SKSE can't find TESV.exe

kraven99

I am having trouble as well. I cannot launch SKSE because it cannot find TESV.exe. , So I went to my folder options did what I needed, I honestly don't quite remember because I was following directions at the exact time. Anyways, It did change from TESV to TESV.exe, still it will not launch because it asks specifically for TESV.exe. , Does anyone understand this? Can anyone help me?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have mentioned in the first post that i tried that too. I just went back in and double checked everything and i found where i messed up.

where did you mess up.

I had this problem. What I found I'd done wrong was I was pointing the shortcut at the skse loader in the unzipped folder. Since that's about as clear as mud do this:

right click your desktop shortcut

choose properties

in "target" make sure the correct file path is there, for me it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\skse_loader.exe" (include the ")

hope this helps

what do you mean by (include the")

I should have mentioned in the first post that i tried that too. I just went back in and double checked everything and i found where i messed up.

where did you mess up.

I had this problem. What I found I'd done wrong was I was pointing the shortcut at the skse loader in the unzipped folder. Since that's about as clear as mud do this:

right click your desktop shortcut

choose properties

in "target" make sure the correct file path is there, for me it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\skse_loader.exe" (include the ")

hope this helps

Thank you so much! I spent hours trying to get this to work, you're the best.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Same problem if I launch from the skse_loader desktop shortcut. I didn't find a target tab when I went under properties. Am I being nubish and target means something else? If I launch the skse_loader from the Skyrim data folder, there's no problem. Any suggestions?

Same problem if I launch from the skse_loader desktop shortcut. I didn't find a target tab when I went under properties. Am I being nubish and target means something else? If I launch the skse_loader from the Skyrim data folder, there's no problem. Any suggestions?

Are you sure you have a shortcut to the skse_loader on your desktop and not just a copy of the program?

• 1 year later...

Hi

Everyone is talking about TESV and TESV.exe. It does not exist in my game !! I only have SkyrimSE.exe and SkyrimSELauncher.exe so everytime i launch SKSE , i always get the ''cannot find TESV'' message !?!

Anyone else in the same situation ??

SKSE only works for the original Skyrim. If you have Skyrim Special Edition you'll have to wait for SKSE64 to be released.

• 7 months later...

I'm running SkyrimSE On my system. TESV.exe has never been in my folder, instead it is SkyrimSE.exe Whenever I attempt to load SKSE Is get "COULDN'T FIND TESV.EXE"....Well duh, that's because it's not there. What is going on here? All the info I find seems to be for people who have not linked to the correct EXE.... Mines not even there! It's got a new name! Someone clever help please!