel tutorials and see how it's implemented.

Can someone create a mod that requires the repair rather than the medic skill to fix robot companions?the player save on Stimpaks.

Does the medicine skill come into play when you administer a stimpack through the companion wheel? Since that's the only way you can heal companions in teh vanilla game the skill (medicine vs repair) might be a none issue. I'll try to look into it.

For non vanilla companions it's probably best to ask their authors to alter them. I'd have to have their permission to do so.

Or at least replace healing them with Scrap Metal/Electronics instead of Stimpaks? It would add much needed realism in this regard and help

I think I can whip you up a robotic repair kit for ED-E, with a simple recipe. Maybe scrap metal, scrap electronics, wrench, super glue ie similar to a weapon repair kit. I don't know for sure, but I would think it could be used in place of a stimpack for Ed-E, I'll check some of the companion wheel tutorials and see how it's implemented.

I would most appreciate it. There is a mod that allows you to heal other NPCs aside from companions. It would be awesome if you could get permission to alter that to be compatible with your repair kits. But you don't have to go through the trouble if you don't wanna. Anyway if you decide to really go through with this and finish. Could you message me when its done? Lastly: I guess skills don't come into play when using Stimpaks. My bad.

Edited by JerryHusky

OK so I looked throught eh follower script and it's not in there, even checked game settings and global variables. Couldn't find it. I think the stimpacks healing on the wheel are hard coded. So ther's nothing we can do about that. We can't even disable it on ED-E.

I can add a dialog to the wheel's talk option that would allow you to heal him with a repair kit though, if you want.

Re: healing a npc I did a mod like that a while back. It's here.

OK so I looked throught eh follower script and it's not in there, even checked game settings and global variables. Couldn't find it. I think the stimpacks healing on the wheel are hard coded. So ther's nothing we can do about that. We can't even disable it on ED-E.

I can add a dialog to the wheel's talk option that would allow you to heal him with a repair kit though, if you want.

Re: healing a npc I did a mod like that a while back. It's here.

Yeah, that works too.