Compiled list of DefaultGameCore.ini settings and their funtions

Xionanx

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, forget that I think it requires a lot more experimentation as I might have been wrong. Is there a way to spawn player controlled aliens?

If you use the Developer console you can use the command SwapTeamsOnNearestUnit, which will swap the team (AI Player -> Human Player or Human Player -> AI Player) of the unit closest to the mouse pointer at the time the command is executed.

There is also a command AddUnits, which adds units of various type (reportedly), but I haven't had as much experience with that one. If you can get the alien to spawn normally, though, you can definitely swap it to your team with the prior command. You can even swap them before they have been "discovered", but then they will still take their first initial "discovery move" during your turn instead of being controllable by you. After that it is fine.

• 1 month later...

I have learned that in the ini settings that look like this:

SoldierStatProgression=(eClass=eSC_Support, eRank=eRank_Squaddie, iHP=1, iAim=5, iWill=2, iDefense=0, iMobility=1 )

any bonus you put in iDefense is NOT applied in the game. See XComStrategyGame.upk >> XGStrategySoldier >> LevelUpStats()

Ok, for a Sectoid they use stats from BOTH

Weapons=(iType=eItem_PlasmaPistol

Weapons=(iType=eItem_SectoidPlasmaPistol

Abilities are pulled from SectoidPlasmaPistol

Properties are pulled from SectoidPlasmaPistol

iValues (iDamage,iHPBonus, iOffenseBonus) are all pulled from PlasmaPistol

XCOM pull Everything from PlasmaPistol

I have learned that in the ini settings that look like this:

SoldierStatProgression=(eClass=eSC_Support, eRank=eRank_Squaddie, iHP=1, iAim=5, iWill=2, iDefense=0, iMobility=1 )

any bonus you put in iDefense is NOT applied in the game. See XComStrategyGame.upk >> XGStrategySoldier >> LevelUpStats()

Apparently there are hard-coded stat-increases defined per class, which are then overwritten in the "default" case of the switch(class) statement.

However, the random stat increases (selected via SW option Hidden Potential) are hard-coded, so are not based on any of the DGC.ini values. The values are assigned in XcomStrategyGame.upk >> XGStrategySoldier.LevelUpStats

They break down to this:

1) HP -- Heavy has 60% chance per level of +1 hp, all other classes have 50%

2) Aim

Heavy : 0-2 aim per level

Assault : 1-5 aim per level

Support : 2-6 aim per level

Sniper : 3-9 aim per level

3) Move

Heavy has 10% chance of +1 move, all other classes have 20%

4) Will is same as usual

Yeh I saw that, which is why I've renamed Hidden Potential and it's description in Merciless as BUGGED, because I use the promotion to Heavy to include a -2 mobility penalty to make up for the Unlimited Ammo I gave Heavy Weapons.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I've been working on the Wiki entry for the DGC.INI, and have put everything that is in there into sections. One primary reason for that is you can edit each section separately instead of the entire article from the 'edit' button on the top of the page. This is currently the longest single article in the XCOM name space at 83 KB, and there is a warning that anything over 32KB may be too large for some browsers to edit. But they should now be able to edit sub sections.

I've also tried to make it easier to spot the 'Balance Mode' entries given they are the only known one to override the EXE copy from the '\Config' folder version.

The next step is to work through this thread (probably backwards) and update with the latest discoveries or test results, and then see about splitting some elements out to separate files in order to reduce the over-all article length.

However, before embarking on an effort to split things out, I wanted to poll the contributors as to whether or not they think that is a good idea. Perhaps only some sections might benefit. Perhaps we'd prefer to live with the long length.

Please take a bit of time to look over the page and post your opinions 'here'.

[Edit: Added link to thread about the Wiki for opinions to keep this one on track.]

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

• 6 months later...

Hey, does anybody know how to change the base damage and critical hit damage of a gun?

yes, anybody does, but you really need to read existing wiki modding information and the starts of this thread (and other on nexus) as that's been done too death already.

Also there is a separate forum for Mod Requests (which is essentially what you are asking for).

• 1 month later...

Within my mod i experienced the value of item_credit_balance only affect buyable and sellable items. This factore has no influence in gene mods or mec mods (unluckily not) and no affect on missions or whatever i have missed.

This value only affects the items you can buy and sell. For most people it is maybe uninterresting, but for me it was very important because i tried to change the costs of genemods to a much higher value than 255