The Upcoming Heavy Missile Nerf

samroski

Missiles are being nerfed again!!!

10% reduction in heavy missile damage and 35% reduction in range! Currently my Tengu hits at 130km and L4s are a breeze with 705 dps (can get more I think- but I use factional missiles). Not that I do a lot of missions- mostly use for standings gain... but have a lot invested in skills and modules related to HMs....

Too good to last (and this is after the missile nerf 3-4 years ago). Got till Dec. 4 to enjoy it- better get my Gallente standings up by then :)

Think they wanted to nerf the drake and the tengu- but ended up screwing HMs. Imagine what's going to happen to caracals and nighthawks and other HM ships which were already pretty useless!

In spite of >200 pages of feedback/backlash CCP are determined to go ahead it seems. The vast majority of players do not know I think- and it should be fun to watch as it hits the fan. Hopefully I should have recovered enough by then to enjoy it. Currently depressed in the extreme.

EVE's done for. Dumb decisions like this are the reason. Why not buff other long range weapons to match, and add an extra mission tier for T3s? Edited by Vindekarr

They have a Dev who has allegedly read all the "die in a fire" feedback on this, and has oh-so-clever replies in his ever-so-smug way to all suggestions/questions/observations like yours vindekarr.

Edit: His classic underhand compliment was: pat yourself on the back (for your intelligence) if what you do in the game keeps getting nerfed! wtf!

Edited by samroski

Well, in my opinion, on the one hand, the heavy missile nerf in some way or another is necessary.

(This because of the very VERY strong Drake and Tengu fleets). On the other hand, it will also nerf some things that do not require nerfing. For instance, I solo or small gang pvp a lot in a HML tengu, a ship that - while very VERY strong in large fleet - is very well balanced in solo. Yes it is very hard to catch (I run core x-type 100mn ab with loki links), on the other hand, it is a huge isk investment, and the dps coming out of it's HML's is not that great!

On the other hand, they are somewhat buffing HAM's, and imo this will make the 100mn ab HAM legion (which is a pretty good ship already) even more awesome! As well as giving the sacrilege a much-needed buff to fit maybe a medium nos or neut instead of the small one it can field right now with the standard dual-rep fitting.