Immersion Mods - Combat, Magic, AI, Wildlife

BlackCompany

Ok, back after several months away from Skyrim. And looking for mods. I am hoping the community can help, as obviously, there are tons of them to wade through. What I am looking for:

AI and Wildlife:

-Better AI all around. But especially on creatures.

-More variety in widlife

-More variety in enemies (if compatible with the above)

Combat:

-In a word, physics: Hits should should stagger and have more of a weighty feel

-Weapon types should matter; daggers against steel armor should be folly.

Magic:

-Subtle but powerful. No more MMO style fireballs and lightning bolts. More Tolkien, less WoW

Hunger/Sleep:

-Something simple. A needs mod that is not a spreadsheet.

I am more than willing to compromise. Better wildlife behavior is more important than more creature types. Better enemy AI on existing enemies is more important than more enemies. And as far as loot goes, I would like rare loot to be rare. No Ebony at vendors. No more bandits with magical loot. This I can do on my own, but if anyone knows of a mod that does it already, that would be welcome.

Other than these types of things, mods which offer new reasons to explore or new, unique items to find - especially if they are useful items while not being weapons and armor - would be a welcome surprise.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by BlackCompany

Theoretically, Real Wilflife and SkyTEST are more or less compatible ('more or less' because they edit some of the same death-lists, I think). I decided to use them both myself (obviously with SkyTEST loaded last so that the AI would affect the RW animals), on the theory that I will have many many more animals than vanilla Skyrim gives me ^^ I haven't actually seen if that works yet.

Also, Duke Patrick's looks awesome. @-@

If you want to stop rare loot in merchants, Economics of Skyrim manually edits all of the vendor lists and makes everything regional and stop scaling to your level. Skyrim Scaling Stopper stops all leveled lists from leveling, which includes loot, but which also includes enemies, so I'm not sure if that's up your ally or not. (Most enemies would end up being around level 15-20 for the whole game, with a rare chance of higher level and a moderate chance of lower level). And finally if you want better AI on your non-animal enemies and allies, ASIS causes people to use their potions and all the spells they should be able to, and all around be better. The load order on those is kind of tricky, though... Theoretically, I think, put them all at the very end, even after the BashedPatch, with SSS first, then Economics (to get the merchant list edits), and then ASIS, with only Automatic Variants coming after them if you're using it.

(I have to admit I'm not 100% on that load order, but it seems rational.)

Also, if you want visual variation on creatures, Automatic Variants. I played with it for about five minutes and after I turned it off to fiddle with my mod list and saw all the horkers looking like giant grey blubber mounds again I was thrown for a loop.

Edited by AnkhAscendant