Sword Art Online SAO Requests

IsaacScarlet

I fixed my computer problems...I had a failing 500gb hard drive so I replaced it with the spare 750gb drive I had siting on my desk...I was planning to install that for extra storage. I should be able to start working on this sword again sometime in the next week but I do have to catch up on my missed Second Life work first...Halloween is a great time for sales and I've missed out on a week of product releases.

Here's an updated render in 3DS Max with simple shaders...once its in Skyrim it will look better.

SAO Sword WIP Image

The first sword I did looks like this in Skyrim...

Click here for image.

The model you made for the sword is simply perfect, and i have to say i liked the "color" you gave it. In the anime it is like a pitch black, but you made it look a lot more realistic by putting those "gray patterns " in it. Overall its pretty awesome :thumbsup: Good going!

I just got one question. In the image you show the sword compared to a steel greatsword model right? Are you planning on making it a onehanded sword, like the anime, or a different twohanded version? Just curious...

Btw, good luck with Second Life. I hope the sales go well. :)

Edited by IsaacScarlet

Honestly though I read your initial post I saw the image of him wearing it on his back and greatsword got stuck in my head so thats the size I made the model. But after I re-read everything a few days ago I realized you wanted a one handed sword so thats easy enough to do by scaling the model. After thinking it over I thought I may as well try and make it a weapons pack with a greatsword size, one handed sword, dagger, mace and axes made in the style of the sword as well. What I can do is get the swords and dagger out then update with the other weapons later unless I just get in a groove and do it all at once. Edited by Jennifur68

Honestly though I read your initial post I saw the image of him wearing it on his back and greatsword got stuck in my head so thats the size I made the model. But after I re-read everything a few days ago I realized you wanted a one handed sword so thats easy enough to do by scaling the model. After thinking it over I thought I may as well try and make it a weapons pack with a greatsword size, one handed sword, dagger, mace and axes made in the style of the sword as well. What I can do is get the swords and dagger out then update with the other weapons later unless I just get in a groove and do it all at once.

To make a sword into a greatsword, or a dagger, is easy enough, re-sizing it is all thats needed in most cases. But making maces and axes with the same style of the sword is an all new level, you gotta be creative as the shapes are quite diferent (I guess im stating the obvious :P ). I must say im impressed with your idea of a weapon pack. Anyway, just take your time. Thanks in advance!

I hope the halloween sales will run smoothly.

I was working on the meshes tonight and got them all done except the war hammer...not really sure what to do for it yet. I still need to tweak the textures, do scabbards for the one handed sword and dagger, then do the blade blood layers, export everything and start running them through NIFSkope and the creation kit. Please bear with me on this project...the last time I used the Creation Kit or NIFSkope was three months ago so I'm rusty. I'm hoping to get the one handed sword into Skyrim so I can get a look at the textures in game and tweak them as needed from there.

Click here for WIP image.

StuartSmiles let me get through this pack then I'll see what I can do if someone else doesn't do it first.

A little sneak peak as the SAO Greatsword in Skyrim...I had to tweak the texture this morning but its working perfectly. Requires ebony smithing, its upgradeable and enchantable and soes slightly more damage than the ebony greatsword so its not overpowering. If all goes well I should have all the weapons ready to go in a day or so if not sooner.

Edit: Rather than just post new replies I'll simply edit this reply with update images. Once its all done I'll post a new reply on that.

Greatsword Image

The sword has a black scabbard but I think I need to lighten its texture a bit since its looking almost pure black in game, other than that its looking good.

Sword Image

Battle Axe Image

Dagger Image

War Axe Image

Mace Image

Edited by Jennifur68