415 replies to this topic

ButterscotchCream

ButterscotchCream

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
[edit: moved to comment below]

Edited by ButterscotchCream, 31 October 2012 - 08:07 PM.

DooMagE

DooMagE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Something happened to my install. I can load games w riftway still there but no gate ring in my inventory. I can disable the tesseract, but the cube doesn't show up in my inventory afterward.

ButterscotchCream

ButterscotchCream

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
@DooMagE - In one of the recent updates, the ring and Tesseract key were replaced with new objects, because the old objects were experiencing issues where they would cease functioning because their scripts wouldn't load. In the update, new objects were supposed to be distributed to the player, but the quest that's supposed to distribute them isn't triggering for some people. I'm still researching that problem to find out what is keeping the quest from activating, since it is set to begin started (it is automatically active when the game begins).

However, your specific problem is one that others have experienced as well, and I think it may be related to the reason the quest isn't distributing objects. The most common cause is save-data conflicts. What happens in a save-data conflict, is that when you make a save, all of the data from mods is saved as well. Normally when you resume a save, everything picks up where it left off, but if something changes between a save and a load (such as a mod updating) that can cause issues with the mod because the mod tells the game one thing, and the saved data from the old version of the mod tells it another.

In this case, the pedestal is supposed to automatically give the player a new Tesseract key when the riftway is disabled. The fact that it still works, but isn't giving a Tesseract key tells me that the script in the pedestal is the old script from the previous version that has been stored in your save. The objects that it used to give the player no longer exist, so it has nothing it can give you, and you're left without a way into the Tesseract.

The bad news is that unfortunately, the best way to resolve that kind of save-data conflict is a clean install, to clear out the data from the old version in the game. If you need to be able to access the house to get your things, you can use the console command "coc tesseract".

The good news is, I don't foresee changing any of the major elements in the mod in future versions, so the ring and key should never need to be replaced again, and they shouldn't disappear. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Unfortunately, since each person's saves are different, each person's computer will likely handle the update differently. Some have no issues at all because their saves didn't contain old data that was being carried along. Others still have active scripts in the saves that keep the new mod version from fully loading. If you need any further help, just let me know and I'll do the best I can. You'll find full instructions on how to do a clean-install in the mod description.

DooMagE

DooMagE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
@ButterscotchCream,

Thanks for the fast reply! I have a bunch of stuff saved in the tesseract, so quite a pain to reload. Can you tell me if this can happen again? I might suffer through one of these reloads, but can you imagine the pain if it happens again? I'm loving this mod, so willing to do it once.

Edited by DooMagE, 03 November 2012 - 11:04 PM.

ButterscotchCream

ButterscotchCream

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
@DooMagE - The major elements of the house are pretty much complete. However, in the future there is one upgrade that might require another clean install on update. I mentioned it earlier when speaking with another user, actually. I'm hoping to recode the bookshelves to behave like the "Unlimited Bookshelves" mod, since I unfortunately had to remove that functionality to prevent players from being spammed with dialog boxes.

However, I was planning on saving that till later down the road so that players wouldn't have to do it quite so soon. Aside from that, though, very little of what I have on my list of to-dos for the mod involves changing any scripts. In fact, the only one that does is fixing the code in the book that starts the core key quest. Everything else is just adding new things, which generally doesn't cause any save-data conflicts since it's introducing new elements instead of changing old ones.

So, the brief answer is: yes, there is a possibility that it will need to be clean-loaded again if I'm able to introduce the new bookshelves, but not for a while yet, and so far as I am aware, that is the only thing that would require a clean load. The only other possible thing is if I find a fix to some of the quests not starting immediately with the game, but quests behave differently than objects, so that is not as likely.

DooMagE

DooMagE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Thanks for your time and attention to everything involved with your Mod! Also, thanks for helping me feel better about sticking with it. I cleanloaded last night and everything went fine. It's just painful to restock the apartment after the painters have been there...

ButterscotchCream

ButterscotchCream

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
@DooMagE - No problem, and thank you for sticking with it. That means a lot to me. Trust me, I understand your pain. During development, I'd often do playthroughs of my character and I'd use the in-progress house as my stow-area. Then I'd find a bug, and I'd have to go through the same process. Not to mention all the times I've needed to do it for mods other people have developed in the 20+ house mods I've had over my time Skyrimming, hehe. So yeah, I do know where you're coming from.

Ratara

Ratara

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
I was looking around and was reading about the alpha for the next version of SkyUI and thought you might be interested. With the way the mod is currently setup you can create a hotkey to enter the Tesseract, but with the latest alpha for SkyUI you can create a hotkey directly, without a inventory item. http://forums.bethso...911-relz-skyui/ Just in case you were not aware of it...

Edited by Ratara, 05 November 2012 - 01:01 AM.

PetPet

PetPet

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
@ButterscotchCream,

More than a few of us are looking forward to your future updates / mod ideas (not only limited to Tesseract) so you definite have supporters.

Btw, I noticed that if a NPC use the kitchen stove he will be floating 1 foot above ground...just a fyi if you have not noticed.

Please ignore if it is already on your list.

Thanks again.

ButterscotchCream

ButterscotchCream

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
@Ratara - I'll definitely look into this. If it creates a dependency, then I'm afraid I probably can't include it. However, if it's something I can support without making the mod unavailable to those who use the normal interface, then I'll see what I can do to put it in :)

@PetPet - Thank you very much! I was actually just popping in to give an update about... well, the next update, heh. As for the cooking pot issue, I am aware of it, but I hadn't gotten to test it enough to know whether it was an issue with the navmesh, or if it was an issue with a racial height adjustment mod I have installed (it makes the various races/genders different heights). Do you know if you have any such mod installed? I'll still look into it, of course, but knowing if you have the same or a similar mod installed would be helpful information. If it's a mod that adjusts race/gender heights, I might be able to script the stove to adjust the position of the NPC on use based on actor height. I'm not sure yet.

Also, did you see my question about the hearthfire stove you mentioned? If you can tell me it's features, I'll see if I can script them into the area that's currently there.

Update:
Development has been a bit delayed because I'm doing a time-intensive work project. So, in interest of paying bills and whatnot, I've been focusing on finishing that up. It can get pretty hectic due to the nature of it.

However, the current project is coming to a close, probably in the next several days, and once that's complete I'll be working on the update to 1.9 for the Tesseract. Here's what I'm looking at for a base list of things to work on. As usual, some things will probably get added as I work on it.

Changes v1.9
1. Remove the debug text from the core key.
2. Fix misaligned fish in the kitchen.
3. Add a piece of food by the pantry to auto-store food/drink items.
4. Change the OnRead event of the book that starts the core key quest, and see if moving some of the code to the quest itself fixes the halted event.
5. Check acid in the boss room.
6. Investigate why quests marked to be running at game start are not, in fact, running at game start.
7. Look into having eaten food on the table respawn.
8. Change the bookshelf scripts to act like unlimited bookshelves.
9. Check mannequins for any bugs that might cause them to not equip their clothes properly on load.
10. Add code to the dungeons that detects a "Flawless Run" on hard mode (no deaths).
11. Add a reward for completing a flawless runthrough.
12. Add a means for the dungeon to be accessible after the initial run.
13. Investigate http://forums.bethso...911-relz-skyui/
14. Possibly add new room dedicated to displays of guild and hold armor/crests.
15. Possibly add a second new room dedicated to daedric artifacts.
16. Possibly add a small quest to make them accessible.

Possible Changes for v2.0

1. Add special, scripted zones which unequip NPC/player items on entering the baths, and re-equips them on exit (depends on a few factors).
2. Rearrange packages so that NPCs can interact more.
3. Research replacing master bed with a coffin.
4. Finally (FINALLY) look into adding the quest associated with the dungeon and the followers.
5. Custom elevator for acid tower (fix issues with collisions and animation - much more painstaking than I anticipated).
6. Add more guest roles (please note that adding more actors into the Tesseract uses up cell memory available, and so this may be dropped for stability.

Edited by ButterscotchCream, 06 November 2012 - 07:14 AM.

Page loaded in: 1.254 seconds