Nifskope Will Not Display Textures

gamefever

So I've been binging on the tut's for making armor with Blender and such. Having had to download several different versions of the programs such as Pyffi, Python, and nifscope I had finally exported an armor to nifscope and you know what?

It won't display textures anymore for any armor.

Yes I have the texture path set up

Yes I have the textures extracted from the BSA's

Yes I have tried other armor's not just the one I'm working on

Yes I have looked around for an answer.

I'm burnt out and tired it's taken days just to get the right versions to get this far.

Any ideas?

edit It was working just this morning but now not one texture will display

Edited by gamefever

i also experiencing similiar problem where my nifskope dont show texture anymore after followed tutorial with download Pyffi, Python, and nifskope

it turns out when i saw texture in nifskope it was my previous nifskope , and when i use nifskope from tutorial links it seems an older version and cant display texture

but it;s just my case, maybe it can help

Ya, it's frustrating as all get out.

I must have remade the same pants three times in blender and adjusted the shoulder pads and this stuff took days becuase well it's a first.

Thing is there's so many versions out there. Well I havent fixed it yet. I'm sure the textures will work in the later version...But I made headway with exporting this morning using the Tutorail Nifskope from the Skyrim page. I'll probably have to delete all the programs and start another install again ><

I came across 2 new NifSkope versions that both messed up my UV map so it was impossible to apply a texture - at least in combination with models i created with Cinema 4D, maybe there is something similar with Blender models. Once NUM UV SETS in Nifskope was set to 0 - never had that before, normally it shows 1 (at least when i import .obj from C4D, imported nif files from 3DsMax directly display 4097) and i have to change it to 4097 to "activate" the normal map...so 0 = not working UV map.

Once it displayed 1, i changed it to 4097 but when i updated tangent space it came up with an error.

Once it all looked finde but no texture was displayed so i exported the NiTriShape and loaded it in a 3D Editor to test UV map / texture and it was messed up. Though there was no error in NifSkope, only when i reloaded the file it showed no textures in NifSkope as well - at least the new version seem to bug around, it works fine when i open meshes i exported using 3DsMax in combination with NIF plugin.

When i create stuff with Cinema 4D i changed back to my good old NifSkope rc4 that still works as always.

greetings

Edited by ghosu

Nifskope rc4..

I'll try that...

I just went into my add/remove programs and there were a ton of installs for the various programs still there,

So I'm cleaning them all out the best I can not sure about how to perform a reg edit though..

I'm going to reinstall everything with the guide I found then I'll see about RC4

At the least I have some familiarity with blender now...I just almost wish I'd stayed with swapping pieces of armor around in Nifskope before taking a bite out of Blender.

Ok I've solved it. The problem probably wouldn't have happened if I wasn't ill and sleep deprived.

Here's what happened

The pathing for textures in Nifskope looks like this ----textures\actors\character\female\FemaleBody_1.dds---

Since "Auto-Detect" doesn't work yet for Skyrim and I reinstalled and uninstalled so many copies of Nifskope, I had it working at one point.

I set the RENDER->Settings

Texture Path to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Texture----Looks Right when you think about it Right?

With that path you really wind up with the program looking for this

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\textures\textures\actors\character\female\FemaleBody_1.dds

See something wrong up there???

It thinks there's a TEXTURES FOLDER IN THE TEXTURES FOLDER

This line is all you need for it to find textures in your game folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data

• 9 months later...

Ok I've solved it. The problem probably wouldn't have happened if I wasn't ill and sleep deprived.

Here's what happened

The pathing for textures in Nifskope looks like this ----textures\actors\character\female\FemaleBody_1.dds---

Since "Auto-Detect" doesn't work yet for Skyrim and I reinstalled and uninstalled so many copies of Nifskope, I had it working at one point.

I set the RENDER->Settings

Texture Path to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Texture----Looks Right when you think about it Right?

With that path you really wind up with the program looking for this

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\textures\textures\actors\character\female\FemaleBody_1.dds

See something wrong up there???

It thinks there's a TEXTURES FOLDER IN THE TEXTURES FOLDER

This line is all you need for it to find textures in your game folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data

Hmm, I tried that, but still cant get textures to show up in nifskope, tried deleting all the paths and redoing them (I have 3 paths - 1 to the main /data folder for skyrim - 1 to the mod I am makings /data folder - and 1 to the folder where I unpacked all of the vanilla game textures from the bsa.) Not sure what else to do, I had it working for a brief time earlier today but now ... nothing. /sigh

I came across 2 new NifSkope versions that both messed up my UV map so it was impossible to apply a texture - at least in combination with models i created with Cinema 4D, maybe there is something similar with Blender models. Once NUM UV SETS in Nifskope was set to 0 - never had that before, normally it shows 1 (at least when i import .obj from C4D, imported nif files from 3DsMax directly display 4097) and i have to change it to 4097 to "activate" the normal map...so 0 = not working UV map.

Once it displayed 1, i changed it to 4097 but when i updated tangent space it came up with an error.

Once it all looked finde but no texture was displayed so i exported the NiTriShape and loaded it in a 3D Editor to test UV map / texture and it was messed up. Though there was no error in NifSkope, only when i reloaded the file it showed no textures in NifSkope as well - at least the new version seem to bug around, it works fine when i open meshes i exported using 3DsMax in combination with NIF plugin.

When i create stuff with Cinema 4D i changed back to my good old NifSkope rc4 that still works as always.

greetings

Ok I'm confused I have Num UV Sets at 0 , but on the next line it says BS NumUV sets 4097?? So is it because that the first numuv set line is 0, is that why nifskope won't display the texture??