Credo - WIP

CanisRex84

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Nuked,

Again you have provided some good resources and inspiration..

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2787/caballerosinglesesguerr.jpg

I particularly like the knight in red standing at the front on that picture..

Also, here is the new helm that has been so kindly donated darkgondul :thumbsup:

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/ActusReus/Credo/DonatedHelm.png

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

I plan on spending some quality time today working on the mod, so I woul;d expect to see something new by this evening..

15 Hours all on the day of release..lol.. :facepalm:

Enjoy it! I don't know how XCOM or what kind of content can be created. but I hope that will be a Divinity Nexus portal soon with the realease of Divinity Original Sin, that series bring me a lot of fun and take me a lot of time since the 2002 lol

Just to return IT, I've some ready model just like the Nuked refernce models, if you need it are yours :unsure:

I would be very interested in taking a look at any models you have made.. :biggrin:

As you can see from my work I use whatever resources I think best suite my goal, therefore the more resources I can get my hands on the more varied and unique I can make this mod.

Talking about resources...

I am having some trouble with importing certain models into blender. As I do all my work in Max, (just use blender to access certain models as there are scripts that Max does not have) I have no experience with resolving these issues..

Of course I have googles this problem (I spent around 3 hours last night going into this morning with no luck), but the info I find is Python script heavy which just flies right over my head.. :confused:

The error is this:

"struct.error: unpack requires a string argument of length 4"

If anyone knows a way to circumvent this import error I would be most grateful, as I am in need of certain models for my latest armour..

First thing, try to remove all the useless things just like materials etc.. from your mesh, select only the object for the export and try tu use others format, just like the .fbx or .3ds, if you'll have some trouble again, send me the model and I'll try to do something, after all it's a strange error, Blender had always some problem with the import and export operation :\

Hey Darkgondul..

Unfortunately its not an export problem, I am unable to import the model into blender to begin with.http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/ActusReus/Smileys/imrlynotimpressedplz.png

I am using the script which allows you to extract the models from the Witcher 2's w2ent files. So far I have had no problems accessing any models I choose, until I tried to import the Mages outfits..

If you wanted (and had the time) to have a go at extracting these models, just let me know.. FYI I am not making a request there..

L0rd0fWar has kindly provided me with the one specific model I required, so kudos to him.. But I would really like my pick of all the armours within that game..

A question to any knowledgeable passers by..

I am attempting to rig a long surcoat for my latest custom armour:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/150172

As you can see there are long dangly bits hanging in front and behind the legs, but not at the sides.. (please try to ignore his skinny chicken legs, he isnt finished)..

However the vanilla skeleton does not provide suitable bones for a natural looking animation of the dangly bits..

I then discovered the Flex modifier and tried it out in Max 2012..

It looked AWESOME !!!

But I have seen a post stating that Gamebryo does not support this modifier..

So my question is, do you know any methods/tricks/ways of getting the Flex modifier to work in game? Or if it is entirely impossible?

Edit: @Nuked thanks again for continuing to post some great pics.. :thumbsup:

Well, as for me you can try to run the Havok on the part and give to the mesh a cloth material, but I don't know how to "import" that in NifSkope then in the game, or if that will give some heavy glitches, if someone expert on the havok physical system can tell to you something more about you're lucky, personaly I want to try this for some cloaks, but just like you I don't know how to handle this thing.

Yeah I spent most of the day yesterday trying to get answers from all over the place.. 4 forums in total..lol..

looks like the sneak peak of verlet physics we have been given with Dawnguard is some way off being used by the modding community for things such as cloaks/capes etc.. :armscrossed:

As said by charon711 on the Beth forums..

"ah, so in other words the team at beth are probably running around singing TROLOLOLOLOLO!"

This is how I feel about being allowed to look at an NPC with actual cloth physics and not be able to use it in my mod..