Compiled list of DefaultGameCore.ini settings and their funtions

Xionanx

WE ARE MOVING THIS TO THE WIKI HERE

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/XCOM:EU_DefaultGameCore.ini_settings

Someone suggested in the "Finding the First Step" thread that we compile a list of all the DefaultGameCore.ini settings that can be changed and what they do. I think this is a good idea, so I thought I would get the ball rolling by making a list of all the settings I know about. Feel free to leave comments and corrections in the thread and I'll try to keep the main post updated as we discover new things about how these settings work. (NOTE! Anything I have written in ALL CAPS or I have place NEEDS MORE INFO behind means I am unsure of its function or I have not tested it in enough ways to be certain of my description of it. Please ADD YOUR FEEDBACK ON THESE IF YOU HAVE TESTED THEM!)

Section 1 - Abilities

Abilities can be added to Armors, Weapons, Equipment, and Characters(UNITS); however they dont always function as they should when added to different items. This is a complete list of the Abilities in the game with a brief description about what each does. The following sections that pertain to each item type will have a list of abilities that are known to work or be interchangable.

Appear on Armor

• eAbility_Fly = Allows units to fly while in tactical mode and requires iFlightFuel=1(or higher) for the turn duration of flight.
  • eAbility_Ghost = Unit becomes invisible for 1 turn or until they make an attack and has a limited number (4) of uses per battle.

Appear on Characters

• eAbility_CivilianCover = Gives the ability "Head Down" which provides a 10 Defense bonus when used, does not require cover. (Perhaps other effects as well but unknown to me)
  • eAbility_TakeCover = REQUIRED TO USE COVER and Gives the ability "Hunker Down" which doubles the Cover Bonus and provides immunity to critical hits, reduces sight radius.
  • eAbility_MindMerge = GIVES SECTOIDS THE "MIND MERGE" ABILITY UNIT BUFF, APPEARS TO DO NOTHING FOR PLAYER CONTROLLED UNITS (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAbility_Launch = GIVES FLOATERS THE ABILITY TO JUMP TO A DISTANT COVER POINT, APPEARS TO DO NOTHING FOR PLAYER CONTROLLED UNITS, BREAKS GROUND MOVEMENT; REQUIRES FLIGHT TO MOVE (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAbility_Intimidate = GIVES MUTONS THE ON HIT REACTION ABILITY WHICH CAUSES PANIC IN NEARBY PLAYER CONTROLLED UNITS, APPEARS TO DO NOTHING FOR PLAYER CONTROLLED UNITS (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAbility_BloodCall = GIBES MUTONS THE "BLOOD CALL" ABILITY WHICH GIVES A WILL, AIM, AND MOBILITY BUFF TO THE UNIT THAT USES IT AS WELL AS OTHER NEARBY MUTON UNITS. APPEARS TO DO NOTHING FOR PLAYER CONTROLLED UNITS (REQUIRES MUTON FLAG, NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAbility_CloseCyberdisc = GIVES CYBERDISCS THE ABILITY TO "CLOSE" AFTER TAKING AN ACTION OTHER THEN MOVEMENT. APPEARS TO DO NOTHING FOR PLAYER CONTROLLED UNITS(NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAbility_PsiControl = GIVES SECTOID COMMANDERS THE "MIND CONTROL" ABILITY. APPEARS TO DO NOTHING FOR PLAYER CONTROLLED UNITS (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAbility_MindFray = GIVES THE ABILITY "MIND FRAY" (ATTACK). APPEARS TO DO NOTHING FOR PLAYER CONTROLLED UNITS (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAbility_GreaterMindMerge = GIVES THE "GREATER MIND MERGE" ABILITY TO SECTOID COMMANDERS. APPEARS TO DO NOTHING FOR PLAYER CONTROLLED UNITS (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAbility_PsiPanic = GIVES THE "PSI PANIC" ABILITY TO SECTOID COMMANDERS. APPEARS TO DO NOTHING FOR PLAYER CONTROLLED UNITS (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAbility_Rift = Gives an AoE attack that lasts 2 turns for massive damage.
  • eAbility_PsiDrain = (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAbility_BullRush = (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAbility_Bloodlust = (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAbility_ShotOverload = (NEED MORE INFO)

Appear on Items

• eAbility_ShotStandard = Allows normal attack actions
  • eAbility_Overwatch = Allows the use of overwatch command
  • eAbility_ShotStun = Allows the use of the "Stun" command, appears to only work on the Arc Thrower (Has 0 uses on other items)
  • eAbility_ShotSuppress = Allows the use of the "Suppress" command
  • eAbility_FragGrenade = Allows the use of the "Frag Grenade" command. (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAbility_SmokeGrenade = Allows the use of the "Smoke Grenade" commmand. SUPPORT ABILITY (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAbility_BattleScanner = Allows the use of the "Scanning Drone" command. SNIPER ABILITY (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAbility_AlienGrenade = Allows the use of the "Plasma Grenade" command. (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAbility_ShredderRocket = Allows the use of the "Shredder Rocket" command. HEAVY ABILITY (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAbility_RocketLauncher = Allows the use of the "Rocket Launcher" command. HEAVY ABILITY (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAbility_MedikitHeal = Allows the use of the "Medkit" command, appears to only work on the Medkit (Has 0 uses on other items)
  • eAbility_Plague = Gives Thinmen the "Plague Shot" ability - Does not work for player controlled units
  • eAbility_CombatStim = Adds the Combat Stim effect to the Combat Stim item.
  • eAbility_Grapple = Adds the "Grapple" command, allows units to move to higher terrain. (Duplicated as a property, need to check functionality of each)
  • eAbility_Repair = Adds the "Repair" command allowing units to repair mechanical units (SHIVS/DRONES).
  • eAbility_DeathBlossom = Adds the "Death Blossom" attack to Cyberdiscs. Does not work for player controlled units (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAbility_CannonFire = Adds the "Cannon Fire" attack to the Sectopod. Does not work for player controlled units (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAbility_DestroyTerrain = Adds the "Destroy Terrain" attack to the Sectopod. WORKS with Player Controlled UNITS, this is effectively "Free Aim" (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAbility_ClusterBomb = Adds the "Cluster Bomb" attack to the Sectopod. Does not work for player controlled units (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAbility_PsiLance = (NEED MORE INFO)

Section 2 - Properties

Properties can be added to Armors, Weapons, Equipment, and Characters(UNITS) and have effects similar to abilities, sometimes in order for an ability to function the property must also be present. This is a complete list of the Properties in the game with a brief description about what each does. The following sections that pertain to each item type will have a list of properties that are known to work or be interchangable.

Appear on Armor

• eAP_Grapple = Adds the "Grapple" command, allows units to move to higher terrain. (Duplicated as an Ability, need to check functionality of each)
  • eAP_DualWield = (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAP_PoisonImmunity = Grants immunity to poison effects (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAP_BackpackLimited = (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAP_AirEvade = (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAP_Psi = (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eAP_Tank = (NEED MORE INFO)

Appear on Characters

• eCP_CanGainXP = Allows for the accumulation of XP, appears on only effect soldier units
  • eCP_Robotic = Gives unit the "Robot" trait. Immune to PSI abilities, can't be healed using medkit, requires repair, takes more damage from extra damage to robot abilities.
  • eCP_Hardened = Gives a flat 20% reduction in chance to be critically hit.
  • eCP_Flight = Appears to duplicate the FLY ability, not sure on how it functions differently. (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eCP_AirEvade = (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eCP_Climb = Appears to give ThinMen the ability to move to higher terrain without the need to activate an ability. (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eCP_PoisonImmunity = Grants immunity to poison effects
  • eCP_DeathExplosion = Causes Cyberdiscs to explode upon death. (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eCP_MeleeOnly = Prevents Chryssalids from making ranged attacks. (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eCP_Poisonous = Attacks inflict the "Poisoned" status. (NEED MORE INFO)

Appear on Weapons

• eWP_Pistol = Items can be placed in the "Sidearm" slot on the loadout screen, counts as a pistol for equipment restrictions and recieves pistol weapon upgrades from Armory upgrades.
  • eWP_UnlimitedAmmo = Item does not need to be reloaded, Ammo does not deplete.
  • eWP_Rifle = Items can be placed in the "Primary" weapon slot on the loadout screen, counts as a rifle for equipment restrictions.
  • eWP_Assault = Adds the "Assult" class restriction to an item, allowing the Assualt class to equip it.
  • eWP_Heavy = Adds the "Heavy" class restriction to an item, allowing the Heavy class to equip it.
  • eWP_Sniper = Adds the "Sniper" class restriction to an item, allowing the Sniper class to equip it.
  • eWP_MoveLimited = Adds the "Cannot move and fire" trait to a weapon, preventing it from being used to attack after moving.
  • eWP_NoReload = Adds the "Cannot be relaoded" trait to a weapon, preventing if from being relaoded.
  • eWP_CantReact = Adds the "Cannot perform reaction attacks" to a weapon, preventing it from being used for Overwatch.
  • eWP_Secondary = Allows the use of the items special attacks without need to swap to it. NOTE* Prevents ability to swap to item to use it as a weapon DO NOT ADD TO WEAPONS.
  • eWP_Backpack = Item can be placed/will use a Backpack slot on the loadout screen.
  • eWP_AnyClass = Anyclass can use this item, removes class restrictions. (NOTE THAT THIS DOESN'T ALWAYS APPLY TO THE HEAVY CLASS AND YOU MAY NEED TO ADD THE HEAVY CLASS TAG AS WELL AS THIS TAG FOR A HEAVY TO USE THE ITEM - THIS IS LIKELY A BUG IN THE ORIGINAL PROGRAM)
  • eWP_Explosive = Counts as an ??explosive?? (NEED TO TEST THIS EFFECT ON OTHER ITEMS)
  • eWP_Support = Adds the "Support" class restriction to an item, allows the Support class to equip it.
  • eWP_Integrated = Appears on SHIV weapons, possibly prevents changing loadout. (NEED MORE INFO)
  • eWP_Melee = Adds the "Melee" trait to a weapon making its attacks melee only. (NEED MORE INFO)

Section 3 - Armor

Armor are just what they seem to be, they are the item that your character wears in the Armor slot. At this time there does not appear to be a way to add additional armors to the game, however you can modify the existing armors to add various effects. I am going to list the effects that I know from personal experience can be changed at this time. Again, additional feedback is requested.

Armors use the following format Which can be broken down into THREE distinct segments; Abilities, Properties, and Stats:

Armors=(ABILITIES[0]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[1]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[2]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[3]=eAbility_NONE,Properties[0]=eAP_None,Properties[1]=eAP_None,Properties[2]
=eAP_None,Properties[3]=eAP_None,iType=eItem_ArmorKevlar,iHPBonus=1,iDefenseBonus=0,iFlightFuel=0,iWillBonus=0,iLargeItems=1,iSmallItems=1,iMobilityBonus=0)

The first segment is Abilities and appears be limited to a maximum of THREE abilities, I have not tested adding more then THREE abilities at this time and it may be possible to add more. Abilities that are known to be interchangable are:

Fly - Gives the flight command, requires the iFlightFuel=XX stat to have a number greater then 0 to activate, uses fuel on each turn.

Ghost - Gives the ghost command making your unit invisible until the next turn or they attack, grants 4 uses. There doesn't appear to be a way to increase use count at this time.

RESERVED FOR FUTURE ADDITIONS

The Second segment is Properties and appears be limited to a maximum of THREE properties however I have not tested adding more then THREE properties at this time and it may be possible to add more. Properties that are know to be interchangable are:

Grapple - Gives the ability to use the grapple command to move to higher terrain.

RESERVED FOR FUTUTE ADDTIONS

The Third Segment is Stats which grant flat bonus's to units that have the item equipped are are relatively self explanatory. Here is a breakdown of each of the stats:

iType = This is the ITEM REFERENCE for the game, DO NOT CHANGE THIS AS THIS IS HOW THE GAME IDENTIFIES WHICH ARMOR IS WHICH.

iHPBonus = This is the amount bonus HP that the armor grants to the unit. Can be a POSITIVE/NEGATIVE number for Bonus/Penalty.

iDefenseBonus = This is the amount of bonus Defense the armor grants to the unit. Can be a POSITIVE/NEGATIVE number for Bonus/Penalty. For reference, partial/full cover grant 20/40 defense.

iFlightFuel = This is the amount of "Fuel" the armor has to maintain flight and is required if you intend to use the Fly ability. One fuel per round of flight.

iWillBonus = This is the amount of bonus WILL that the armor grants to the units. Can be a POSITIVE/NEGATIVE number for Bonus/Penalty.

iLargeItems = This is the number of "Large" item slots the armor has. (I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS SETTING)

iSmallItems = This is the number os "Small" item slots the armor has. Increasing this number adds addtional backpack slots, however it seems that making it THREE or greater breaks the ability to add items to the backpack during loadout.

iMobilityBonus = This is the amount of bonus MOBILITY points that the armor grants, allowing the unit to move further in combat. Can be a POSITIVE/NEGATIVE number for Bonus/Penalty.

Section 4 - Weapons

Weapons are anything UNITS use in the game to do damage or cause some kind of effect, not just guns. This means Guns, Grenades, Medkits, Arc Throwers.. you name it, if it does something and isn't armor, this is where it belongs. They follow a very similar pattern layout as armors, only instead of being limited to 4 total abilities or properties, they are limited to 6. Weapons can be a little more complicated then armor, as you can change the "Type" of a weapon and still use the weapon for it's original purpose, which is why I choose the Arc Thrower as my code demonstration. So lets break it down segment by segment, here is an example of what a weapon entry looks like:

Weapons=iType=eItem_ArcThrower,ABILITIES[0]=eAbility_ShotStun,ABILITIES[1]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[2]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[3]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[4]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[5]=eAbility_NONE,Properties[0]=eWP_None,Properties[1]=eWP_NoReload,Properties[2]=eWP_CantReact,Properties[3]=eWP_Secondary,Properties[4]=eWP_Backpack,Properties[5]=eWP_None,iDamage=0,iEnvironmentDamage=0,iRange=27,iReactionRange=-1,iReactionAngle=200,iRadius=0,iCritical=0,iOffenseBonus=0,iSuppression=0,iSize=eItemSize_Small,iHPBonus=0,iWillBonus=0)

First you have the iType=eItem_ArcThrower listing. Again, like with armors and everything else in this game you DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE THIS SETTING. It is how the game identifies the line in the config file as the source for the settings for that item.

Next up you have the ABILITIES section, which determines everything that the item can do. In the case of the Arc Thrower you can see that it has the ability to STUN (ShotStun) and thats it. But by adding the ability (ShotStandard) to one of the ability sections, you can now shoot the ArcThrower as if it were a gun.. but not quite yet, because it still resides in your backpack (Properties[4]=eWP_Backpack) and therefore can't be switched to for weapon use.

Which brings us to PROPERTIES, which set how the item will do what it does and where it will reside on the character load-out. By looking at the Arc Thrower you can see that it has the Properties of NoReload (cant be reloaded), CantReact (cant be used for reaction shots), Secondary (still working out what that means), and BackPack (uses a backpack slot and not a weapon slot). So lets work on changing these around a little to make the Arc Thrower function like a normal pistol (Stun Gun). First you raplace Backpack with Pistol, so that it not longer uses a Backpack slot, but instead uses the Pistol slot, you also need to remove Secondary and replace it with NONE so you can actually fire it as a standard weapon. Then you replace the NoReload with UnlimitedAmmo so that, like every other pistol, it never runs out of AMMO (note this does NOT effect stun charges). If you want to be able to use the Arc Thrower for overwatch, replace the CantReact with NONE to remove that limitation. You can now use your Arc Thrower in the Pistol slot of your character sheets (except of heavy class). But wait! How much damage will it do, which brings us to the "Stats" of the weapon section. NOTE!!! I already stated this elsewhere but I am getting questions about it: , CHANGING THE ARC THROWER TO A PISTOL DOES NOT INCREASE THE NUMBER OF STUN SHOTS YOU GET! YOU CAN EITHER A) USE IT TO STUN TWO TIMES OR B) FIRE IT LIKE A NORMAL PISTOL. FIRING IT LIKE A NORMAL PISTOL DOES DAMAGE JUST LIKE A PISTOL WOULD AND CONSUMES STUN CHARGES BUT CAN KEEP BEING FIRED BEYOND TWO TIMES. IN OTHER WORDS AFTER YOU FIRE IT TWO TIMES YOU CAN NO LONGER STUN WITH IT.

Stats:

• iDamage=0 - This is the BASE damage of the weapon for attack made with this weapon
  • iEnvironmentDamage=0 - This is the amount of damage this weapon will do to the environment
  • iRange=27 - This is the range at which you can use the ABILITIES of the weapon (NOT SHOT RANGE). This is still limited by hard coded limited on things like the Arc Thrower and Med Kit, but it will effect things like Grenades, Rockets, or Abilities like "Head Shot". IE, how far you can throw that grenade, shoot that rocket, or how close someone has to be for your to use head shot on them.
  • iReactionRange=-1 - This setting determines how close an enemy has to be before you will take a reaction shot (Overwatch). A setting of -1 means unlimited range (which most weapons have). If your tired of your guys wasting their reaction shots shooting at things with no chance of hitting, change this to like 20 so they wait for the enemies to get closer.
  • iReactionAngle=200 - This is the "Angle" that a reaction shot will take place in (of a total of 360 degrees) vs the direction your unit is facing. I personally find the facing mechanics in XCOM to be questionable, so I have adjust all reaction angles to be 360 vs their defaults of 200 in my mods
  • iRadius=0 - This is the AOE (Area of Effect) for abilities that have an one (Grenades, Rockets, Smoke, etc). By making this number larger, you will effect a much larger area. Try setting this to 5x its delault on one of the rocket launchers and then laugh as you lay waste to the entire map with a rocket.. good times.
  • iCritical=0 - This is the CRITICAL HIT CHANCE of the weapon, not counting outside modifiers granted by your character or other factors.
  • iOffenseBonus=0 - This is the bonus AIM that having this weapon equipped grants
  • iSuppression=0 - I have no idea what this stat does (NEED MORE INFO) - Believed to be the AIM penalty applied to targets that are suppressed.
  • iSize=eItemSize_Small - Effects inventory usage and directly relates to ARMOR. IE, if your armor is limited to 1 heavy and 1 small item, this will use a small slot
  • iHPBonus=0 - This is the bonus HP that having this item equipped grants
  • iWillBonus=0 - This is the bonus WILL that having this item equipped grants.

So, to continue on with my example of turning the Arc Thrower into a Pistol weapon, you would need to set the iDamage to at least 1, the iEnvironmentDamage to at least 10 (So you can destroy the environment, or you could just leave it at 0). Now, when you got to the character loadout the Arc Thrower will no longer appear in the Backpack item section, but will show up in the Sidearm section. Have fun with your very own lightning gun, it has a GREAT shot animation, and I can't believe the original devs didn't make a tech tree line for "Lightning" based weapons...

Now, some of you may be looking at the iRange information I posted and thinking to yourself.. "If that is true, then how does the game determine how far my guys can shoot".. well, thats simple. You UNIT's have an effectively UNLIMITED shot range as long as two things are true. A) They can see their target (or can use the squad sight ability) and B) have a "Clear" line of fire (This second one is VERY ambiguous in the game, but trust me its true). So, what determines what they can "See".. well, that would be the "Sight Range" of the character in the character section, however there is an issue with increasing that sight range beyond default in that the "Animations" that are played when you spot enemies causes the game to crash on loading some missions since you can "See" them before you units actually "Land"... If someone can figure out a work around that would be nice, I personally hate those animations and want them gone.. The "Clear Line of Sight" code for this game is a MAJOR FLAW in the game and if you check the official support forums there are many threads about the issues caused by it already, and hopefully there will be a patch to fix it sometime in the future. I personally love the situations where I am standing "Back to Back" with an alien and can't shot him because the game decided that since I am using cover that I am "Looking" away from the alien and therefore can not see him... good times...

Section 5 - Characters

Characters are the UNITS that engage in battle during tactical missions, and have a variety of abilities and properties. I have not extensively tested adding or removing abilities to characters so I dont have a list of what can and can not be done to these yet, however I will break down what I DO know about them. In the case of player Soldiers this information is pulled for the initial soldiers you are given at the start of the game, and then modified with the difficulty setting bonus/penalties. However any additional soldiers you recruit appear to pull from a different set of references. This could be, and probably is, a bug in the main game code that may be fixed in a future patch.

Characters use the following format which can be broken down into FOUR distinct segments; Stats, Abilities, Properties, and "Functions" (for lack of a better word coming to mind at the moment)

Characters=(iType=eChar_None,HP=1,Offense=0,Defense=0,Mobility=12,SightRadius=27,Will=0,Psionics=20,CritHitChance=0,CritWoundChance=0,FlightFuel=0,Reaction=0,ABILITIES[0]
=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[1]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[2]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[3]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[4]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[5]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[6]
=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[7]=eAbility_NONE,Properties[0]=eCP_None,Properties[1]=eCP_None,Properties[2]=eCP_None,Properties[3]=eCP_None,Properties[4]=eCP_None,Properties[5]
=eCP_None,bCanUse_eTraversal_Normal=False,bCanUse_eTraversal_ClimbOver=False,bCanUse_eTraversal_ClimbOnto=False,bCanUse_eTraversal_ClimbLadder=False,bCanUse_eTraversal_DropDown=False,b
CanUse_eTraversal_Grapple=False,bCanUse_eTraversal_Landing=False,bCanUse_eTraversal_BreakWindow=False,bCanUse_eTraversal_KickDoor=False,bCanUse_eTraversal_JumpUp=False,bCanUse_eTravers
al_WallClimb=False,bCanUse_eTraversal_BreakWall=False,eClass=eSC_None,bHasPsiGift=False)

The first segment is BASE stats that the character will have before any bonus's or penalties are applied. In the case of player Soldiers these stats are pulled for the initial soldiers you are given at the start of the game, and then modified with the difficulty setting bonus/penalties. However any additional soldiers you recruit appear to pull from a different set of stats altogether. This could be, and probably is, a bug in the main game code that may be fixed in a future patch.

Stats:

• iType = This the CHARACTER REFERENCE for the game, DO NOT CHANGE THIS AS THIS IS HOW THE GAME IDENTIFIES WHICH CHARACTER IS WHICH.
  • HP = BASE HP of UNIT before modifiers
  • Offense = BASE AIM of UNIT before modifiers
  • Defense = BASE DEFENSE of UNIT before modifiers
  • Mobility = BASE MOBILITY of UNIT before modifiers (NOTE* Increasing this higher then default breaks the tutorial missions)
  • SightRadius = Sight Range of UNIT in tiles. (NOTE* Setting this higher then default causes the game to crash on loading some missions - possibly due to triggering a glam cam of the aliens before the ship lands)
  • Will = BASE Will of UNIT before modifiers
  • Psionics = NO IDEA HOW THIS STAT EFFECTS ANYTHING (NEED MORE INFO)
  • CritHitChance = BASE chance to inflict a critical hit before modifiers
  • CritWoundChance = NO IDEA HOW THIS STAT EFFECTS ANYTHING (NEED MORE INFO)
  • FlightFuel = This is the amount of "Fuel" a character has to maintain flight, required to use the FLY ability. (NOTE* Appears on Armor and Characters)
  • Reaction = Percent chance the UNIT will perform a reaction shot even when NOT on Overwatch. 100 = Always performs reaction shots. (For "Classic" Overwatch style gameplay set this to about 15%)

The second segment is Abilities and appears to be limited to a maximum of SEVEN Abilities however I have not tested adding more then SEVEN so it may be possible to do so. I had intended to included a list of abilities that I know can be swapped around however as I wrote before I have not tested swapping enough to be certain of many of them. Here are the few I did test:

CivilianCover = Gives the ability "Head Down" which provides a 10 Defense bonus when used, does not require cover. (Perhaps other effects as well but unknown to me)

TakeCover = Gives the ability "Hunker Down" which doubles the Cover Bonus and provides immunity to critical hits, reduces sight radius.

The Third segment is Properties and appears to be limited to a maximum of FIVE Properties however I have not tested adding more then FIVE so it may be possible to do so. I had intended to included a list of Properties that I know can be swapped around however as I wrote before I have not tested swapping enough to be certain of many of them. Here are the few I did test:

The Fourth segment, which I have termed "Fucntions" is made up of how the character is able to traverse the battlefield and effect its environemnt, made up by a series of TRUE/FALSE statements. These should be more or less self explanatory, but here are the details as I see them:

Functions:

• bCanUse_eTraversal_Normal=TRUE/False = Can move across normal terrain
  • bCanUse_eTraversal_ClimbOver=TRUE/False = Can "Vault" over objects like railings, fences, gravestones, etc.
  • bCanUse_eTraversal_ClimbOnto=TRUE/False = Can climb onto terrain that has stand-able spots and does not require a major height change. (for example, ground to "Porch")
  • bCanUse_eTraversal_ClimbLadder=TRUE/False = Can use ladders to change levels
  • bCanUse_eTraversal_DropDown=TRUE/False = Can drop from a higher level to a lower level without the use of a ladder/stairs
  • bCanUse_eTraversal_Grapple=TRUE/False = Can move to a higher level from a lower level without the use of a ladder/staris
  • bCanUse_eTraversal_Landing=TRUE/False = NO IDEA, PERHAPS TIED TO THE FLY ABILITY SO THAT A CHARACTER TO MOVE FROM FLYING TO WALKING
  • bCanUse_eTraversal_BreakWindow=TRUE/False = Can move through windows by breaking them
  • bCanUse_eTraversal_KickDoor=TRUE/False = Can move through doors by kicking them open
  • bCanUse_eTraversal_JumpUp=TRUE/False = Can do a "Leap" onto higher terrain (Thinmen/Chryssalids)
  • bCanUse_eTraversal_WallClimb=TRUE/False = Similar to climb ladder, treats walls as ladders for the purpose of changing levels
  • bCanUse_eTraversal_BreakWall=TRUE/False = Can knock down walls to move through them. Does not work for player controlled units
  • eClass=eSC_None = Is the CLASS of the UNIT (Support/Heavy/Sniper/Assault) (I RECOMMEND NOT CHANGING THIS AS I HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT WILL EFFECT RANKING UP FROM ROOKIE TO SQUADDIE)
  • bHasPsiGift=TRUE/False = Sets the can use PSI abilities flag. Does not appear to effect anything

Section 6 - Soldier/NPC UNIT Balance Mods

This section of the DefaultGameCore.INI deals with bonus's/penalties units get on the various difficulty settings, as well as stat increases related to leveling up and few various other settings. Things that should be noted here are that the penalties and bonus's applied to your SOLDIERS in this secion only appear to effect the soldiers you START the game with, NOT soldiers you recruit later. This is likely a bug/unintentional behavior and may be fixed in a future patch. Also of note is that the difficulties listed are NOT the difficulties displayed in game. Easy is still Easy, Normal is Still Normal, Hard is listed as CLASSIC in game, and Classic is listed as IMPOSSIBLE in game. So keep that in mind when you adjust "Classic" settings in the INI you are actually adjusting IMPOSSIBLE settings in the game.

First lets look at the UNIT bonus Penalty table, which is laid out like this:

BalanceMods_Easy=(eType=eChar_None, iDamage=0, iCritHit=0, iAim=0, iDefense=0, iHP=0, iMobility=0, iWill=0)

Each MODE has its own sperate table, designated by BalanceMods_EASY, NORMAL, HARD, or CLASSiC. Each table has an entry for every UNIT type designated by eType=eChar_UNITTYPENAME, then followed by the bonus's and penalties applied to that unit. If you look back at the CHARACTERS section, you can see what each stat does, what the BASE is for that stat, and then see how the bonus/penalty will effect that unit. All of these settings should be self explanatory but if they are not you can reference back to my previous explanations of what each stat does and figure it out from there.

Next you have a small section dealing with soldiers level up bonus's which is laid out first by listing the WILL gains that all soldiers get upon leveling, and then showing what each individual class gets at each rank. Note that this is NOT broken down to difficulty modes, so no matter what difficulty you play at your soldiers will always use the same tables for stat progression. First I'll cover the WILL increase, listed at thier default values:

iRandWillIncrease=6 (This is the random amount of will every soldier gains upon leveling up, listed as the number 6 to mean 1 to 6. A soldier will gain anywhere from 1 to 6 will upon leveling up)

iBaseOTSWillIncrease=2 (This is the FLAT will increase soldiers get once you have reseached IRON WILL in the Officer Training School, meaning every soldier will get 2 additional WILL for every level up)

iRandOTSWillIncrease=4 (This is the RANDOM will increase soldeiers get once you have researched IRON WILL in the Officer Training School, meaning every solder will get a random amount between 1 and 4 upon leveling up)

With the default settings and with Iron Will your soldiers are capable of getting anywhere from 4 to 12 WILL upon every level up. 1d6+1d4+2 (If you prefer the DICE method)

Next you have the listing for each class:

SoldierStatProgression=(eClass=eSC_Support, eRank=eRank_Squaddie,	iHP=1, iAim=5, iWill=2, iDefense=0, iMobility=0 )

eClass=eSC_Support(HeavyWeapons, Assualt, or Sniper) = Is the CLASS designation for the listing.

eRank=eRank_Squaddie(or other rank) = Is the RANK that any soldier of that class will recieve the bonus's listed

iHP = The number of additional HP given at that rank

iAim = The amount of AIM given at that rank

iWill = The amount of WILL given at that rank (note this is in addition to the random will increase listed earlier that all soldiers get regardless of class)

iDefense = THIS DOES NOTHING!! It should give bonus defense on rank up, however this setting appears to not function.

iMobility = Gives additional movements points at that rank.

Section 7 - Country Fundinig Balance Mods

This section deals with the funding you recieve on a monthly basis from the various contries you have satelite coverage for. The settings here are SEEM fairly straight forward, but I'll give a quick rundown of them just the same as some may not actually DO anything. The first part is the FUNDING MULTIPLIER listed out like this:

; Funding Multiplier by Difficulty Level (Easy,Normal,Classic,Impossible)

FundingBalance=1.5

FundingBalance=1

FundingBalance=1

FundingBalance=1

The order in which those appear seems to be the only determining factor for thier use, and it would seem that this setting only effects the funding from countries with satellites, the funding you get from council missions/abductions is handled elsewhere. This is a MULTIPLIER so leaving it at 1 means you get DEFUALT funding, increasing or decreasing it means you get less/more fundint. 2 would be TWICE and .5 would be HALF.

Next up is the country list, which has 36 countires listed as possible funding sources, but only 16 of which show up in game as being capable of sending a satellite to. Perhaps there are 36 for future DLC? Or maybe it was done for country specific versions of the game? Who knows. You can easily edit these values to be whatever you want, however remember that any value that is currently listed as ZERO(0) will NOT add that country to the list of countries you can send satellites to, and seem to have no effect on the game at all.

; Country Funding Amounts

FundingAmounts=180 ;USA

FundingAmounts=150 ;Russia

FundingAmounts=100 ;China

FundingAmounts=100 ;UK

FundingAmounts=100 ;Germany

FundingAmounts=80 ;France

FundingAmounts=100 ;Japan

FundingAmounts=60 ;India

FundingAmounts=60 ;Australia

FundingAmounts=0 ;Italy

FundingAmounts=0 ;SouthKorea

FundingAmounts=0 ;Turkey

FundingAmounts=0 ;Indonesia

FundingAmounts=0 ;Spain

FundingAmounts=0 ;Pakistan

FundingAmounts=100 ;Canada

FundingAmounts=0 ;Iran

FundingAmounts=0 ;Israel

FundingAmounts=70 ;Egypt

FundingAmounts=80 ;Brazil

FundingAmounts=70 ;Argentina

FundingAmounts=50 ;Mexico

FundingAmounts=80 ;SouthAfrica

FundingAmounts=0 ;SaudiArabia

FundingAmounts=0 ;Ukraine

FundingAmounts=100 ;Nigeria

FundingAmounts=0 ;Venezuela

FundingAmounts=0 ;Greece

FundingAmounts=0 ;Columbia

FundingAmounts=0 ;Portugal

FundingAmounts=0 ;Sweden

FundingAmounts=0 ;Ireland

FundingAmounts=0 ;Scotland

FundingAmounts=0 ;Norway

FundingAmounts=0 ;Netherlands

FundingAmounts=0 ;Belgium

Finally, there is the CONTINENT bonus sections, that dictates the number of scientists and engineers you get for each continent per difficulty level. This again is a fairly straight forward list of settings that follows this format:

ContBalance_Easy=(eCont=eContinent_Africa, iEngineers1=1, iScientists1=0, iEngineers2=2, iScientists2=1, iEngineers3=3, iScientists3=2 )

ContBalance_Easy(Normal,Hard,Classic) = the game mode difficulty setting for the bonus scientists/engineers

Cont=eContinent_Africa(Asia, Europe, NorthAmerica, SouthAmerica) = the continent that grants those bonus

iEngineers/ScientistsY=X = Y is the Number of satellites you need and X is the number of Scientists or Engineers you get for having that many satellites in that continent.

Section 8 - Various other settings

From this point forward I am going to adopt a different format, because upon further consideration I think it makes more sense then what I have been doing. I am going to simply COPY THE INI DIRECTLY AND THEN EDIT IN COMMMENTS AND FINDINGS ABOUT CERTAIN SECTIONS AS I BELIEVE IT WILL BE LESS TEDIOUS TO READ AND DO.. SO HERE GOES:

Psi XP Levels (NONE, 1, 2, 3, Volunteer) - Psi XP Levels are the XP required to reach each "Rank" of Psi Abilities. None and Rank 1 require 0 Psi XP for obvious reasons, and rank "Volunteer" has what appears to be a setting meant to prevent anyone from ever getting that much Psi XP. I'm guessing thats because there are only 3 RANKS built into the game, and getting a 4th rank would somehow break the game.

m_iPsiXPLevels=0

m_iPsiXPLevels=0

m_iPsiXPLevels=50

m_iPsiXPLevels=120

m_iPsiXPLevels=10000000

Soldier XP Levels (Rookie, Squaddie, Corporal, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Colonel) - Soldier XP Levels are the amount of XP needed to reach each of the available ranks for your soldiers. This is a pretty straight forward setting that can be easily adjusted to make your soldier rank up slower/faster.

m_iSoldierXPLevels=0

m_iSoldierXPLevels=90

m_iSoldierXPLevels=300

m_iSoldierXPLevels=510

m_iSoldierXPLevels=745

m_iSoldierXPLevels=1100

m_iSoldierXPLevels=1560

m_iSoldierXPLevels=2150

Tactical constants - I believe the Tactical Constants section is the BASE materials you'll get from killing one of these units, however I have not tested it out.

CYBERDISC_ELERIUM=4

HFLOATER_ELERIUM=2

DRONE_ELERIUM=2

SECTOPOD_ELERIUM=10

CYBERDISC_ALLOYS=8

HFLOATER_ALLOYS=4

DRONE_ALLOYS=4

SECTOPOD_ALLOYS=15

I have no idea what MIN SCATTER is supposed to do and or mean, if anyone knows please post about it.

MIN_SCATTER=90

This appears to be the "Chance" that your soldiers or other NPC units will attempt to shoot a target (friendly or enmey) when they panic. I believe it is a shortened percent, meaning its a 50% chance. However I am not certain and more input is needed.

SHOOT_WHEN_PANICKED=5

Chance of off screen kills resulting in zombies on Chryssalid terror missions (Easy,Normal,Classic,Impossible) - A Setting of 1 means you ALWAYS get zombies, even if the kill occurred off screen. A setting of .5 is a 50% chance for off screen zombies, and 0 is no chance of off screen zombies. Note that ON SCREEN Chysallid kills will always turn into zombies regardless of this setting as long as you don't end the match before they can convert. IE. A body that has not yet gotten up as a Zombie will NOT keep a match going.

TerrorInfectionChance=0

TerrorInfectionChance=0

TerrorInfectionChance=0.5

TerrorInfectionChance=1

Similar to SHOOT WHEN PANICKED, I believe this is a percent chance that a Thinman will use its Plague ability if its available.

ThinManPlagueSlider=5

ThinManPlagueSlider=5

ThinManPlagueSlider=10

ThinManPlagueSlider=10

Similar to SHOOT WHEN PANICKED, I believe this is a percent chance that a Cyberdisc will use its Death Blossom ability, however the presence of the 20 on Impossible difficulty makes me wonder about the percentage

DeathBlossomSlider=5

DeathBlossomSlider=5

DeathBlossomSlider=10

DeathBlossomSlider=20

Same as above, only this is the chance that a Muton will use Blood Call.

BloodCallSlider=5

BloodCallSlider=5

BloodCallSlider=10

BloodCallSlider=10

Same as above, only this is the chance that an alien who can use grenades, will use grenades. The presence of 0.25 here makes me wonder about the chances, as I have seen grenades used often enough on normal to know its not 0.25% chance. We really need someone to find the reference point in the code to where this number is used in a calculation.

AlienGrenadeSlider=0.25

AlienGrenadeSlider=0.25

AlienGrenadeSlider=1

AlienGrenadeSlider=10

Maximum number of aliens that can be attacking you at one time. -1 == no limit - This setting determines the Maximum number of units who will make attacks per round, not just against you, but also against NPC civilians. Setting this higher/lower has an major effect on "Terror" missions as the off screen aliens will just go to town killing civilians. Combine with Off Screen infection chance for good times!!

MaxActiveAIUnits=5

MaxActiveAIUnits=5

MaxActiveAIUnits=-1

MaxActiveAIUnits=-1

Settings for dictating the distances for Shotgun(s) and Sniper Weapon(s) accuracy thresholds. CLOSE_RANGE is the distance in squares that a shotgun loses accuracy for shooting a target further away, or the Sniper Rifle loses accuracy for shooting a target closer then. ASSUALT_LONG_ANGE_MAX_PENALTY is the Maximum penalty any weapont will incur, meaning no matter how far a target is away you will never incur more then a 40 AIM Penalty (or whatever you set this to). AIM Climb is the penalty NON-Sniper weapons get for every square of distance between them and the target, in this case a 3 AIM penalty per distance square. ASSUALT_AIM_CLIMB performs the same function, only it applies to shotguns. Sniper_AIM_FALL does the same thing in reverse for every square CLOSER to the target under the CLOSE-RANGE threshold.

CLOSE_RANGE = 14.0f

ASSAULT_LONG_RANGE_MAX_PENALTY = -40

AIM_CLIMB = 3.0f

ASSAULT_AIM_CLIMB = 4f

SNIPER_AIM_FALL = -2.0f

Percentile chances that a UFO will linger(LURK) after it has completed its mission, allowing it to be spotted and attacked on the geoscape.

ABDUCTION_LURK_PCT=50

SMALL_UFO_LURK_PCT=0

LARGE_UFO_LURK_PCT=50

The MAXIMUM movement units a use of the grapple ability will move you. As far as I can tell, the game counts all height (Z) level changes as a single point of movement, which is why ; the grapple and rank you to the top of buildings from really far away. Setting this higher/lower will of course increase/decrease the distance you can grapple onto roofs.

GRAPPLE_DIST=15

The percentage of the original shot damage value that can contribute to the critical damage, for example in tabletop terms: If BASE damage of 10 means you can get a critical hit of up to 90% (9) meaning total possible damage = 19. I've lowered this to 50 and critical hits (total damage shown) are lower as anticipated. Worth bearing in mind that just because your base damage is 10, it doesnt mean you will HIT for 10... you may hit for 5, meaning your critical damage max would then be 4 = 9

MAX_CRIT_WOUND=90

No idea what these do, but they appear to follow the same setting system of (Easy,Normal,Classic,Impossible). More information is needed.

FragmentBalance=0.25

FragmentBalance=0.25

FragmentBalance=0.25

FragmentBalance=0.25

; Strategy Game Constants

ABDUCTION_REWARD_CASH=200

ABDUCTION_REWARD_SCI=4

ABDUCTION_REWARD_ENG=4

; Covers how much cash/scientists/engineers you are awarded when you complete an Abduction Mission.

COUNCIL_DAY=20

; Not sure but I believe its the minimum number of days that must pass before a new council mission is offered

COUNCIL_RAND_DAYS=7

; Not sure but I believe its the RANDOM number of days AFTER the minimum above that the next council mission will appear. SET BOTH TO 1 to have them every day??? NEED TO TEST!!!

COUNCIL_FUNDING_MULTIPLIER_EASY = 1.5f

COUNCIL_FUNDING_MULTIPLIER_NORMAL = 1

COUNCIL_FUNDING_MULTIPLIER_HARD = 1

COUNCIL_FUNDING_MULTIPLIER_CLASSIC= 1

; Similar to the funding multiplier for Satelites in the previous section, these setting multiple the amount of CASH funding you get for the random council missions.

ShowUFOsOnMission=0

; Detect the UFOs that are carrying out abductions and terror missions BEFORE they start them, this allows you to shoot down the UFO's before hand.

AI_TERRORIZE_MOST_PANICKED = 75

; Chance that the Terror Attack will occur in the MOST PANICKED country. This of course gives you the chance to lower panick in those countries by completing the mission, basicly a ; game saver as long as you dont screw up the mission.

Havent entirely worked this out yet but essentially you have UFOs flying around all the time, unseen by the player. Generally the player gets to see 1 UFO per month with a percentile chance of a second UFO becomming visible, early & late referring to before & after the Alien Base assault mission is completed. UFO_LIMIT appears to be a cap on the # of UFOs that the player can be given in any month - so if the abduction/terror UFOs are enabled, then you will get the chance to see only 2 total, regarldess of "second-chance" UFOs flying around. When I upped this to 4 I encountered a "standard" UFO, an abduction UFO, then a third small UFO, which as it raised no other event, I can only assume was a "second chance" UFO (which i shot down and got a mission for). I had raised both early and late UFO chance to 75.

(again, observable only, so subject to confirmation)

LATE_UFO_CHANCE = 50 ; Chance of Aliens sending out a second UFO in the months after you've defeated the base

EARLY_UFO_CHANCE = 50

UFO_LIMIT = 2

UFO_INTERCEPTION_PCT=66 ; Chance that a UFO will require interception - " I *think* that this is the percentage that any "Observed UFO" will need to be intercepted by the player i.e. is "made visible" to the player, so even if you get a second-chance UFO you may not need to intercept it - but that is pretty much a guess and only makes a lot of sense if the abduction/terror UFOs were enabled, so it may be legacy code..... Big chunk of guessing in there. :-0 "

Main Balance Factors - Make it cost more/less resources to build things vs BASE depending on what you set these to; 1 being BASE, 2 being TWO times BASE, 0.5 being half base. and 0 being FREE. Item time balance is a straight multiplier of the time required to build an item. e.g. ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_Satellite,iCash=150,iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=20, iEng=5) ITEM_TIME_BALANCE=3 will turn those 20 days into 60 days (tested, verified). Woorks with percentiles, so item balance = 1.2 will add 20% time to the iTime of each eItem.

TECH_TIME_BALANCE=6.66

ITEM_TIME_BALANCE=1

ITEM_CREDIT_BALANCE=1

ITEM_ELERIUM_BALANCE=1

ITEM_ALLOY_BALANCE=1

FACILITY_COST_BALANCE=1

FACILITY_MAINTENANCE_BALANCE=1

FACILITY_TIME_BALANCE=1

; (Easy,Normal,Classic,Impossible)

ALLOY_UFO_BALANCE=2.5

ALLOY_UFO_BALANCE=2

ALLOY_UFO_BALANCE=2

ALLOY_UFO_BALANCE=2

; Multiplier of Alloys you get from UFO's

; (Easy,Normal,Classic,Impossible)

UFO_ELERIUM_PER_POWER_SOURCE=30

UFO_ELERIUM_PER_POWER_SOURCE=25

; Amount of Elerium you get PER INTACT POWER SOURCE on a UFO you raid.

UFOAlloys=30 ;eShip_UFOSmallScout

UFOAlloys=60 ;eShip_UFOLargeScout

UFOAlloys=80 ;eShip_UFOAbductor

UFOAlloys=100 ;eShip_UFOSupply

UFOAlloys=130 ;eShip_UFOBattle

UFOAlloys=60 ;eShip_UFOEthereal

; The BASE Alloys each ship type gives BEFORE the ALLOY Multiplier is used.

MIN_WRECKED_ALLOYS=0.5

MAX_WRECKED_ALLOYS=0.9

MAX_LOST_WRECKED_ELERIUM=0.75

MIN_LOST_WRECKED_ELERIUM=0.5

; Percentages of Alloys/Elerium lost to damage/wreck. Not sure if this is done before or after the multiplier. So assuming a SMALL UFO on NORMAL MODE that was UNDAMAGED (set down) ; and you DIDN'T destroy any of its structure duing a mission the calc COULD be: BASE 30 x MULTIPLIER 2 x RANDOMIZED WRECK LOSS 0 in this case = 60 Alloy for perfect clear. Now, if ; you shot it down it would be a wreck and would then roll a RANDOM percent loss of total alloy between 50% and 90%. Hopefully my desciption explains how that works somewhat.

; Research/Laboratories

NUM_STARTING_SCIENTISTS=5

LAB_MINIMUM=6

LAB_MULTIPLE=5

LAB_BONUS=1.2

LAB_ADJACENCY_BONUS=1.1

; Number of starting scientists, the MINIMUM number of scientists you need for your first lab, then the MULTIPLE you need for each additional Lab (First at 6, second at 11, third at ; 16, etc). The time reduction bonus you get per lab, in this case 1.2 means you are getting a 20% BONUS per lab in research time reduction. Adjacency bonus of 1.1 works the same ; way, giving you a 10% additional bonus in time reduction.

; Engineering/Workshops

NUM_STARTING_ENGINEERS=5

WORKSHOP_MINIMUM=6

WORKSHOP_MULTIPLE=10

WORKSHOP_REBATE_PCT=7

WORKSHOP_ENG_BONUS=5

; Identical to the research/lab section, only for engineers. Here the percentages are clearly stated as such, so for each adjacent lab you are getting a 7% cost REFUND (not ; reduction) on foundry projects, item building, and facility building. ENG BONUS is the number of engineers each workshop gives.

UPLINK_MULTIPLE=10

NEXUS_MULTIPLE=15

; Uplink/Nexus multiple is the number of Engineers you need AFTER the first one is built. So your first Satellite uplink required 5, then 15, then 25, then 35.

; Soldier Values

NUM_STARTING_SOLDIERS=12

BARRACKS_CAPACITY=99

; The number of Soldiers you start the game with and the maximum number of soldiers you can have recuited at one time.

When "Second Wave" is enabled and you use the "Not Created Equally" setting, the Soldiers you starts the game with will have a RANDOM stat value between the LOW and the HIGH values listed here (NOTE* Overrides stats listed on the SOLDIER character profile). Your rookie recruits will have the values listed in the ROOKIE section.

• LOW_AIM=50
  • HIGH_AIM=80
  • LOW_MOBILITY=12
  • HIGH_MOBILITY=14
  • LOW_WILL=20
  • HIGH_WILL=60
  • ROOKIE_AIM=65
  • ROOKIE_MOBILITY=12
  • ROOKIE_STARTING_WILL=40

PSI_GIFT_CHANCE=4

; This number is used in a calculation to determine the % chance that a soldier will have the Psi gift. LOWER numbers INCREASE the chance, HIGHER numbers decrease the chance. If you ; want more soldiers to be Psionic make this a 0.

PSI_TEST_LIMIT=5

; I have no idea what PSI TEST LIMIT does

PSI_TRAINING_HOURS=240

PSI_NUM_TRAINING_SLOTS=3

; Training hourse is the number of hours it takes to test for Psionic ability (24hr a day, 240 = 10days). Training slots is the number of slots in the training facility, default being ; 3 of course. I have raised this at high as 7 with no problems, it can probably go higher but I have not tested it higher then 7.

BASE_DAYS_INJURED = 4

RAND_DAYS_INJURED = 6

; When a soldier is injured on a mission this is the BASE and then RANDOM ADDITIONAL days it takes before the soldier is fully healed and able to return to combat. 1d6+4

SOLDIER_COST=10

SOLDIER_COST_HARD=15

SOLDIER_COST_CLASSIC=15

; How much money it takes to recruit soldiers, per difficulty level.

;Tank Values

BASE_DAYS_INJURED_TANK = 1

RAND_DAYS_INJURED_TANK = 4

ALLOY_SHIV_HP_BONUS = 8

HOVER_SHIV_HP_BONUS = 8

; Settings related to SHIVS (Known at TANKS in most settings). Base days to repair + random days, 1d4+1. How many base HP they have. Again, since the SHIVS are now listed as ; CHARACTERS in the Character Profile section, I am not sure that these HP numbers are actually used for anything.

; Headquarters Values (Easy,Normal,Classic,Impossible)

HQ_STARTING_MONEY = 100 ; money you start with on all difficulty settings (NOTE IT IS EFFECTED BY THE FUNDING MULTIPLIER)

BASE_FUNDING = 175 ; BASE money you get each month, before income from satelites are added (Easy,Normal,Classic,Impossible)

BASE_FUNDING = 175

BASE_FUNDING = 75

BASE_FUNDING = 50

HQ_BASE_POWER = 40 ;BASE Power that your Base has. (Easy,Normal,Classic,Impossible)

HQ_BASE_POWER = 35

HQ_BASE_POWER = 30

HQ_BASE_POWER = 30

POWER_NORMAL = 6

POWER_THERMAL = 20

POWER_ELERIUM = 30

POWER_ADJACENCY_BONUS = 2

; The amount of additional power that each generator type will create and the adjacency bonus for having multiple generators next to each other.

NUM_STARTING_STEAM_VENTS = 3

; This appears to be the RANDOM number of steam vents you can have, ranging from 1-3 in the case of default settings. Increase for more possible steam vents. Note that the MAXIMUM ; number of occupiable spaces in the BASE is 35 (7x5). Increasing this number HIGHER then 35 may cause bugs/crashes if you happen to randomly get more then then 35 possible steam ; vents.

INTERCEPTOR_REFUEL_RATE=24

INTERCEPTOR_REPAIR_HOURS=168

INTERCEPTOR_REARM_HOURS = 24

INTERCEPTOR_TRANSFER_TIME = 72

; Listed in HOURS how long it takes to Refuel, Repair (regardless of how much damage), Rearm (change weapons), or Transfer to a new continent.

BASE_SKYRANGER_MAINTENANCE = 20

SKYRANGER_CAPACITY = 4

; How much CASH it costs per month to maintain your skyranger (a setting that I think is stupid as you will ALWAYS have one and you can't build more.. so why is this even a setting, ; perhaps in a previous build you could have more then one.. who knows). And BASE Squad size BEFORE Officer training school upgrades. You could set this to 6 to have a squad size of ; 6 right off, but increasing it beyond 6 seems to cause problems. Please check the increased squad size thread for more info on this.

UPLINK_CAPACITY = 2

UPLINK_ADJACENCY_BONUS = 1

NEXUS_CAPACITY = 4

; How many satellites each Satilite uplink type can support. Basic is 2, Nexus is 4, and adjancency is 1 additional per.

; Base Building Values

NUM_TERRAIN_WIDE = 7

NUM_TERRAIN_HIGH = 5

; Seems to relate to the number of spaces you have to work with to build facilities, however INCREASING these settings appears to do nothing, however I have not tried DECREASING....

BASE_EXCAVATE_CASH_COST = 10

BASE_REMOVE_CASH_COST = 5

BASE_EXCAVATE_DAYS = 5

BASE_REMOVAL_DAYS = 0

; Pretty self explanatory, how much it costs to excavate a square BASE(BEFORE DEPTH MULTIPLIER), how many days it takes, and how much it costs to remove a facility and how many days it ; takes to remove. I personally think there was a typo here and they meant for it to be FREE to remove facilities but that it should take 5 days to do it... As the 5 credit cost is ; just stupid, and the instant removal of a facility which took days to build.(or dirt that took 5 days to remove) makes little to no sense.

;Mission Timers

UFO_CRASH_TIMER = 48

TERROR_TIMER = 30

UFO_LANDED_TIMER = 30

ABDUCTION_TIMER = 30

; How many hours you have to start the mission before it dissappears and you get the panick penalty for not doing the mission.

;UFO Values

UFO_PS_SURVIVE = 33

UFO_NAV_SURVIVE = 50

UFO_STASIS_SURVIVE = 25

UFO_SURGERY_SURVIVE = 25

UFO_ENTERTAINMENT_SURVIVE = 25

UFO_FOOD_SURVIVE = 25

UFO_HYPERWAVE_SURVIVE = 100

UFO_FUSION_SURVIVE = 100

UFO_PSI_LINK_SURVIVE = 100

; Percent chances that diffent "Goods" on UFO's will be intact after being shot down. PS = Power Source, NAV = Flight Navigation Computer, STASIS = Stasis Pod, Surgery = Alien Surgery ; Bed, and the rest dont need explaining.

UFO_FIND_STEALTH_SAT = 25

UFO_FIND_SAT = 100

UFO_SECOND_PASS_FIND_STEALTH_SAT=50

UFO_SECOND_PASS_FIND_SAT=100

; Percent chances that a UFO that is NOT shot down will find and destroy your satellite over that country.

;Panic Values

PANIC_TERROR_CONTINENT=2 ;How many PANICK points the continent gets from a terror attack

PANIC_TERROR_COUNTRY=2 ;How many PANICK points the country gets from a terror attack

PANIC_UFO_SHOOTDOWN=-1 ;Panic reduction for shooting down a UFO over a country for that country

PANIC_UFO_ASSAULT=-1 ;Panic reduction for assulting a landed/crashed UFO in a country

PANIC_SAT_DESTROYED_CONTINENT=1 ;Panic increase for the continent if a satelite is destroyed

PANIC_SAT_DESTROYED_COUNTRY=2 ;Panic increase of the country if a satelite is destroyed

PANIC_SAT_ADDED_COUNTRY=-2 ;Panic reduction for adding a satelite to a country

PANIC_SAT_ADDED_CONTINENT=0 ;Panic reduction for adding a satelite to a country for that countries continent

PANIC_ALIENBASE_CONQUERED=-2 ;GLOBAL panic reduction for completing the alien base assualt

PANIC_UFO_IGNORED=2 ;Panic increase for an ignoreed UFO in that country

PANIC_UFO_ESCAPED=1 ;Panic increase for an escaped UFO in that country

PANIC_ABDUCTION_COUNTRY_EASY=1 ;Panic added to a country for an Abduction mission going un-completed (EASY, NORMAL, CLASSIC, IMPOSSIBLE)

PANIC_ABDUCTION_COUNTRY_NORMAL=1

PANIC_ABDUCTION_COUNTRY_HARD=1

PANIC_ABDUCTION_COUNTRY_CLASSIC=2

PANIC_ABDUCTION_CONTINENT_EASY=1 ;Panic added to a coontinent for an Abduction mission going un-completed (EASY, NORMAL, CLASSIC, IMPOSSIBLE)

PANIC_ABDUCTION_CONTINENT_NORMAL=1

PANIC_ABDUCTION_CONTINENT_HARD=1

PANIC_ABDUCTION_CONTINENT_CLASSIC=1

PANIC_ABDUCTION_THWARTED_CONTINENT=0 ;Panic reduction for completing an Abduction mission for that continent

PANIC_ABDUCTION_THWARTED_COUNTRY=-3 ;Panic reductino for completeing an abduciton mission for that country

STARTING_PANIC_EASY=0 ; Total GLOBAL panic at the start of the game. (EASY, NORMAL, CLASSIC, IMPOSSIBLE)

STARTING_PANIC_NORMAL=0

STARTING_PANIC_HARD=8

STARTING_PANIC_CLASSIC=16

PANIC_DEFECT_THRESHHOLD_EASY=5 ;Amount of Panic needed for a country to leave the XCOM Project (starts the DEFECT CHANCE ROLLS)

PANIC_DEFECT_THRESHHOLD_NORMAL=5

PANIC_DEFECT_THRESHHOLD_HARD=5

PANIC_DEFECT_THRESHHOLD_CLASSIC=5

PANIC_DEFECT_THRESHHOLD_NOT_HELPED_EASY=5 ;If a country has X panic and you dont help it, it will leave 100% of the time.

PANIC_DEFECT_THRESHHOLD_NOT_HELPED_NORMAL=5

PANIC_DEFECT_THRESHHOLD_NOT_HELPED_HARD=5

PANIC_DEFECT_THRESHHOLD_NOT_HELPED_CLASSIC=5

PANIC_DEFECTIONS_PER_MONTH_EASY=1 ;Maximum number of countries that can leave the project per month due to panic

PANIC_DEFECTIONS_PER_MONTH_NORMAL=2

PANIC_DEFECTIONS_PER_MONTH_HARD=3

PANIC_DEFECTIONS_PER_MONTH_CLASSIC=8

; Percent Chance of defection based on the number of panic blocks a country has. NOTE THAT to even START checking, a country needs 5, so at a minimum there is a 50% chance a country will leave once the checking starts.

PANIC_DEFECT_CHANCE_PER_BLOCK_EASY=10

PANIC_DEFECT_CHANCE_PER_BLOCK_NORMAL=10

PANIC_DEFECT_CHANCE_PER_BLOCK_HARD=10

PANIC_DEFECT_CHANCE_PER_BLOCK_CLASSIC=10

SAT_HELP_DEFECT=1 ;If country has satellite, "Chance of Leaving"*SAT_HELP_DEFECT, BLOCK REDUCTION for the PANIC DEFECT CHANCE, basicly a 10% reduction in chance.

SAT_HELP_DEFECT=1

SAT_HELP_DEFECT=1

SAT_HELP_DEFECT=1

SAT_NEARBY_HELP_DEFECT=1 ;Else If continent has one or more satellite, "Chance of Leaving"*SAT_NEARBY_HELP_DEFECT BLOCK REDUCTION for the PANIC DEFECT CHANCE, basicly a 10% reduction in chance.

SAT_NEARBY_HELP_DEFECT=1

SAT_NEARBY_HELP_DEFECT=1

SAT_NEARBY_HELP_DEFECT=1

SAT_PANIC_REDUCTION_PER_MONTH=1 ;If a country has a satellite, it will remove panic once a month, but the chance of this happening is PANIC_REDUCTION_CHANCE

SAT_PANIC_REDUCTION_PER_MONTH=1

PANIC_5_REDUCTION_CHANCE=100 ;Percent chance that a country will reduce panic because it has a satelite, SEE ABOVE. PANIC LEVEL 5

PANIC_5_REDUCTION_CHANCE=100

PANIC_5_REDUCTION_CHANCE=50

PANIC_5_REDUCTION_CHANCE=50

PANIC_4_REDUCTION_CHANCE=50 ;SEE ABOVE, PANIC LEVEL 4

PANIC_4_REDUCTION_CHANCE=50

PANIC_4_REDUCTION_CHANCE=25

PANIC_4_REDUCTION_CHANCE=25

PANIC_LOW_REDUCTION_CHANCE=25 ;SEE ABOVE, PANIC LEVEL 3 or LESS

PANIC_LOW_REDUCTION_CHANCE=25

PANIC_LOW_REDUCTION_CHANCE=10

PANIC_LOW_REDUCTION_CHANCE=10

;Continent Bonuses

CB_FUNDING_BONUS=30

CB_FUTURECOMBAT_BONUS=50

CB_AIRANDSPACE_BONUS=50

CB_EXPERT_BONUS=50

; These directly relate to the percent bonus's you get for your starting continent and then for satelite coverage. NOTE that the south american bonus of instant interogation/autopsy ; is not listed. The bonus's are FUNDING BONUS (30% increased funding for Africa), FUTURE COMBAT (50% Foundry and OTS cost reduction, AIR AND SPACE(50% Aircraft build/maintenance ; reduction, EXPERT(50% reduction in cost of workshops/labs). All of these can be freely adjusted and the changes reflect in the game. You want to make things FREE go right ahead. ; lol

;Second Wave

ENABLE_SECOND_WAVE = 0

SW_FLANK_CRIT=100

SW_COVER_INCREASE=1.5f

SW_SATELLITE_INCREASE=1.45f

SW_ELERIUM_HALFLIFE=24

SW_ELERIUM_LOSS=0.05f

SW_ABDUCTION_SITES=4

SW_RARE_PSI=8

SW_MARATHON=2.0f

SW_MORE_POWER=2.0f

; Second Wave options are options that were originally intended to be enabled for additional playthroughs after you complete the game for the first time. The developers were not able ; to finish them completely so they may/may not work as intended. I do NOT recommend changing these settings other then ENABLING THEM (ENABLE_SECOND_WAVE = 1) as they may have many ; unintended game breaking consequences.

SPECIES_POINT_LIMIT=500

; NO IDEA WHAT SPECIES POINT LIMIT DOES

KILL_CAM_MIN_DIST=720.0

; Minimum distance at which a kill cam will trigger. Considering the MAXIMUM range for weapons in this game is 100 by default, this setting ensures that there will ALWAYS be a kill ; cam... oh those sorry sorry glam cams... I HAVE NOT PERSONALLY MESSED WITH THIS SETTING SO I COULD BE COMPLETELY WRONG ON ITS FUNCTIONALITY.

; Items - What follows is a list of all items in the game and the BASE cost for them. Use the table to determine item pricing.

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_Medikit, iCash=25, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=7, iEng=5)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_ArcThrower, iCash=35, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=7, iEng=5)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_TargetingModule, iCash=20, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=7, iEng=5)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_ReinforcedArmor, iCash=20, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=7, iEng=5)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_ChitinPlating, iCash=85, iElerium=0, iAlloys=10, iTime=7, iEng=15)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_CombatStims, iCash=50, iElerium=0, iAlloys=5, iTime=7, iEng=15)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_MindShield, iCash=150,iElerium=30,iAlloys=10, iTime=10, iEng=35)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_Skeleton_Key, iCash=25, iElerium=10,iAlloys=10, iTime=7, iEng=15)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_LaserPistol, iCash=10, iElerium=0, iAlloys=10, iTime=7, iEng=10)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_LaserAssaultRifle, iCash=25, iElerium=0, iAlloys=15, iTime=7, iEng=12)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_LaserAssaultGun, iCash=30, iElerium=0, iAlloys=25, iTime=7, iEng=12)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_LaserSniperRifle, iCash=35, iElerium=0, iAlloys=25, iTime=7, iEng=12)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_HeavyLaser, iCash=30, iElerium=0, iAlloys=25, iTime=7, iEng=12)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_PlasmaPistol, iCash=100,iElerium=10,iAlloys=20, iTime=10, iEng=20)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_PlasmaLightRifle, iCash=125,iElerium=15,iAlloys=20, iTime=10, iEng=20)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_PlasmaAssaultRifle, iCash=200,iElerium=20,iAlloys=30, iTime=10, iEng=20)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_AlloyCannon, iCash=200,iElerium=20,iAlloys=50, iTime=12, iEng=25)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_HeavyPlasma, iCash=250,iElerium=30,iAlloys=30, iTime=10, iEng=25)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_PlasmaSniperRifle, iCash=250,iElerium=25,iAlloys=30, iTime=15, iEng=25)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_BlasterLauncher, iCash=275,iElerium=65,iAlloys=50, iTime=15, iEng=35)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_ArmorCarapace, iCash=25, iElerium=0, iAlloys=15, iTime=10, iEng=10)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_ArmorSkeleton, iCash=30, iElerium=0, iAlloys=10, iTime=10, iEng=15)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_ArmorTitan, iCash=150,iElerium=10,iAlloys=35, iTime=10, iEng=25)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_ArmorArchAngel, iCash=200,iElerium=35,iAlloys=50, iTime=14, iEng=35)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_ArmorGhost, iCash=250,iElerium=50,iAlloys=40, iTime=14, iEng=40)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_ArmorPsi, iCash=400,iElerium=40,iAlloys=20, iTime=10, iEng=30)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_SHIV, iCash=50, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=7, iEng=5)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_SHIV_Alloy, iCash=75, iElerium=0, iAlloys=20, iTime=7, iEng=10)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_SHIV_Hover, iCash=100,iElerium=20,iAlloys=30, iTime=7, iEng=20)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_Interceptor, iCash=40, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_Firestorm, iCash=200,iElerium=20,iAlloys=40, iTime=14, iEng=20)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_Satellite, iCash=100,iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=20, iEng=5)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_IntWeap_I, iCash=35, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=7, iEng=5)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_IntWeap_III, iCash=35, iElerium=0, iAlloys=25, iTime=7, iEng=10)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_IntWeap_IV, iCash=100,iElerium=20,iAlloys=20, iTime=10, iEng=20)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_IntWeap_V, iCash=200,iElerium=20,iAlloys=30, iTime=10, iEng=30)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_IntWeap_VI, iCash=150,iElerium=20,iAlloys=30, iTime=10, iEng=35)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_IntConsumable_Hit, iCash=10, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=0, iEng=5)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_IntConsumable_Dodge, iCash=50, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=0, iEng=10)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_IntConsumable_Boost, iCash=20, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=0, iEng=10)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_Elerium115, iCash=3, iElerium=1, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_AlienAlloys, iCash=2, iElerium=0, iAlloys=1, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_WeaponFragment, iCash=1, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_UFOPowerSource, iCash=75, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_UFONavigation, iCash=40, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_AlienFood, iCash=10, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_AlienEntertainment, iCash=17, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_AlienStasisTank, iCash=10, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_AlienSurgery, iCash=25, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_UFOFusionLauncher, iCash=125,iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_DamagedUFOPowerSource, iCash=30, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_DamagedUFONavigation, iCash=20, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_DamagedAlienFood, iCash=5, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_DamagedAlienEntertainment,iCash=5,iElerium=0,iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_DamagedAlienStasisTank,iCash=5, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_DamagedAlienSurgery, iCash=10, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_DamagedHyperwaveBeacon,iCash=45, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_SectoidCorpse, iCash=5, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_FloaterCorpse, iCash=5, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_ThinManCorpse, iCash=5, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_MutonCorpse, iCash=5, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_CryssalidCorpse, iCash=5, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_CyberdiscCorpse, iCash=7, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_SectopodCorpse, iCash=10, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_DroneCorpse, iCash=2, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_EtherealCorpse, iCash=15, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_SectoidCommanderCorpse,iCash=10, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_BerserkerCorpse, iCash=5, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_MutonEliteCorpse, iCash=8, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_FloaterHeavyCorpse, iCash=6, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=-1, iEng=-1)

; Facilities - What follows is a list of all the Facilities in the game and the BASE cost for them. Use the table to determine pricing.

FacilityBalance=( eFacility=eFacility_AccessLift, iCash=50, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iMaintenance=10, iTime=5, iPower=-2)

FacilityBalance=( eFacility=eFacility_ScienceLab, iCash=125, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iMaintenance=24, iTime=10, iPower=-3)

FacilityBalance=( eFacility=eFacility_Workshop, iCash=130, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iMaintenance=26, iTime=10, iPower=-3)

FacilityBalance=( eFacility=eFacility_SmallRadar, iCash=150, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iMaintenance=15, iTime=14, iPower=-5)

FacilityBalance=( eFacility=eFacility_Power, iCash=60, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iMaintenance=11, iTime=5, iPower=6);MAKE SURE TO SYNC THIS WITH POWER_NORMAL

FacilityBalance=( eFacility=eFacility_Foundry, iCash=75, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iMaintenance=20, iTime=10, iPower=-3)

FacilityBalance=( eFacility=eFacility_OTS, iCash=125, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iMaintenance=25, iTime=8, iPower=-3)

FacilityBalance=( eFacility=eFacility_AlienContain, iCash=85, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iMaintenance=18, iTime=7, iPower=-5)

FacilityBalance=( eFacility=eFacility_LargeRadar, iCash=300, iElerium=0, iAlloys=25, iMaintenance=26, iTime=21, iPower=-8)

FacilityBalance=( eFacility=eFacility_ThermalPower, iCash=200, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iMaintenance=23, iTime=8, iPower=20);MAKE SURE TO SYNC THIS WITH POWER_THERMAL

FacilityBalance=( eFacility=eFacility_EleriumGenerator, iCash=275, iElerium=30,iAlloys=40, iMaintenance=29, iTime=14, iPower=30);MAKE SURE TO SYNC THIS WITH POWER_ELERIUM

FacilityBalance=( eFacility=eFacility_PsiLabs, iCash=200, iElerium=20,iAlloys=20, iMaintenance=30, iTime=14, iPower=-3)

FacilityBalance=( eFacility=eFacility_HyperwaveRadar, iCash=175, iElerium=0, iAlloys=10, iMaintenance=30, iTime=14, iPower=-4)

FacilityBalance=( eFacility=eFacility_DeusEx, iCash=200, iElerium=10,iAlloys=10, iMaintenance=100,iTime=14, iPower=-5)

; Foundry Projects - What follows is a list of all the Foundry Project in the game and the BASE cost for them. Use the table to determine pricing.

FoundryBalance=(eTech=eFoundry_SHIV, iTime=7, iEngineers=5, iCash=70, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iFragments=0, iNumItems=0, eReqTech=eTech_None,eReqItem=eItem_None)

FoundryBalance=(eTech=eFoundry_AlienGrenades, iTime=7, iEngineers=20,iCash=75, iElerium=10,iAlloys=25,iFragments=20,iNumItems=1, eReqTech=eTech_Exp_Warfare,eReqItem=eItem_None)

FoundryBalance=(eTech=eFoundry_SHIV_Heal, iTime=7, iEngineers=10,iCash=70, iElerium=15,iAlloys=15,iFragments=0, iNumItems=0, eReqTech=eTech_EMP, eReqItem=eItem_None)

FoundryBalance=(eTech=eFoundry_CaptureDrone, iTime=14,iEngineers=10,iCash=175,iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iFragments=20,iNumItems=4, eReqTech=eTech_AutopsyDrone,eReqItem=eItem_None)

FoundryBalance=(eTech=eFoundry_MedikitII, iTime=14,iEngineers=15,iCash=125,iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iFragments=20,iNumItems=4, eReqTech=eTech_AutopsyThinMan,eReqItem=eItem_None)

FoundryBalance=(eTech=eFoundry_ArcThrowerII, iTime=14,iEngineers=10,iCash=100,iElerium=20,iAlloys=20,iFragments=20,iNumItems=4, eReqTech=eTech_Elerium,eReqItem=eItem_None)

FoundryBalance=(eTech=eFoundry_AmmoConservation, iTime=14,iEngineers=15, iCash=150,iElerium=0, iAlloys=90,iFragments=20,iNumItems=6, eReqTech=eTech_AutopsyMuton,eReqItem=eItem_None)

FoundryBalance=(eTech=eFoundry_AutomatedLasers, iTime=7, iEngineers=10, iCash=100,iElerium=0, iAlloys=30,iFragments=15,iNumItems=0, eReqTech=eTech_HeavyLasers, eReqItem=eItem_None)

FoundryBalance=(eTech=eFoundry_AutomatedPlasma, iTime=7, iEngineers=20,iCash=200,iElerium=30,iAlloys=45,iFragments=30,iNumItems=0, eReqTech=eTech_Plasma_Heavy,eReqItem=eItem_None)

FoundryBalance=(eTech=eFoundry_AdvancedFlight, iTime=14,iEngineers=25,iCash=325,iElerium=50,iAlloys=50,iFragments=0, iNumItems=2, eReqTech=eTech_Armor_ArchAngel,eReqItem=eItem_None)

FoundryBalance=(eTech=eFoundry_AdvancedConstruction, iTime=14,iEngineers=30,iCash=375,iElerium=30,iAlloys=50,iFragments=20,iNumItems=2, eReqTech=eTech_AutopsySectopod,eReqItem=eItem_None)

FoundryBalance=(eTech=eFoundry_VehicleRepair, iTime=14,iEngineers=20,iCash=175,iElerium=10,iAlloys=30,iFragments=0, iNumItems=4, eReqTech=eTech_AutopsyHeavyFloater,eReqItem=eItem_None)

FoundryBalance=(eTech=eFoundry_PistolI, iTime=7, iEngineers=5, iCash=75, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iFragments=5, iNumItems=0, eReqTech=eTech_None, eReqItem=eItem_None)

FoundryBalance=(eTech=eFoundry_PistolII, iTime=7, iEngineers=10,iCash=150,iElerium=0, iAlloys=20,iFragments=25,iNumItems=0, eReqTech=eTech_LaserWeapons,eReqItem=eItem_None)

FoundryBalance=(eTech=eFoundry_PistolIII, iTime=14,iEngineers=20,iCash=250,iElerium=20,iAlloys=20,iFragments=50,iNumItems=0, eReqTech=eTech_Plasma_Pistol,eReqItem=eItem_None)

FoundryBalance=(eTech=eFoundry_SHIVSuppression, iTime=7, iEngineers=15,iCash=40, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iFragments=0, iNumItems=0, eReqTech=eTech_None,eReqItem=eItem_None)

FoundryBalance=(eTech=eFoundry_StealthSatellites, iTime=7, iEngineers=20,iCash=150,iElerium=20,iAlloys=20,iFragments=0, iNumItems=3, eReqTech=eTech_AlienNavigation,eReqItem=eItem_None)

FoundryBalance=(eTech=eFoundry_Scope, iTime=7, iEngineers=10,iCash=75, iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iFragments=15,iNumItems=0, eReqTech=eTech_WeaponFragments,eReqItem=eItem_None)

; OTS Upgrades - What follows is a list of the officer training school upgrades the BASE cost for them. Use the table to determine pricing.

OTSBalance=(eTech=eOTS_Will_I, iCash=200, eRank=eRank_Major)

OTSBalance=(eTech=eOTS_SquadSize_I, iCash=50, eRank=eRank_Sergeant)

OTSBalance=(eTech=eOTS_XP_I, iCash=125, eRank=eRank_Sergeant)

OTSBalance=(eTech=eOTS_HP_I, iCash=150, eRank=eRank_Lieutenant)

OTSBalance=(eTech=eOTS_SquadSize_II, iCash=75, eRank=eRank_Captain)

OTSBalance=(eTech=eOTS_XP_II, iCash=250, eRank=eRank_Major)

OTSBalance=(eTech=eOTS_HP_II, iCash=275, eRank=eRank_Colonel)

; Techs - What follows is a list of all researchable technologies in the game and the BASE cost for them. Use the table to determine pricing.

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_WeaponFragments, iTime=2, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=5, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_AlienMaterials, iTime=2, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=5, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_Exp_Warfare, iTime=3, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_Xenobiology, iTime=2, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=4)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_LaserWeapons, iTime=6, iAlloys=5, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=10, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_PrecisionLasers, iTime=8, iAlloys=5, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=5, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_HeavyLasers, iTime=8, iAlloys=5, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=5, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_Plasma_Pistol, iTime=15, iAlloys=0, iElerium=5, iNumFragments=40, iNumItems=1)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_Plasma_Light, iTime=17, iAlloys=0, iElerium=5, iNumFragments=40, iNumItems=1)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_Plasma_Rifle, iTime=17, iAlloys=10, iElerium=10, iNumFragments=40, iNumItems=1)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_Plasma_Heavy, iTime=17, iAlloys=10, iElerium=10, iNumFragments=40, iNumItems=1)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_Plasma_Sniper, iTime=15, iAlloys=10, iElerium=10, iNumFragments=50, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_Alloy_Cannon, iTime=15, iAlloys=25, iElerium=5, iNumFragments=40, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_BlasterLauncher, iTime=20, iAlloys=20, iElerium=10, iNumFragments=75, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_Plasma_Cannon, iTime=10, iAlloys=0, iElerium=10, iNumFragments=30, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_EMP, iTime=20, iAlloys=0, iElerium=20, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=40)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_Fusion_Launcher, iTime=15, iAlloys=10, iElerium=20, iNumFragments=50, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_ArcThrower, iTime=3, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=10, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_BaseShard, iTime=3, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_AlienNavigation, iTime=5, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=2)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_UFOPowerSource, iTime=7, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=1)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_Firestorm, iTime=15, iAlloys=10, iElerium=10, iNumFragments=75, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_Elerium, iTime=7, iAlloys=0, iElerium=10, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_Armor_Carapace, iTime=7, iAlloys=10, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_Armor_Skeleton, iTime=10, iAlloys=15, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_Armor_Titan, iTime=20, iAlloys=15, iElerium=5, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_Armor_Ghost, iTime=17, iAlloys=15, iElerium=15, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_Armor_ArchAngel, iTime=17, iAlloys=15, iElerium=15, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_PsiArmor, iTime=15, iAlloys=10, iElerium=10, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_Hyperwave, iTime=8, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_PsiLink, iTime=10, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_InterrogateSectoid, iTime=2, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_InterrogateFloater, iTime=2, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_InterrogateMuton, iTime=2, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_InterrogateThinMan, iTime=2, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_InterrogateEthereal, iTime=10,iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_InterrogateBerserker, iTime=2, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_InterrogateMutonElite, iTime=2, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_InterrogateHeavyFloater, iTime=2, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_InterrogateSectoidCommander, iTime=6, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=0)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_AutopsySectoid, iTime=2, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=1)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_AutopsyFloater, iTime=2, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=1)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_AutopsyMuton, iTime=2, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=1)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_AutopsyThinMan, iTime=2, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=1)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_AutopsyCryssalid, iTime=2, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=1)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_AutopsyEthereal, iTime=6, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=1)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_AutopsyCyberdisc, iTime=2, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=1)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_AutopsyDrone, iTime=2, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=1)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_AutopsySectopod, iTime=2, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=1)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_AutopsyBerserker, iTime=2, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=1)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_AutopsyMutonElite, iTime=2, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=1)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_AutopsyHeavyFloater, iTime=2, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=1)

TechBalance=(eTech=eTech_AutopsySectoidCommander, iTime=3, iAlloys=0, iElerium=0, iNumFragments=0, iNumItems=1)

[XComGame.XComPrecomputedPath]

BlasterBombSpeed=500.0f

; I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS SETTING DOES, NEED MORE INPUT.

Thanks go to the following contributors who have provided explanations of settings or who I have used information they have provided to compile this list: (in no particular order)

Shordijk, Beknatok. Anbar. PepprmintButler, BlackAlpha

And there you go, a complete list of INI setting and descriptions of what they do to the best of my knowledge. Again, PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK/CORRECTIONS. IF I HAVE STATED SOMETHING THAT YOU KNOW IS WRONG THEN SAY SOMETHING!!

EDIT: Did some formatting corrections, added in some feedback changes. Still a work in progress. If someone wants to set up a WIKI page and start adding all this in please feel free to do so, I make no claim on this information as "MINE" lol. Still a lot to be done!

EDIT: Added in missing weapon section, which I still can't believe I forgot to do the first time.. lol

EDIT: Adding some clarity to the weapon section as I'm getting questions about the Arc Thrower, and a few other minor edits. NOTE. Future edits and updates need to be made on the WIKI. I am taking off and likely won't be updating this again as I feel like until a "Real" modding tool is introduced there isn't must more that can be done fiddling with INI settings.

Edited by Xionanx

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appreciate it, as I test things/get feedback I'll be updating the first post. Granted I'm hoping the dev's will just release an editor and make all of this INI fiddling obsolete... oh that would be nice. And yeah.. WIKI makes a LOT more sense... Edited by Xionanx

This is great, thanks for the effort.

Do you have any ideas of what iRange and iRadius do? I would love to increase the ArcThrower range

Another thing I would like to change is standard medikit uses, maybe from 1 to 2. Can't really see anything in the item properties that determines that : /

; when second wave is enabled with "Not created Equally"

; these are the minimal and maximal values they can have

LOW_AIM=50

HIGH_AIM=80

; the offensive/aim

LOW_MOBILITY=12

HIGH_MOBILITY=14

; Distance the unit can go

LOW_WILL=20

HIGH_WILL=60

; The will of the unit

ROOKIE_AIM=65

ROOKIE_MOBILITY=12

ROOKIE_STARTING_WILL=40

; this is the default settings for a new recuit

eCP_Hardened = (NEED MORE INFO)

"Hardened" is what HEAT ammo counters and is a robot attribute.

SHOOT_WHEN_PANICKED=5

; This appears to be the "Chance" that your soldiers or other NPC units will attempt to shoot a target (friendly or enmey) when they panic. I believe it is a shortened percent, ; meaning its a 50% chance. However I am not certain and more input is needed.

I concur: i did a fair few tests of this and set at 5 you get an awful lot of panic, set to 1 its rare, set to 0 and ive never seen it occur.

ABDUCTION_LURK_PCT=50

SMALL_UFO_LURK_PCT=0

LARGE_UFO_LURK_PCT=50

; I have NO IDEA what these effect.

percentile chance of a UFO hanging around after its stated mission .... i.e. can be spotted and attacked on the geoscape after abduction/terror mission/ etc.

If you up the percentage they stay hanging around the geoscape for some time:

e.g. I had this guy hanging around for quite some time after I had failed to intercept it on its abduction mission (it shot my interceptor down).

I then played the "abduction mission" and completed it - normally the UFO then "dissapears", in this case it spent some time floating around looking all big'n nasty, then ventually buggered off elsewhere.

this is the screen AFTER i had completed the abduction mission, returned to based and done some other stuff...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8187/8092103739_721980cb9b_c.jpg

MAX_CRIT_WOUND=90

; No idea what this setting does. Perhaps it ties into the CritWoundChance in the character stats, again, need more information.

The percentage of the original shot damage value that can contribute to the critical damage....

i.e. in tabletop terms... base damage of 10 means you can get a critical hit of up to 90% (9) meaning total possible damage = 19.

I've lowered this to 50 and critical hits (total damage shown) are lower as anticipated.

Worth bearing in mind that just because your base damage is 10, it doesnt mean you will HIT for 10... you may hit for 5, meaning your critical damage max would then be 4 = 9

(Observed result are therefore still somewhat speculative)

LATE_UFO_CHANCE = 50 ; Chance of Aliens sending out a second UFO in the months after you've defeated the base

EARLY_UFO_CHANCE = 50

UFO_LIMIT = 2

UFO_INTERCEPTION_PCT=66 ; Chance that a UFO will require interception

; Not entirely sure what the above actually effect, the LATE/EARLY UFO seems meaningless to me as I get UFO's all the time, so what KIND of UFO are we talking about here? The UFO ; Limit seems to indicate the number of UFO's that will be active at one time? And the UFO Incterception percent is the random chance a random UFO will appear and need to be shot ; down. Again, need some clarity on these.

Havent entirely worked this out yet but essentially you have UFOs flying around all the time, unseen by the player.

Generally the player gets to see 1 UFO per month with a percentile chance of a second UFO becomming visible, early & late referring to before & after the Alien Base assault mission is completed.

UFO_LIMIT appears to be a cap on the # of UFOs that the player can be given in any month - so if the abduction/terror UFOs are enabled, then you will get the chance to see only 2 total, regarldess of "second-chance" UFOs flying around.

When I upped this to 4 I encountered a "standard" UFO, an abduction UFO, then a third small UFO, which as it raised no other event, I can only assume was a "second chance" UFO (which i shot down and got a mission for).

I had raised both early and late UFO chance to 75.

(again, observable only, so subject to confirmation)

UFO_INTERCEPTION_PCT=66

I *think* that this is the percentage that any "Observed UFO" will need to be intercepted by the player i.e. is "made visible" to the player, so even if you get a second-chance UFO you may not need to intercept it - but that is pretty much a guess and only makes a lot of sense if the abduction/terror UFOs were enabled, so it may be legacy code..... Big chunk of guessing in there. :-0

Edited by Anbar

This is great, thanks for the effort.

Do you have any ideas of what iRange and iRadius do? I would love to increase the ArcThrower range

Another thing I would like to change is standard medikit uses, maybe from 1 to 2. Can't really see anything in the item properties that determines that : /

I can't believe I completely forgot to do the weapons section.... iRange seems to effect the range/distance that items SPECIAL ABILITIESl effect can be used. For instance it determines the throw distance of grenades, or how far away a target can be for you to use "HEADSHOT" on it in the case of sniper rifles. Increasing this number does NOT effect normal shot distance/range as that is solely determined by a characters view distance.. IE, if you can see it, you can shoot it. iRadius determines the AOE (Area of Effect). For kicks set the iRadius for the rocket launcher to 5x its normal radius, double its damage and environment damage and then laugh as you wreck entire buildings.. good times. Anyway, I'll see about adding a weapons section in later tomorrow as I'm pretty burned out on typing today.

I see some nice contributions to the information coming already from other posters!!

As a side note, if someone wants to write the weapon section for me and I'll just copy/paste it into the first post... lol. Otherwise.. tomorrow.

BalanceMods_Easy

BalanceMods_Normal

BalanceMods_Hard

BalanceMods_Classic

I've noticed something odd, when I change settings (such as HP, only one I've tested) for classic mode and then load or start a new classic game, the HP is unchanged for current and new soldiers. However, after some testing I noticed that classic mode uses stats applied by "BalanceMods_Easy".... which is odd. Anyone else noticed this and know if this applies to all stats (crit, aim etc)?

Also, regarding soldier progression (SoldierStatProgression), gains to base defence don't seem to show up on the soldier stat page, if they're even applying at all.

Colossal work there. Kudos.

The wiki format would be a lot more appropriate for that kind of volume...

A few quick remarks on section1 - abilities

eAbility_Plague = GIVES THINMEN THE "PLaGUE SHOT" ABILITY (POISON GAS CLOUD) OR GIVES CHRYSALLIDS THE ZOMBIE MAKING ABILITY (NOT SURE). (NEED MORE INFO)

Thats the Thinmen ability. Does not work with soldier (usable and aimable, but does not do the attack)

eAbility_CombatStim = Adds the Combat Stim effect to the SUPPORT Smoke Grenade. (NEED MORE INFO)

Or maybe it adds the combat stim effect to the combat stim object ..?

eAbility_DeathBlossom = Adds the "Death Blossom" attack to Cyberdiscs. (NEED MORE INFO)

Does not work with soldier (soldier is not in "closed" state so cannot use the attack)

eAbility_CannonFire = Adds the "Cannon Fire" attack to the Sectopod. (NEED MORE INFO)

Does not work with soldier (no button)

eAbility_DestroyTerrain = Adds the "Destroy Terrain" attack to the Sectopod. (NEED MORE INFO)

DOES work with soldier. This is, for all intents and purposes, free aim so quite valuable to some I presume.

eAbility_ClusterBomb = Adds the "Cluster Bomb" attack to the Sectopod. (NEED MORE INFO)

Does not work with soldier (no button)

Also regarding Characters :

bCanUse_eTraversal_BreakWall=TRUE/False = Can knock down walls to move through them (NOT TESTED NO IDEA HOW THIS ACTUALLY FUNCTIONS BUT WOULD BE FUN FOR A JUGGERNAUT LOL RUN)

Does not seem to do anything for the soldier unfortunately

bHasPsiGift=TRUE/False = Sets the can use PSI abilites flag. (NOT TESTED!! COULD MAKE ALL YOUR SOLDIERS BE PSI CAPABLE, COULD DO NOTHING)

Does not seem to do anything for me

Very excited to see this grow and evolve :)