14 Hours and no closer to a solution...

Sylevar

Okay,

I'm working on what will be my first official mod and I've been having some really major trouble. I've been using Hearthfire for my base and am attempting to make a lumber mill just a little down the road from the Falkreath BYOH site. I got the NPC to sell me the lumber, and even have the quest working where she will let me cut my own sawn logs on the mill. The problem I'm having is that once the cutting is complete, it's not giving me the sawn log like it is supposed to. (like it will with other mills)

I have been through everything I can possibly think of and I can't figure it out. If anyone out there has worked with this or knows what I may be missing then please let me know.

I can share the file with anyone who asks, though I request that it not be uploaded without my permission.

Thank you in advance!!

-------------

Edit:

I have continued editing it and tinkering with it to no avail... I can't for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong so I am now begging anyone with any idea to please throw it my way. No matter how small I will be willing to try just about anything.

Sincerely,

Sylevar

Edited by Sylevar

Well, have you looked at the tamriel worldspace and at mills, like the one in riverwood?<br><br>It has several components, including the farmlumbermill01 and resourceobjectsawmill (as a named reference resourceobjectsawriverwood). The latter has a script attached - does your mill also have this? It's "resourceobjectsawmillscript" which has a number of properties defined.<br><br><br><br><br><br> Edited by acidzebra

Well, have you looked at the tamriel worldspace and at mills, like the one in riverwood?<br><br>It has several components, including the farmlumbermill01 and resourceobjectsawmill (as a named reference resourceobjectsawriverwood). The latter has a script attached - does your mill also have this? It's "resourceobjectsawmillscript" which has a number of properties defined.<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Yeah, I thought about actually copying it from the one in Riverwood (since Riverwood provided the exact same result I wanted) and just chang the names of the items duplicated, but I wasn't sure if that would cause conflicts so I just redid it (copying everything individually, though I might have missed something) but yes, it has the scripts also...

---------

Edit: Looking over my script, I didn't have the "Worker" set to be the NPC I created.. would that make a difference?

---------

Edit: Looking over my script, I didn't have the "Worker" set to be the NPC I created.. would that make a difference?

Try it - I'm setting up a test mill now too as I've never had cause to before, just want to see how it works too.

Hey, tried it and still no luck.. I'm including my mod here and you can take a look at it.

The cell is under Tamriel and it's titled LakeviewMill

Edited by Sylevar

My test mill is working in that it cuts logs, but I don't receive any sawn logs like you. Hmmm, what are we missing?

Your guess is as good as mine... I added it to the quest list, to the NPC list, to everything I could possibly find and I even looked through everything in the other mills and I can't for the life of me figure it out.. :/

That's why I turned to the other modders here on Nexus.. hoped that someone here could help me with something I've overlooked.

Edited by Sylevar