Convert character and follower to NPC
Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:44 AM
I've used the NPC Editor tool to create a custom Jenessa as my current follower but this is a modification to the stock character. In the new game it will obviously need to be a new character albeit with the same name.
Whats the best way to create new stand-alone NPC characters and is there a quick and simple way to convert a player character to NPC? And for 'wandering around', presumably I do this in the creation kit?
Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:55 PM
Of course, you'll still need to add factions, voicetype, AI packages, and all that good stuff if you want to make him/her into a follower. There are plenty of great guides for that, both here on the Nexus and online, so I'm not going to go into it here. Hopefully I've answered your main question.
Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:41 PM
Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:45 AM
This works great, but it seems like I can achieve proportions in game that don't translate to Creation Kit, even when doing a direct import. Here's what happened:
- With my normal mods loaded, I fired up an early save (Level 1).
- I opened the character creation window and modified my character. The resulting face was quite beautiful.
- I exited the console and saved.
- I re-opened the console and exported the character with the spf command.
- I saved and exited the game.
- I loaded CK with Skyrim and Update ESMs active.
- I created a new actor.
- I imported my template character.
- I previewed the result in the render window. Meh.
- I added my Apachii hairs to the list of active ESMs.
- I switched my new creation to the Apachii hair I'd designated in game.
- I dragged her to Breezehome. (Still not looking too good.)
- I saved, exported face gen data, and saved again.
- I enabled the mod and re-started Skyrim.
- I loaded a later save (one with a character that actually owned Breezehome).
- The woman inside was a pale imitation of the one I'd made. Most noticeable was that the mouth was way too wide.
Are there just geometric limits to what CK will save versus what the game will save?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users