HEARTHFIRE problem

ladygothica

USKP (or Unofficial Dawnguard Patch, I thought) fixes the Dawnguard "bug" of the Breezehome alchemy station disappearing. However, that wasn't a bug, that was intentional because that is where your Hearthfire-adopted child is supposed to live in that house, so the fix conflicts with Hearthfire.

(I say that like I'm certain, but it's a compilation of what I've read. Maybe someone will prove me wrong. Still, if you're crashing at Breezehome, turn off Unofficial Patches, see if it works, and if it doesn't see if you have any other mods that add to Breezehome.)

Well it looks like the Unofficial Patches Team are on the case,so I am going to wait a while until they have fixed the problems before activating HearthFire - shouldn't be long and no big deal really.

WryeBash highlights HF in red - easily fixed by extracting the <your language>strings from the HearthFires.bsa and dropping them into Skyrim/data/strings

I have had a look at the HearthFire content in the CK and it looks very promising,a few new items and other bits and pieces.Need to add HearthFires.bsa to resources list in editor.ini to load HF in CK.

I found the "Vanilla Mannequin Fix" caused my game to ctd when entering my newely built Falkreach (spelling?) house. I have about 150 mods - disabled this one, and game worked fine. Also, I disabled USP, after reading through this post... Will track for fixes......

I also have two other wierd issues. 1) There is a skeleton corpse of someone named Carmella just outside my new home (Falkreach).... Any ideas??? 2) My house carl Rayyan (Spelling?) walks up to the house then, before entering, turns around and walks back to Falkreach..... I have no furniture, and just the entryway built so far.... Again, any ideas???

If I come across any other issues, I'll post......

Edited by Rono

Well it looks like the Unofficial Patches Team are on the case,so I am going to wait a while until they have fixed the problems before activating HearthFire - shouldn't be long and no big deal really.

WryeBash highlights HF in red - easily fixed by extracting the <your language>strings from the HearthFires.bsa and dropping them into Skyrim/data/strings

I have had a look at the HearthFire content in the CK and it looks very promising,a few new items and other bits and pieces.Need to add HearthFires.bsa to resources list in editor.ini to load HF in CK.

On a side-note, can I just say, big thanks to you for solving that particular headache? It's not been adversely effecting my game but there's a part of me (a very anal-retentive part I'm aware!) that likes to see everything in its right place, and having both Dawnguard then Hearthfire highlighted red was bugging the living Hell out of me. One quick download of a BSA Unpacker, a few extractions and job done. Cheers for that! :)

An update on the issue of unistalling the USKP made by Arthmoor tonight:

Folks, I realize the CTD thing with Hearthfire sucks, and sucks bad, but you are going to do MORE harm to your game by disabling the USKP midstream due to the way Papyrus works. Please don't do that, because once you do, there's nothing I or anyone can do to fix the damage that could be done.

Also, don't follow advice to mess with HF in the CK. The CK has to be updated to support new record types that went in with this DLC. All you're going to do is break something even more by doing that.

I'm going to try and get a new USKP beta up now that zilav feels TES5Edit is safe for general use since that's needed to pull the conflicting navmesh edits that are causing trouble because Hearthfire deleted a couple the USKP fixed.

Personally speaking I prefer to play safe so I've written off yesterdays playthrough since disabling the USKP and reintroduced my Save Game at a point where the USKP and Hearthfire were still active (luckily I saved right before entering Breezehome...not sure why but very glad I did). It's not ideal as I'll be frozen out of Breezehome for a while until the new USKP beta is released but hopefully it'll keep things stable and playable till then. Right then, I'm off to Falkreath to see a Jarl about a house... :)

I have a problem with Hearthfire and after I've read the other comments,it seems I'm the only one with it.

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD!*.

I installed the DLC and it works,the courier comes to me in any city hands me some letters about adoption,about breezehome and about the Jarl in Falkreath.So far,so good.I really didn't mind them as I had other stuff to do.But after a while as I had some bussiness in Falkreath I said "what the h*ck" and entered the Jarl's Longhouse.I listen to him,did the little bandit quest and come back.He said there's a plot of land for me to buy so I bought it and went to the site to see what Hearthfire is all about.And here's the problem.When I try to get close to the plot of land,the game crashes.I suspected it's when the game loads the area so I started looking through the mods that I have installed,and found..nothing...As far as I know none of them affects what Hearthfire does,has,etc.So, maybe you guys can help me out with this,cause I really wanted to play this DLC.

PS:I have no problem with Breezehome I can enter it freely no CTD.

PS2:How can one see that list with the mods one has installed?I forgot where it is

Edit: I found the solution,it's Scenic Carriages Mod,so keep that out from your Skyrim if you want to play Hearthfire!

Happy Gaming!

Edited by justified_jt90