Star Citizen

samroski

Another space MMO!

Two years to go- possibly one to a beta....

Check it out

News

more news

website code: 42

The best part is the ability to mod the game. You can run a modified version on your server, or submit your ship - which, if selected, will be available from vendors in-game, and you'll get a percentage when someone purchases it :)

Edited by samroski

Even nicer is his view of games development and how it's so backward at the moment. Nice to see someone who understands his industry and has a desire to do the right thing, not the thing that makes money.

PC Gaming... why bother with anything else when the tech is so much more powerful.

I played WC and Freelancer when they were released and wondered where he had gone... looking forward to how this turns out.

Looking at the vision of this game, it makes you wonder why some of the ideas are already not in Eve. It may be more difficult to actually achieve than envision, but if they manage to do it, Eve will have serious competition.

I believe the way forward is for MMOs to let players mod the game (within limits), so that the mods are immediately playable in-game by all. You need to have a crafting system, where things are built up from smaller bits. Totally achievable. There could be limit to how much a player can mod- possibly no. of polygons or based on skill level. Makes me want to make an MMO!

Aye, it is. Infact, Borderlands actually has that exact system, it's called Willowtree; all player equipment, guns, shields, grenades, ect is made by randomly selecting a set of bits, each bit changing the look, stats and feel of the finished item. A similar system would easily put your idea into practice Sam.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...