R&D to Increase Squad Size

Beknatok

@Bertilsson

Tested the spawn location fix by starting new games 8 times with size 12, no problem encountered so far, great job.

I myself was trying to change a random int in the script to a constant with no success, i still don't understand what the hex value looks like and what i should replace it with. Any tips on how to get it done?

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol no worries about EU. I'll just reverifed the files in steam and have it revert back to normal but thanks for the kind gesture.

I really hope you can add those rotation buttons in for the 12 soldiers by testing it out with the un-equip all button via script. Thats actually really smart!!

It looks like it's gonna take awhile for you to have it setup the way it was in EU with all the new maps, spawn locations and now the rotation buttons for the 12 soldiers. Is there anyone here that could help you out? I wish I could do something but I'm not a progammer by any means.

I can't wait to see this masterpiece of yours!! Please keep us posted as to what you've been doing k? It's very interesting to read and learn more about the process of developing new ideals and implementing into such a great game. The ideals that makes this game even greater than it already is just too awesome!! Once again, thank you soo much for doing this and I can't wait to hear more about it.

Thank you soo much!! It works like a charm with the 12 soldiers and I don't mind if a few do get stuck here and there (if it happens) but it's selecting who you want to go on the battlefield is another problem. Having the rotation buttons on the load out screen would really help select and deselect which soldiers should go out to battle and you can increase or decrease the squad size as well too. Could you maybe work on that instead of the spawn points for every map? :dance:

Well, It's getting late now have a goodnight.

I play EW ..

I follow every step but not work for me !! my bad luck .. :sad:

I have simplified the installation instruction regarding how to decompress here:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/804076-rd-to-increase-squad-size/?p=10157162

If it still doesn't work you will probably have to wait until toolboks is updated with support for EW.

Please also note that the mod for EW only support fixed spawn locations and nothing else right now.

But before turning on the Batman sky-light, in attempt to lure in someone like XMarksTheSpot who is competent enough to do all the hard work related to soldier selection, I plan to investigate the possibility to do it a bit different and hopefully less complex than before.

I feel the make available button could be turned into a cycle button with almost no flash UI changes so just about anyone who knows flash hex editing could do it. I could try to port XMarksTheSpot's changes to EW like I did for the loadout grid view but he is way better than I am and my attempts to port the item scroll bar have just resulted in crashes. I will look at the debriefing screen but don't expect me to get it working any time soon if ever.

I play EW ..

I follow every step but not work for me !! my bad luck .. :sad:

I have simplified the installation instruction regarding how to decompress here:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/804076-rd-to-increase-squad-size/?p=10157162

If it still doesn't work you will probably have to wait until toolboks is updated with support for EW.

Please also note that the mod for EW only support fixed spawn locations and nothing else right now.

yes I follow this steps but still diden't work !! .. I'm realy want to play with more solders .. but the only option I have waiting for toolboks.. Thank you for helping ..

Not sure that my opinion is worth much BUT I increased the capacity to 11 so that I could have ten troops and one passenger(I found that in the DLC missions if I filled all slots the game would crash in the first mission or any rescue mission).

In the DLC the extras were superimposed on top of each other and usually in a place where I could not use them. So I restarted the mission and eventually found them usefully on the map In EW. However in the Exalt missions I could not seem to use them as they always appeared outside the pink "wire" and I was stuck with my six but if I used my best troops no big deal. Must admit I like shooting traitors.

Edited by Roxana

Not sure that my opinion is worth much BUT I increased the capacity to 11 so that I could have ten troops and one passenger(I found that in the DLC missions if I filled all slots the game would crash in the first mission or any rescue mission).

In the DLC the extras were superimposed on top of each other and usually in a place where I could not use them. So I restarted the mission and eventually found them usefully on the map In EW. However in the Exalt missions I could not seem to use them as they always appeared outside the pink "wire" and I was stuck with my six but if I used my best troops no big deal. Must admit I like shooting traitors.

Could you please clarify what modding you did?

Changed SKYRANGER_CAPACITY in ini?

Maually modified spawnlocations XComGame.upk?

The extras superimpsed on top of each other sounds very much as if spawnlocations have not been modded.