• Please log in to reply
4764 replies to this topic

DirtyBlue929

DirtyBlue929

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Y'know, with all these people mentioning his accent, you could make it a minor plot thingy. There was that special encounter fellow in Fallout 1, the traveling Gaelic singer whose family keeps the culture of the British Isles alive - Patrick the Celt, I think? Plus Loxley, the Robin Hood wannabe from the Hub. Anywho, that might offer a quick explanation if you need/want one.

Mishaxhi

Mishaxhi

raider

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
In response to post #8784357.

It's not something I want to focus on.

During my hiatus from Fallout, I kept on voice acting, and have been working at it quite a lot. I can disguise my accent and Americanize my voice. The trouble is that Niner is such a boisterous character. Accent slips through when you're really trying to project something.

Re-recording his dialog is an idea I've been toying with for some time. I'm a better actor than I was. The update comes first though.

Mishaxhi

Mishaxhi

raider

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
Plans are in motion. Done playing the game. Didn't get very far, but I remembered why I started modding in the first place.

I now have bigger plans. First comes this long promised update.

I barely remember what it was supposed to contain, but here's the new list:

- new locational and quest based dialog. This is 90% done. It should more than double that in the original mod.
- more dialog in general
- new armour and icons added. This is waaaaaayyy overdue. Also a quick job.
- other custom stuff. Over the months a number of very talented and generous people have offered to make custom stuff for Niner. Weapons, hair, facial hair, face textures, tattoos, ect. I think now is the time to take them up on it.
- the whole learning to read quest. This may or may not be included. From what I remember it's largely done, just buggy as hell. We'll see.
- no new side quests, bigger plans, ect.
- romance may or may not be included.

With romance I can do it two ways, a points sytem (similair to Willow) or a one off chance during a quest. The former is more flexible, whilst the latter allows me to build towards something more special. Let me know what you think.

iheartlycans

iheartlycans

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
In response to post #8782677.

Yes, that's the end of the mod.

Visas Starbuck

Visas Starbuck

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Plans are in motion. Done playing the game. Didn't get very far, but I remembered why I started modding in the first place.

I now have bigger plans. First comes this long promised update.

I barely remember what it was supposed to contain, but here's the new list:

- new locational and quest based dialog. This is 90% done. It should more than double that in the original mod.
- more dialog in general
- new armour and icons added. This is waaaaaayyy overdue. Also a quick job.
- other custom stuff. Over the months a number of very talented and generous people have offered to make custom stuff for Niner. Weapons, hair, facial hair, face textures, tattoos, ect. I think now is the time to take them up on it.
- the whole learning to read quest. This may or may not be included. From what I remember it's largely done, just buggy as hell. We'll see.
- no new side quests, bigger plans, ect.
- romance may or may not be included.

With romance I can do it two ways, a points sytem (similair to Willow) or a one off chance during a quest. The former is more flexible, whilst the latter allows me to build towards something more special. Let me know what you think.

YES <3

since we already have a points system in willow suggest a dialog option during the early quests to start the romance arc (like you said, option 2)

Kainschilde209

Kainschilde209

The Guy With The Thing

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts
In response to post #8785794.

For all his bluster, Niner seems to me like a romantically shy dude. I say the one shot in a quest, seems more fitting to his personality.

Mishaxhi

Mishaxhi

raider

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
In response to post #8785794. #8786811 is also a reply to the same post.

I agree, but it's less about him being shy, more that he's just restless and impulsive.

The whole "commitment issues" trait that some characters get to make them seem a little darker and broodier is something I want to avoid though. It's just, Niner wouldn't see romance as a gradual thing, it'd be spur of the moment.

NyneaveTallis

NyneaveTallis

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
In response to post #8785794. #8786811, #8786997 are all replies on the same post.

AH! *Rolls head across keyboard in excitement* Oh please, oh please, oh pretty pretty pretty please with as many delightful sweets I can stack on top?

OK. Self control coming back. Just always wanted to do that since I heard the random line when he says "Damn, I wish I could read" at the end of it. I personally don't care if it's buggy-- I'll put myself forth to blow my game and/or computer up and test versions with a quest to teach/try to teach Niner how to read. I don't know why, but I love the idea.

Everything else sounds good and worth looking forward to. I love having Niner along for the chatter-- my game feels really, really lonely when I don't have him following-- so the new locational, quest based, and general dialogues are big pluses to me.

For the romance, I'm not going to comment too much. Surprise me! And do whatever you feels would build better into the character but works best for you in the same stroke. Giving my two cents on it: points may work for Willow, but not Niner. I see him as the kind that leaps before looking, hence the "one off chance during a quest" seems much more in character. :)

Mishaxhi

Mishaxhi

raider

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
In response to post #8785794. #8786811, #8786997, #8787084 are all replies on the same post.

The reading quest may or may not be in, I'm not sure. I'd have to completely rebuild it, I don't know what I was doing when I scripted this thing.

First update will be soon. Tomorrow, maybe. Will contain his new outfits, icons, face, as well as a rework of his first quest.

I've made a pretty distinct change to his appearance. On a whim. You'll see.

nivea

nivea

Girl Modder <3

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,616 posts
In response to post #8785794. #8786811, #8786997, #8787084, #8788188 are all replies on the same post.

The romance thing I am good either way, so long as its not just some one night stand that never gets mentioned again kinda of thing. On one hand a gradual build up is more natural, on the other hand this is Niner we are talking about....he be crazy.

Looking super forward to the updates to come, I am always up for some more Niner. <3

Page loaded in: 0.472 seconds