Credo - WIP

CanisRex84

Inspired by vicn's use of this modder's resource, I wanted to build a small mod around one armor set.

The theme of the set is a paladin one, so it's magic oriented.

The idea is this: the armor set can be bought and looted.

Pretty simple, right?

You can buy the set starting from level 2 and it has endgame stats. So what's the catch?

It costs a lot of money! This serves both a gameplay and a realism purpose.

For realism, armor sets were and still are very expensive and are only reserved for the rich. This is reflected in-game. This also means that vanilla armors like ebony are cheaper, but it's not THIS armor.

For gameplay, it means the player can actually spend all of his or her accumulated gold on something worthwhile. Note that the player is not supposed to be able to buy it under level 10. It's called roleplaying!

Second part: I have added multiple custom bandit bosses that are of a spellsword kind (but have varying equipment) that wear this armor. There is a boss in every hold except Winterhold. They are way stronger than the player and are supposed to be a very tough fight. The armor they drop is also ten times as cheap to stop the player from abusing this mechanic and gaining a lot of money by looting and selling. Furthermore, Nord bosses may sometimes spawn wearing this armor. This is entirely random.

I am still deciding whether I want to make the boss be a practically fixed level, or if I want them to scale with the player level like normal bandits.

The model also has cubemaps enabled that give the armor a very knightly shiny feel.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question for anyone using this; each time I attempt to dl the torrent I get a connection error. Not sure if it's just my client being bad or if the torrent itself is down. If someone could let me know on that, that'd be p. awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey guys I just wish to ask - are all of credos armors now free to use ?

those that are released by actus should be but it's better to check the permissions tab on the file page / pages too

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I just wish to ask - are all of credos armors now free to use ?

those that are released by actus should be but it's better to check the permissions tab on the file page / pages too

I will thanks.

Edited by Nikola231

• 4 months later...