Modpatcher

dreadylein

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so far using the modpatcher dreadylein (modpatcher thread) thx by the way. works great.

I have managed to find and tweak a few things very easily within the code.

Wanted to up the avail kit slots but in a way it makes some of the later armour slightly less usefull as its one of their abilities. found how:

Armors=(ABILITIES[0]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[1]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[2]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[3]=eAbility_NONE,Properties[0]=eAP_None,Properties[1]=eAP_None,Properties[2]=eAP_None,Properties[3]=eAP_None,iType=eItem_ArmorKevlar,iHPBonus=1,iDefenseBonus=0,iFlightFuel=0,iWillBonus=0,iLargeItems=1,iSmallItems=1,iMobilityBonus=0)

as an example u can see by the sample above by tweaking the "Ihpbonus" to 2 you can add to you health, same goes for the item slots just change the "ismallitems=1" to "ismallitems=2" and it open another slot.

here is a pistol slot using arcthrower with a few other tweaks

Weapons=(iType=eItem_ArcThrower,ABILITIES[0]=eAbility_ShotStun,ABILITIES[1]=eAbility_Overwatch,ABILITIES[2]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[3]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[4]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[5]=eAbility_NONE,Properties[0]=eWP_Pistol,Properties[1]=eWP_UnlimitedAmmo,Properties[2]=eWP_None,Properties[3]=eWP_Secondary,Properties[4]=eWP_None,Properties[5]=eWP_None,iDamage=0,iEnvironmentDamage=0,iRange=27,iReactionRange=-1,iReactionAngle=200,iRadius=0,iCritical=0,iOffenseBonus=0,iSuppression=0,iSize=eItemSize_Small,iHPBonus=0,iWillBonus=0)

What i would like to try though is to embed a "s.c.o.p.e" into a weapon. And embed "nano-vest" under armour so it doesnt take a slot (it is a vest after all). So far ive tried to add "ismallitems=1" or "ismallitems=2" (incase the number is not added but instead of the armour items value). to the particular items code but im getting no change in game (save game, havent tried playing though to get these items from scratch yet).

Also ve been looking elsewhere in the other game files to try Enable all classes access to all weapon types.

so far ive looked through the weapon stats to see if theres some kind of class restriction there. and ive tried looking for the class details themselves to see if theres some kind of list dictating usable weapons. but i cant see what im after. it may be ive just missed it.

any help appreciated.

Edited by versengeteriks

Here Goes

Unknown\Binaries\Win32\xcom-orginal.exe

16:57:27 steampath c:/program files (x86)/steam

16:57:27 steampath c:/program files (x86)/steam

16:57:27 xcom binarie found @ + comp

16:57:27 updateres var: c:/program files (x86)/steam\SteamApps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\Binaries\Win32\XComGame.exe

16:57:27 getmodfile: DefaultGameCore.mod

16:57:27 done

17:11:4 Startup

17:11:4 steampath c:/program files (x86)/steam

17:11:4 checkcp return true

17:11:4 Backup found, use as base

17:11:4 xcom binarie found @ + comp

17:11:4 path vars backup: c:/program files (x86)/steam\SteamApps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\Binaries\Win32\XComGame.exe c:/program files (x86)/steam\SteamApps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\Binaries\Win32\xcom-orginal.exe

17:11:4 updateres var: c:/program files (x86)/steam\SteamApps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\Binaries\Win32\XComGame.exe

17:11:4 getmodfile: DefaultGameCore.mod

17:11:4 done

17:11:11 Startup

17:11:11 steampath c:/program files (x86)/steam

17:11:11 checkcp return true

17:11:11 Backup found, use as base

17:11:11 xcom binarie found @ + comp

17:11:11 xcom binarie found @ + comp

17:11:11 path vars backup: c:/program files (x86)/steam\SteamApps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\Binaries\Win32\XComGame.exe c:/program files (x86)/steam\SteamApps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\Binaries\Win32\xcom-orginal.exe

17:11:14 steampath c:/program files (x86)/steam

17:11:14 steampath c:/program files (x86)/steam

17:11:14 xcom binarie found @ + comp

17:11:14 updateres var: c:/program files (x86)/steam\SteamApps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\Binaries\Win32\XComGame.exe

17:11:14 getmodfile: DefaultGameCore.mod

17:11:14 done

Edit

No other modifications yet. First few times I tried this in the wrong directory, then remembered where Steam Games actually are found the right path and put the patcher in the same location as the .exe

Also for some weird reason the Mod file wants to read as a movie file but is easily opened with notepad.

Edit 2

I'm attempting to tweak the impossible level play so that the starting soldiers have 6 base hp plus 1 for armor. Plus I toned down the Aim and Crit of the Aliens to 5 instead of 10. Beefed up the Heavies Aim to be in line with the other classes so tired of that guy missing all the time.

Edited by gamefever

uh there is a little bug :D but has nothing todo with your problem mhhh

As far as i can see this should have patcht your binary

Try change something obvious and look if it will have effect on the game

Mhh it should be able to patch even if its not locatet in the game directory, this is just needed if the patcher cant get the path variables for steam

Edited by dreadylein

Well on impossible the guys have 4 health and I figured I could change that too 6? I'll run the mission and see if the rest of the changes are there.

Aye, good luck :)

Btw could you post your modified line ? maybe someone who has played around with the inis a bit more then i can help us here ;)

BalanceMods_Hard=(eType=eChar_Soldier, iDamage=0,iCritHit=0, iAim=0, iDefense=0,iHP=1,iMobility=0,iWill=0)

BalanceMods_Classic=(eType=eChar_Soldier, iDamage=0,iCritHit=0, iAim=0, iDefense=0,iHP=1, iMobility=0,iWill=0)

Here they are, the iHP=1

This read -1 and -2 before