• Please log in to reply
948 replies to this topic

RaffTheSweetling

RaffTheSweetling

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
@ ArKainegel - I experienced a similar problem. I have the Breezehome Expanded mod that adds a basement smithing room, I had modded that mod a little myself, and sure enough, I bought Hearthfire and now I can't enter this home anymore at all. So I turned Hearthfire off, and tried to go back to my Breezehome to remove all my stuff before disabling that mod, and nope, CTD again. Now this is what I did next, and it totally worked for me. I had turned off Hearthfire, but next I deleted those files completely. (I always keep backups of everything in at least 2 drivers in addition to the executable folder) then I reloaded and went inside Breezehome (the modded version) without trouble. I grab all my stuff and exit - then clean save - then quit - then I deactivated in NMM (not removed) ALL the mods I had which change the vanilla player homes in Skyrim (this not including the Unlimited Bookshelf mod which I think is more an object changer than a particular place changer) - then I reinstalled and reactivated Hearthfire and loaded up the clean save I made in front of Breezehome. I then went inside Breezehome and checked it worked - it did. I went outside and the courier immediately approached me - I then read the two notes he gave me - I then went to Proventus Avenicci (spelling) and bought my child's bedroom, met a homeless girl, adopted her on the spot, and went home and found her (rather shabby looking) child's bedroom. All worked perfectly, and did not need this Patch (not trying to be rude there, just being honest) The only obvious drawback to that being that apparently we cannot use the awesome player home mods if we also want to run Hearthfire. Wonderful :s Hope that method also works for you, ArKainegel, and anyone else. :) Griffin

Edited by RaffTheSweetling, 07 October 2012 - 06:27 AM.

clanfear

clanfear

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
does it fix inability to build Dawnstar house before building Falkreath house? cuz for now if i try to build house at Dawnstar first - it build it at Falkreath anyway

undreaded

undreaded

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I can't hire anyone but Rayya to be steward and I don't have the option of sending my wife to Lakeside View where the 2 children are. Help please

tonicmole

tonicmole

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
I still get instant CTD when game loads main menu. Very odd.

Arthmoor

Arthmoor

Black Hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,374 posts
@RaffTheSweetling: Well at least with the USKP and Open Cities out of the way of the crash, people will know it's coming from something else in their setups.

There's quite a few Breezehome mods that are going to get bit in the ass on this.

iZsoul

iZsoul

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
Wow that's a quick one !
Truly great job :)
I'll be following it for further fixes.

FallenHeroX

FallenHeroX

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
i want to report a bug with the inventory i dont know why but everytime i scroll up or down in my equipment screen after i load up save i ctd the only mods i have are armor and weapons mods as well as cbbe replacer but i really dont see these causing conflicts with hearthfire the problem is this ctd bug in particular didnt start up until after i installed hearthfire you should also know i have dawnguard installed as well if you guys would look into this and hopefully add a fix for it in next update i would greatly appreciate it. oh you should also note ive tryed rearranging the load order but nothing works it still ctd when i use my inventory and scroll through items

Edited by FallenHeroX, 07 October 2012 - 10:13 AM.

ZunburztZero

ZunburztZero

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
I still have a problem with the Jarl Skalds dialogues, he keeps saying only two sentences. Because I cant get my house from him. Can you guys please help me? Want that house most of all... Have the other houses by Falkreath and Morthal, only that one near Dawnstar left

Edited by ZunburztZero, 07 October 2012 - 11:20 AM.

SFBryan18

SFBryan18

Old hand

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
To get the dialogue from Skald to buy a house in the Pale, enter:

player.setrelationshiprank 1a6c0 2

HGXSSZ

HGXSSZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
i know im not the only one with this problem but can u fix the bug with the light sources in the homes not emitting light

Page loaded in: 1.192 seconds